Kraftwerk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Continuing to ignore the fact that I should be digging up the old, already created threads for artists, this thread is about Kraftwerk :up:

What are you guys listening to? I am digging Trans-Europe Express right now. It's crazy how you can hear what seems like the origins of early hip-hop beats in this record.

I'm a huge fan. My favorite albums are Trans-Europe Express and The Man Machine. Both are absolutely incredible.

I'd say Autobahn and Computer World are just a notch below those two, but still excellent.

Yeah, I know. That's what it sounded like to us gringo's :)

Still.............. liked the first one when it came out. Haven't heard them much in a long time

phanan said:
They haven't exactly done that much lately, which is unfortunate. I'd like to see one of their shows.
Tour de France Soundtracks is excellent, if you haven't already listened to it :up:

So, it seems like the reaction to the Kraftwerk remasters has been mixed thus far.

Here's probably the best and most in-depth review:

5 against 4: Kraftwerk - a remastered retrospective

What I like about this review is that it compares the aborted 2004 remasters as well. A couple of years back, when it looked like the remasters would never come, I went and purchased one of those rare promotional copies of The Catalogue on eBay. I can't remember the price, but it was somewhere around $300. The whole idea was to make direct copies and then resell the thing and get my money back (I think I actually made about $20 when all was said and done).

I'm not sure if I'll buy any of the 2009 versions or not. Apparently the difference isn't that great between that and the 2004 copies, although the review does note that the earlier albums tend to sound great, while the later ones more or less suck. It also mentions that the 2009 editions are hampered by the loudness war, where the 2004 ones were less so.

Back
Top Bottom