KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2010 (Dec. 11 & 12)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brandon apparently sold his soul in order to write a song that appealed to almost every person on earth. However, he had never seen the (first) finale of Futurama, so he didn't realize that any deal with the devil comes at a price. His was the inability to ever sing this song live well.

Well, didn't know what to expect with that cover, but it went over pretty well, I think.

I suppose he'd play every song from his album, but I was kind of surprised to hear "Magdelena", especially so early in the set.

Is Brandon Flowers the last performance? My cursor is hovering over the little x on my browser

EDIT: I'm slow.

Nah, Vampire Weekend next and Phoenix is the headliner. He only has about 10 mins or so left.

I've never heard any of these songs he's doing other than Bette Davis Eyes, but I've admittedly enjoyed.

They're all from the new album.

He's only got 10 minutes left? Jesus, short set. And the fact he left in the two covers (counting a Killers song as a cover of course) is kind of surprising.

He better play Hard Enough or Only the Young before he bails :(.

They all have 30 minutes except for the headliner. The times are on the first page.

And I have a short attention span and forgot :(. Sorz.

EDIT: Obviously it took an artist I really cared about for me to notice how short the sets were lol.

:yikes: Brandon does not...sound so great :(.

No, he doesn't.

I thought the Bette Davis Eyes cover was weak, unfortunately. Leighton Meester did it better.

He's giving it his all though, and is a likable guy, so I'm enjoying it for the most part.

Hmmmm, this reworking of When You Were Young, I think, might be really crappy.

I think he sounds fine, but I admittedly haven't heard any of this stuff. :shrug:

Yeah, I'm not digging it, nice try Brandon, but no cigar.

I've never heard a good live version of "Crossfire", but I'm happy with everything else from Flamingo.

"Only the Young" :hyper:

Oh cool, there is a female up there singing with him, so maybe he'll close with "Hard Enough". Unless this is it? He didn't say this was his last one.

I dont dislike the Killers. I think maybe it's just because I dont know these songs, so they all sound a little similar to me.

And since this is my
favorite album of the year
i'm kind of having a great time over here. I know the songs really well :uhoh:

But I understand where you're coming from Jive.

Wow......you closed with a Killers song. Son of a bitch seeking crowd approval

:grumpy:

(I love this song :) )

Though that's quite a synth line they added to it :huh:

I dont dislike the Killers. I think maybe it's just because I dont know these songs, so they all sound a little similar to me.

I like the Killers, have been exposed to these songs pretty regularly, and yes, I would agree that the album is samey. Which is almost exactly the opposite of what I was expecting and found it vaguely disappointing.

Mr. Brightside is a great song.

I think The Killers have actually played pretty much every year I've watched this now that I think about it.

The Killers' best song, for my money.

Because I'm a bit obsessive, there's actually three songs I like more than "Mr. Brightside" ("Read My Mind", "Change Your Mind" and "Under the Gun" in order) but shit, I do love this song a fuck ton.

Not this arrangement though. Leave the Killers songs to The Killers.

I think The Killers have actually played pretty much every year I've watched this now that I think about it.

I noticed that as well. They've played every year they existed in some form (surprise guest once) except, I think in 2005.

that is the number I looked at

it is at the bottom of their screen if you mouse over

2914 now, I did not check on the earlier bands

They have a UStream link that says 2,979 viewers, so they could some how be linked.

It's sort of a regional deal considering it's KROQ, so I doubt the stream gets much hype or press. I only learned of it 5 years or so ago.

Back
Top Bottom