KOL cancel concert due to bird poop - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:33 PM
KOL cancel concert due to bird poop

They played 3 songs in St Louis and then left the stage due to "safety concerns", here are a couple tweets from the band...

@doctorfollowill So sorry St. Louis. We had to bail, pigeons [expletive] in jareds mouth and it was too unsanitary to continue. FULL REFUNDS 4 ALL. SO SORRY.

Ha what douches, I almost went to this show

@doctorfollowill Don't take it out on Jared, it's the **** venues fault. You may enjoy being **** on but we don't. Sorry for all who traveled many miles

Old 07-24-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:33 PM
WTF????

Old 07-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:33 PM
I dunno. If I were in a band ....

Scratch that. If I were doing anything, and a pigeon shit in my mouth, I'd be too traumatized to continue whatever it was I was doing.

Even walking. I'd just stop and collapse to the ground, rocking back and forth in a fetal position.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:33 PM
i heard it was good luck.

maybe not in the mouth though.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

True. Just a weird situation!!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
i heard it was good luck.

maybe not in the mouth though.
4 horrible musicians, 1 pigeon
Old 07-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I dunno. If I were in a band ....

Scratch that. If I were doing anything, and a pigeon shit in my mouth, I'd be too traumatized to continue whatever it was I was doing.

Even walking. I'd just stop and collapse to the ground, rocking back and forth in a fetal position.
same here..
Old 07-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 02:33 AM
What a bunch of idiots! I think the band are capable musicians, there decent at most, not my cup of tea although,

But leaving the gig because of bird shit what assholes! Rock and Roll (if you can call what they play rock n roll) is important! but this band and so many bands of this new wave generation are superficial and fake, its all about how good I look, idiots, as a massive fan of music, I'm disgusted by this lot and alot like them! Radio stations feed of this shite thats chrurned out now a day, no thought no coviction in the music!!! Lady Gaga, King of Leon, and most other bands on the radio are all terrible, music these days is all about fame and gain, its becoming almost hard to call it an art form because of all these idiots!!! having said this, obiviously there are lots of great bands! I'm aiming this message at the main stream and main stream radio, and metality, what is been churned out is dire! the great bands are not getting exposed as much as they should! where are your Bruce Springsteen's, Van Morrision's, Rolling Stones, Beatles, U2, of this generation!!! who knows! because all the main stream cares about is rappers who'll apeal to 14 year old girls and sell records like hot cakes! the artform is lost!

Of course this rant isn't totally KOL related! BUT I do think they are idiots for canceling a gig because of bird shit! does this Jared guy think oh I'm too cool for this shit, too righteous! there mediocre musicians! who sold out and let down there fans! assholes!!!! This message must seem like its written by a hater, but I'm not, they have some catchy tunes, nothing more tho IMO,
Old 07-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:03 PM
Pigeon 1 - Kings of Leon 0
Old 07-24-2010, 10:27 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie269 View Post
What a bunch of idiots! I think the band are capable musicians, there decent at most, not my cup of tea although,

But leaving the gig because of bird shit what assholes! Rock and Roll (if you can call what they play rock n roll) is important! but this band and so many bands of this new wave generation are superficial and fake, its all about how good I look, idiots, as a massive fan or music, I'm disgusted by this lot and alot like them! Radio stations feed of this shite thats chrurnd out now a day, no though no coviction in the music!!! Lady Gaga, King of Leon, and most other bands on the radio are all terrible, music these days is all about fame and gain, its becoming almost hard to call it an art form because of all these idiots!!! having said this, obiviously there are lots of great bands! I'm aiming this message at the main stream and main stream radio, and metality, what is been churned out is dire! the great bands are not getting exposed as much as they should! where are your Bruce Springsteen's, Van Morrisions, Rolling Stones, Beatles, U2, of this generation!!! who knows! because all the main stream cares about is rappers who'll apeal to 14 year old girls and sell like hot cakes! the artform is lost!

Of course this rant isn't totally KOL related! BUT I do think they are idiots for canceling a gig because of bird shit! does this Jared guy think oh I'm too cool for this shit, too righteous! there mediocre musicians! who sold out and let down there fans! assholes!!!! This message must seem like its written by a hater, but I'm not, they have some catch tunes, nothing more tho,

umm you may want to read this before you continue your rant.. Other bands were having problems too..

Kings Of Leon abandon gig after pigeon attack | News | NME.COM

if anything the venue management are the ones to blame here, didn't seem to have this ongoing problems with the pigeons figured out.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #12
45:33

Local Time: 12:33 PM
i just think it's pretty piss poor to have to say that you're cancelling a show because a pigeon happened to take a dump and you were standing in the wrong spot.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Lot of big talk from all y'all here. I'd love to see the reactions from each of you if a pigeon shit into your mouth.

I expect it would be a lot of screaming and running away as opposed to "FUCK YEAH, ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!"
Old 07-24-2010, 11:43 PM   #14
Refugee

Quote:
I admit that I read the thread title and thought it sounded like a lame excuse, but after reading the details, I can't say I blame them. I know I'd probably be too busy vomiting to continue playing a gig. Gross.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #15
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Lot of big talk from all y'all here. I'd love to see the reactions from each of you if a pigeon shit into your mouth.

I expect it would be a lot of screaming and running away as opposed to "FUCK YEAH, ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!"
for real. if a pigeon shit in my mouth, i'd be dry heaving for hours at the very least. it'd be a long time before i'd be cool with playing outdoors again.