KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2010 (Dec. 11 & 12)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It warms my heart to know that someone in this thread is making my hatred of VW seem down to earth. Thanks, deep. Do you really like Phoenix or something?

It's nice to know that I can sort of make up for the fact that I was a mile away from Phoenix at Lolla in a small way tonight.

They have individual names? No, dumbass, they're Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix, Phoenix and Joaquin.

This lighting might have visibility worse than than two years ago when they wouldn't even zoom in on any one member of The Cure

It's difficult to rip on unintelligible lyrics.

Oh, that's where you're wrong. I could write an essay on Oxford Comma and its place within the world of hipster bullshittery. But I'm a Beck fan, so I'm not one to talk.

Wait, I have one: Phoenix's sets are STATIC. FUCK THIS SHIT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE MERCY AT ALL WHY DID THEY RAPE IT SO

Yep, this is exactly the same as the Lolla set. They most certainly won't be playing anything after A Forest 1901.

Fun times, Scums, whether it seemed like it or not. Hope to do this again next year, perhaps with the bassist or manager of the Killers performing just to keep the streak alive.

Yeah, more festivals need to do streams for our watching entertainment. Good stuffz.

2) I seem to be the only person on the board who even gives a shit about Contra so give me a little credit.

Well, if you go back to the Vampire Weekend thread I think you'd find that a good number of us liked the album. It's in my Top 10. Other people I remember having good things to say about it included Laz, LMP, Scumby, mikal, etc. So, yeah.

Well, if you go back to the Vampire Weekend thread I think you'd find that a good number of us liked the album. It's in my Top 10. Other people I remember having good things to say about it included Laz, LMP, Scumby, mikal, etc. So, yeah.

It was something I said in the heat of the moment in the face of recent bashing of Contra in the year-end thread. No worries, I realize other people like the album, Gaffer.

I love that song and was hoping that someone would reference it.

I can't be mad at you, Scumbo. :cute:

The good things about shows like these are that they make me want to listen to the artists who performed again. Just got done listening to Lungs, think I may have to give Broken Bells a spin. Also think I need to finally buy some Black Keys albums, I have actually been to a concert of theirs after all.

I really enjoyed the show. I need to see Broken Bells, The Black Keys and Florence play full sets. I loved them. I though Vampire Weekend was fun, Phoenix sounds great live, Neon Trees was also fun but that lead singer got on my last nerve. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero was bizarre, good but bizarre. I'd already seen the Temper Trap once before, and they've gotten better live, it was pretty good. Brandon Flowers needs the Killers backing him.

If there's one thing we got from this show, it's that seemingly everyone in Bang and Clatter unanimously hates Neon Trees.

I went to the show on Sunday. I really dug Broken Bells. According to an interview with Kroq, that was their last planned live show unless they release another album.

I can definitely confirm that the web cast was not faulty. Neon Trees were awful and that guy was 10x more annoying in person. I've never seen somebody commit to that kinda of schtick and have it be so horrible.

I liked Black Keys a lot, although I think they are a band I can listen to in small doses. A lot of their stuff sonically sounds similar.

Temper Trap was good. I couldn't get into any of Brandon Flowers' stuff. I think that his writing is pretty weak. It sounds like it won't be a popular opinion here, but I thought that Mr. Brightside was terrible. He sounded completely off key for most of the song.

I enjoyed Vampire Weekend for what they are; (apparently) intelligent lyrics behind some happy, poppy sounding songs. I do think their mix of Afro-influences and east coast snobbery makes for some interesting stuff, although in the end (like the Keys) hearing a bunch of their songs in a row make their sound seem very one-note.

Phoenix sounded great, but I think they are just one of those bands who has some good songs, but not enough that personally interests me to keep me listening.

Back
Top Bottom