KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2010 (Dec. 11 & 12)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
E-friends,

I propose we have a so-called "live broadcast watching party" once again for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas webcast. What say you to this idea? Yes or yes?

Here is the announced schedule so far. I'm primarily proposing we watch Sunday, as I will likely have other plans on Saturday night, but I'm including both as Saturday night's line up is extremely solid as well:

December 11 - 12, 2010

Night 1 (Saturday): The Smashing Pumpkins (headliner), Social Distortion, My Chemical Romance, Bad Religion, Jimmy Eat World, Cake, A Day to Remember, The Dirty Heads, Anberlin, Switchfoot

Night 2 (Sunday): Phoenix, (headliner), Vampire Weekend, Brandon Flowers, The Black Keys, The Temper Trap, Neon Trees, Florence & the Machine, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Broken Bells

Be there or be square, or something.

Hell yeah, man. A few of us were just talking about this recently, how it was fun when we had a little group watching this thing back in '08. I will definitely be there, even though I will probably still be square.

I would argue Saturday is (for once) nearly as good as Sunday. At least I can get some easy barbs in at Temper Trap and Neon Trees.

Good lineup. I'll be at Night 2. :hyper: There is speculation that because there are fewer bands Night 2 and that Phoenix is schduled to start at 10:05, night 2 will have a special guest. Most are thinking No Doubt or maybe an extended set with Phoenix and Daft Punk. Should be interesting. I'm just happy I'm not being subjected to 30 Seconds to Mars again. That was awful.

Here's a link to the set times:21st Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas Set Times ? KROQ FM – The World Famous KROQ

Here's a link for the live stream: LIVE WEBCAST: 21st Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas ? KROQ FM – The World Famous KROQ

So, see you guys here later? According to what trojanchick posted, these are the times tonight (Pacific):

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 12TH
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros 6:00
Broken Bells 6:25
The Temper Trap 6:50
Neon Trees 7:20
Florence & The Machine 7:50
The Black Keys 8:20
Brandon Flowers 8:55
Vampire Weekend 9:30
Phoenix 10:05

I'll tune in for Broken Bells, then take a break until Florence and watch everything from there.

I'll tune in for Broken Bells, then take a break until Florence and watch everything from there.

Not tuning in for Provo's own at 7:20 (PST) :wink:

Pretty good lineup tonight. I'm interested to see The Black Keys. I have yet to see them in a live setting.

Haha, I've still never heard Neon Trees, aside from one song, for that very reason.

You didn't see Black Keys at Twilight last year?

That's too bad. If it's any consolation, I went to that show, but didn't have any albums of theirs at the time...

...and still don't. Need to resolve that.

Broken Bells are sounding better than I expected live.

Listening to BB makes me long for a new Shins record. Hopefully this isn't too long of a side project for Mercer. That said, I do enjoy Broken Bells too.

Ok, I'm here now, the party can begin :wink:

I've been going to bed around 10 (CST) for the last two weeks, but I'll at least try to stay up for Brandon, since this is likely the only way I'm going to get to see him life :(

These guys are from where UiU and I are from.

I want to shoot them.

I don't mind that song too much, I liked it more though when it was a modest indie hit and not...the monster it is now.

I would post my RYM review of Animal, but we're not actually criticizing the music here.

Yes, he does look like a dickhead.

Back
Top Bottom