KISS finally gets nominated...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, about time for Genesis.

weird that KISS didn't already make it in. i mean, they suck, but there's no denying that they have a cult following.

If RHCP gets in over the Stooges, it's a joke. Not that the whole process isn't a joke already. But there would be no RHCP if it weren't for the Stooges.

i wonder if Faith No More will ever get in. now that would be cool.

That would be amazing. Patton would probably try to persuade those suits in the crowd to piss and spit at him. While playing Cuckoo For Caca.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcK5QXSGGaI&feature=channel_page

About Kiss, they're a ridiculous band, but they were influential for plenty of rock bands. I had a lot of respect for RHCP until the poppy post-Californication years. When they lost the funk, it wasn't the same anymore.

The long snub of Kiss is similar to the hall's long delays in recognizing Van Halen and Black Sabbath while allowing entry to such rock stalwarts as Bobby "Blue" Bland, Gladys Knight and the Pips:rockon: , and The Moonglows. (And don't get me started on Madonna being in)...there has always been an anti hard rock bias with the induction committee. Its one thing to dislike Van Halen or Sabbath, its another to fail to recognize their influence on Rock and Roll for many years. Love him or hate him, Eddie Van Halen spawned a whole generation of copy cats, and David Lee Roth influenced a decade of bleached blond showboating frontmen. Iommi and Ozzy being denied the honor for a decade is laughable. And now Kiss finally at least gets on the ballot. Again, they may not be as "deep" lyrically nor as talented musically (Though Ace Frehley is/was a damn good guitar player) as a lot of others, but they revolutionized the rock concert experience in the 70's and were huge. There are plenty of folks from Mike McCready all the way to Garth Brooks who count them as major influences.

And Genesis...why on earth did it take so long for them to gain consideration? Just boggles the mind, but maybe their inclusion on the ballet can give hope to the guys in Rush, another overlooked band. Maybe they can get in the same year as Britney Spears and NSync.

Hopefully Kiss's nomination doesn't pave the way for acts like Bon Jovi, which to me would completely discredit the place.

Also, if Genesis can get on the ballot, then Peter Gabriel should certainly be considered, even if he hasn't been very prolific.

That Rock n Roll All Night Party Everyday song is pretty much the worst song of all time.

It is also the most overplayed song on classic rock radio, at least in the New York area. It is always a test of how fast I can change the station when that song starts playing. :drool:

Laz, are you really telling me you'd be surprised by Bon Jovi getting in?

Yes, I would be. They aren't influential, they don't have any legitimate critical standing. I don't think it's any kind of sure thing, because all they've done is sell a bunch of records, and stay together for a long time. There's got to be something more than that.

There SHOULD be something more than that, but I wouldn't be surprised, personally, if there didn't end up having to be anything more than that.

Yes, I would be. They aren't influential, they don't have any legitimate critical standing. I don't think it's any kind of sure thing, because all they've done is sell a bunch of records, and stay together for a long time. There's got to be something more than that.

They are generally critically panned, and I think that says a lot, whereas with RHCP, they've been around a long time but have also been generally praised for their work.

I can't see Bon Jovi getting in, at least not right away.

Richie Zambuca married and then divorced Heather Locklear. Thats rock and roll. (And of course would also guarantee Motley Crue's induction :wink:)

So what if they're collaborations? It's not like she simply writes the words; she's very involved with the musical direction and arrangements. She finds producers that she admires and shapes the sound of her albums with them.

It's not like she hires "hitmakers" like Bon Jovi or Aerosmith do, so she can have a big radio song on her album. Feel free to look up the name "Desmond Child" and you can see that some of those bands' biggest hits were co-written. And he's also worked with Kiss, for the record. Bon Jovi has been collaborating with Child from Slippery When Wet all the way up to their upcoming album this year.

Oh yeah, Bon Jovi also co-wrote "It's My Life" with Max Martin, the svengali behind N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, and Britney Spears.

And on Bounce they have several songs co-written by Andreas Carlsson, a Swedish pop guy who also worked with Clay Aiken, Celine Dion, N'Sync, Hilary Duff, etc.

Bon Jovi=NO CREDIBILITY.

Back
Top Bottom