KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2010 (Dec. 11 & 12) - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whackjester View Post
I went to the show on Sunday. I really dug Broken Bells. According to an interview with Kroq, that was their last planned live show unless they release another album.

I can definitely confirm that the web cast was not faulty. Neon Trees were awful and that guy was 10x more annoying in person. I've never seen somebody commit to that kinda of schtick and have it be so horrible.

I liked Black Keys a lot, although I think they are a band I can listen to in small doses. A lot of their stuff sonically sounds similar.

Temper Trap was good. I couldn't get into any of Brandon Flowers' stuff. I think that his writing is pretty weak. It sounds like it won't be a popular opinion here, but I thought that Mr. Brightside was terrible. He sounded completely off key for most of the song.

I enjoyed Vampire Weekend for what they are; (apparently) intelligent lyrics behind some happy, poppy sounding songs. I do think their mix of Afro-influences and east coast snobbery makes for some interesting stuff, although in the end (like the Keys) hearing a bunch of their songs in a row make their sound seem very one-note.

Phoenix sounded great, but I think they are just one of those bands who has some good songs, but not enough that personally interests me to keep me listening.

Post more.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #182
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:51 PM
Quote:
I went to the show on Sunday. I really dug Broken Bells. According to an interview with Kroq, that was their last planned live show unless they release another album.

I can definitely confirm that the web cast was not faulty. Neon Trees were awful and that guy was 10x more annoying in person. I've never seen somebody commit to that kinda of schtick and have it be so horrible.

I liked Black Keys a lot, although I think they are a band I can listen to in small doses. A lot of their stuff sonically sounds similar.

Temper Trap was good. I couldn't get into any of Brandon Flowers' stuff. I think that his writing is pretty weak. It sounds like it won't be a popular opinion here, but I thought that Mr. Brightside was terrible. He sounded completely off key for most of the song.

I enjoyed Vampire Weekend for what they are; (apparently) intelligent lyrics behind some happy, poppy sounding songs. I do think their mix of Afro-influences and east coast snobbery makes for some interesting stuff, although in the end (like the Keys) hearing a bunch of their songs in a row make their sound seem very one-note.

Phoenix sounded great, but I think they are just one of those bands who has some good songs, but not enough that personally interests me to keep me listening.
You're a towel.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #183
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post

Post more.
Agreed.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #184
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:51 PM
Quote:

no impressions on florence?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #185
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
no impressions on florence?
I thought she sounded great; very good singer, strong voice. I personally am not really into her music but I can definitely appreciate the space in which she lives musically. In my opinion, this music (and her stage presence) will not translate well to the 360 stage at all. I really think that the band will need to expand its sound to stay relevant. A harp, while cool, is pretty much a one dimensional sound.

The last song she played was "dog days are over" and apparently she ran out of time because the stage literally started turning over to the next band (Black Keys) as they were still playing. She ended up playing a later set than expected because she apparently got stuck in traffic.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #186
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
You're a towel.
Wanna get high? I added that avatar as a test upload to see if I uploaded the picture correctly (this was years ago) and I've been too lazy to change it. I guess it's about time.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #187
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 11:51 PM
Quote:
Old 12-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #188
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissVelvetDress_75 View Post
I agree. I would really like to see them again. I guess here's hoping to another album, which from previous interviews sounded almost like a for sure thing. Unfortunately lately, Danger Mouse seems to be less enthusiastic about another Broken Bells release. Maybe he's just got too much going on. It's gotta be tough being the "it" producer right now.