Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder would Gaga have been more acceptable in the 70s......as some punk disco queen.

I could imagine her at Studio 54.

:D
Of course we all can imagine that easily. Because Gaga's artistic essence is everything but new, it is not obsolete, but most of her "references" (not to call it another name) come from that era. That's another proof of Gaga's "artistic needs".

how about that cheap knock off, Ke$ha?

The only thing she's remotely got going for her is that you could say her music is "fun." That's about it. She's not a very good singer, her songs (other than Tik Tok, which I still like) are annoying, and she looks like she needs a bath.

I get what she's trying to do with her schtick (Whoo! I'm fun! I'm out to snag guys! I'm turning the convention about guys on the prowl on its ear, ya'll!), but it doesn't make her any more appealing.

I cant stand Ke$ha (<-- wtf?). Ranted about her last night in the Idol thread.

I tend to agree- there is not much to her music and its sad that someone with so little to offer musically/artistically is so HUGE on radio today.

However, I think I am reasonably sure of one thing:

Unlike some other crap pop acts since say the mid-late 90s, she is not going away anytime soon.

That song is pretty huge. No idea how her album is selling, or how her new single is doing, but Tik Tok really is/was that popular.

Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack

She'll be a one hit wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom