KOL cancel concert due to bird poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
They played 3 songs in St Louis and then left the stage due to "safety concerns", here are a couple tweets from the band...

@doctorfollowill So sorry St. Louis. We had to bail, pigeons [expletive] in jareds mouth and it was too unsanitary to continue. FULL REFUNDS 4 ALL. SO SORRY.

Ha what douches, I almost went to this show

@doctorfollowill Don't take it out on Jared, it's the **** venues fault. You may enjoy being **** on but we don't. Sorry for all who traveled many miles

I dunno. If I were in a band ....

Scratch that. If I were doing anything, and a pigeon shit in my mouth, I'd be too traumatized to continue whatever it was I was doing.

Even walking. I'd just stop and collapse to the ground, rocking back and forth in a fetal position.

What a bunch of idiots! I think the band are capable musicians, there decent at most, not my cup of tea although,

But leaving the gig because of bird shit what assholes! Rock and Roll (if you can call what they play rock n roll) is important! but this band and so many bands of this new wave generation are superficial and fake, its all about how good I look, idiots, as a massive fan of music, I'm disgusted by this lot and alot like them! Radio stations feed of this shite thats chrurned out now a day, no thought no coviction in the music!!! Lady Gaga, King of Leon, and most other bands on the radio are all terrible, music these days is all about fame and gain, its becoming almost hard to call it an art form because of all these idiots!!! having said this, obiviously there are lots of great bands! I'm aiming this message at the main stream and main stream radio, and metality, what is been churned out is dire! the great bands are not getting exposed as much as they should! where are your Bruce Springsteen's, Van Morrision's, Rolling Stones, Beatles, U2, of this generation!!! who knows! because all the main stream cares about is rappers who'll apeal to 14 year old girls and sell records like hot cakes! the artform is lost!

Of course this rant isn't totally KOL related! BUT I do think they are idiots for canceling a gig because of bird shit! does this Jared guy think oh I'm too cool for this shit, too righteous! there mediocre musicians! who sold out and let down there fans! assholes!!!! This message must seem like its written by a hater, but I'm not, they have some catchy tunes, nothing more tho IMO,

What a bunch of idiots! I think the band are capable musicians, there decent at most, not my cup of tea although,

But leaving the gig because of bird shit what assholes! Rock and Roll (if you can call what they play rock n roll) is important! but this band and so many bands of this new wave generation are superficial and fake, its all about how good I look, idiots, as a massive fan or music, I'm disgusted by this lot and alot like them! Radio stations feed of this shite thats chrurnd out now a day, no though no coviction in the music!!! Lady Gaga, King of Leon, and most other bands on the radio are all terrible, music these days is all about fame and gain, its becoming almost hard to call it an art form because of all these idiots!!! having said this, obiviously there are lots of great bands! I'm aiming this message at the main stream and main stream radio, and metality, what is been churned out is dire! the great bands are not getting exposed as much as they should! where are your Bruce Springsteen's, Van Morrisions, Rolling Stones, Beatles, U2, of this generation!!! who knows! because all the main stream cares about is rappers who'll apeal to 14 year old girls and sell like hot cakes! the artform is lost!

Of course this rant isn't totally KOL related! BUT I do think they are idiots for canceling a gig because of bird shit! does this Jared guy think oh I'm too cool for this shit, too righteous! there mediocre musicians! who sold out and let down there fans! assholes!!!! This message must seem like its written by a hater, but I'm not, they have some catch tunes, nothing more tho,

umm you may want to read this before you continue your rant.. Other bands were having problems too..

Kings Of Leon abandon gig after pigeon attack | News | NME.COM

if anything the venue management are the ones to blame here, didn't seem to have this ongoing problems with the pigeons figured out.

i just think it's pretty piss poor to have to say that you're cancelling a show because a pigeon happened to take a dump and you were standing in the wrong spot.

Lot of big talk from all y'all here. I'd love to see the reactions from each of you if a pigeon shit into your mouth.

I expect it would be a lot of screaming and running away as opposed to "FUCK YEAH, ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!"

Lot of big talk from all y'all here. I'd love to see the reactions from each of you if a pigeon shit into your mouth.

I expect it would be a lot of screaming and running away as opposed to "FUCK YEAH, ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!"
for real. if a pigeon shit in my mouth, i'd be dry heaving for hours at the very least. it'd be a long time before i'd be cool with playing outdoors again.

I don't care for them too much (although I still like a bunch of songs on their first two albums), but they get a pass from me on the whole pigeon-shit-mouth thing. It doesn't make them douchebags.

I love their music, but wait a minute: A bird was shitting into the guy's mouth?

:lol:

I think that's the weirdest explanation I've ever heard for cancelling a show.

Rock stars got a lot of money, right? I'm sure they could spring for three of these:
umbrella-hat-big.jpg

Well, Lance's Mom did cry out "FUCK YEAH, ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!", but I think it was because Dalton gave her an extra fiver.

not a pigeon, either.

andyuk just bought his American pigeon hunting license.

And I wish it would have been the lead guitarist. I just don't like the way he looks. Very uncool looking dude.

But leaving the gig because of bird shit what assholes! Rock and Roll (if you can call what they play rock n roll) is important! but this band and so many bands of this new wave generation are superficial and fake, its all about how good I look, idiots

First of all, do you really think these guys are concerned about looks?

kingsofleon.jpg

:wink:

Secondly, it doesn't really matter how cool you thought your job was, would you really stick around if you had been shat in the mouth? Be honest.

Back
Top Bottom