Kylie! Kylie!! Kylie!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
In celebration of all things Kylietastic.

kylie-minogue_279.jpg

I am a huge fan and am counting down the days until I get to see her live for the sixth time this December. I saw the 'Rhythm Of Love' tour, the 'Intimate' tour, the 'On A Night Like This' tour, the 'Fever' tour and 'Showgirl Homecoming' all in her (and my) hometown Melbourne. The 'X2008' show hits town in a month or two so lets talk about the wonder that is Miss Minogue.

kylie-minogue-photo-2.jpg

So lets talk Kylie.

Your top ten Kylie tracks? Kylie memories? Kylie fantasies? Kylie nightmares?

Share share share!

I don't care for her earlier stuff at all - I'm all about Kylie from about ... oh, Impossible Princess and beyond that.

I'm still waiting for an official full-length video of Bono and Kylie singing "Kids," from her Homecoming concert, too. All I've seen is a clip of him backstage, and a crappy video from someone's cell phone.

I dont think you'll get that official 'Kids' vid anytime soon. They packaged the 'Homecoming' show with her 'White Diamond' dvd and had the version of 'Kids' with Dannniiiiiiii on it instead. Methinks maybe Bono said no-go. I don't know why as the audio is on the 'Showgirl' cd...

I've heard a handful of Dannii's songs, and haven't been impressed. I did like their recent cover of Abba's "The Winner Takes It All," though. I mean, how could you not like it? ;)

She has got hotter with age......every year she gets sexier, it's amazing. It's supposed to be the other way round! She's a phenomenon.

Dannii's All I Wanna Do was quite awesome, and up there with the best Kylie songs.

I went and saw her X Tour, and apart from some jerks in the crowd battling through and ruining part of the night on and off - I really enjoyed it! I loved the intro for On A Night Like This, the pianist belting it out hard suddenly made shivers go down my spine, esp when the beat started.

the crowd went mad, of course, for Your Disco Needs You.

it was great night. :up:

However if she had have brought Showgirl here, THAT would have been more awesome because of all the fancy costumes which I love!

yay, enjoy the gig!

tell ya what zoobaby I was so pleased to see her dancer Jason up close (ish) in the flesh, he is that hot!

and the others, I near died when the very beginning of her gig some males are standing in the background with like strapped tops on, exposing their firm chests in a way and wearing hoods, I was in heaven!

One Daaannniiiiiiiiiiiiii Minogue song wortth the download is 'Disrememberance' - trust me!

As for Kylie she does indeed seem to get hotter as she gets older. I dont know if its cosmetic surgery or just her joy at beating back cancer but the girl radiates these days.

I remember when I was 5 and I really liked "Locomotion". That was probably the song that introduced me to music.

I like "Can't Get You Out Of My Head", but that's about it.

I'm noting that your profile thingy says you are from NYC - thus I assume you dont get a great deal of Kylie in your parts. Trust me on this - try to download (legally or otherwise) the following -

Kids (Featuring Robbie Williams) :love:
Confide In Me
Wow
Spinning Around

And for something completely different - 2 Hearts or Made Of Glass.

and if you can Youtube 'Did It Again' you will see 4 Kylie's beating the crap out of each other. :applaud::drool:

The North American market has missed some crucial stuff from Kylie - and there has been some absolute gems in the past few album cycles that should have been massive hits for her in the US. Give the ones above a try - I think most people on here would say they are Kylie's poppiest/easiest to get into singles of the past decade or so.

Of course if you are aware of the above and just dont care for her - fair call to you! :wave::hyper::applaud:

Ooh, I also love the Fischerspooner remix of Come Into My World - it's brilliant.

And Kids, of course.

Some Kind Of Bliss :drool:

How that was excluded from the Ultimate Kylie compilation, I'll never know.

yay, enjoy the gig!

tell ya what zoobaby I was so pleased to see her dancer Jason up close (ish) in the flesh, he is that hot!

and the others, I near died when the very beginning of her gig some males are standing in the background with like strapped tops on, exposing their firm chests in a way and wearing hoods, I was in heaven!

Sounds like a show :wink: :D

My top 10 Kylie songs, off the top of my head:

1. Can't Get You out of My Head
2. Confide in Me
3. Did It Again
4. Breathe
5. Slow
6. Cowboy Style
7. Spinning Around
8. Better the Devil You Know
9. Some Kind of Bliss
10. Kids

A very special mention to Where the Wild Roses Grow, surely one of the oddest duets ever, :drool:

Back
Top Bottom