kiss/chilli peppers don't get in HOF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But he tried, LMP, he tried. *patsDavidBowieonhead* A for effort, though!

He should've worn an eye-patch.

When are N.W.A. and Public Enemy eligible for the HOF? Another couple of years or so. They're not vanilla rock n' roll enough to get in! Fuck tha police!

David Bowie has sold 136 million albums.

But hey, U2 has sold 145 million, so Bowie can't be huge!

Straight outta Compton, a crazy muthafucka named Ice Cube
From the gang called Niggaz With Attitudes
When I'm called off I got a sawed off
Squeeze the trigger and bodies are hauled off!

1000876~Are-We-There-Yet-Posters.jpg

Ploy to get in the Hall?

Do you feel they have influenced SOME bands? because i'm asking why you didn't volunteer that belief when you stated how you felt about kiss. And you can't say, well besides bands influenced by kiss. what else have they done? Well that is what they have done. That moment that zombie had seeing alice cooper, was experienced by many future artists seeing or growing up with kiss. Something about the approach of kiss to their music was inspiring. yes, the outfits had something to do with it. But far from all of it. No ace didn't reinvent the guitar like hendrix. But he knew how to write what was best for the song. And its been evident to me future rockers took something from him, and the band. I mean i defend kiss and you sarcastically asked if i am a member of the kiss army. I am not. I am fan, but not super hardcore. So you think i have a attitude, your not exactly being polite either.

Do you feel they have influenced SOME bands? because i'm asking why you didn't volunteer that belief when you stated how you felt about kiss. And you can't say, well besides bands influenced by kiss. what else have they done? Well that is what they have done. That moment that zombie had seeing alice cooper, was experienced by many future artists seeing or growing up with kiss. Something about the approach of kiss to their music was inspiring. yes, the outfits had something to do with it. But far from all of it. No ace didn't reinvent the guitar like hendrix. But he knew how to write what was best for the song. And its been evident to me future rockers took something from him, and the band. I mean i defend kiss and you sarcastically asked if i am a member of the kiss army. I am not. I am fan, but not super hardcore. So you think i have a attitude, your not exactly being polite either.

So, tell me who exactly Kiss have had this tremendous influence on (and then we'll judge whether or not these influencees even carry any musical weight themselves), and then tell me, other than just naming "bands influenced by..." exactly what Kiss has done that's musically innovative. What genre did they develop or expand, and how has this had a lasting impact on music? What was unique about them musically? What did they do that no one before them had done?

?

lets work it this way. What bands that ARE in the HOF, do you like, and why do you think they belong. The ones in your mind they got right.

then whats the question that you have?

• Who did Kiss influence?
  • How were they musically innovative?
  • What genre did they create/expand?
  • How did said genre have a lasting impact on music?
  • How was Kiss unique musically?
  • What did they do that no one before them had done?

lets work it this way. What bands that ARE in the HOF, do you like, and why do you think they belong. The ones in your mind they got right.

List of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's really all peachy until you hit about '98.

John Mellencamp?! AC/DC? Lynyrd Skynyrd (You can make the argument about them being indicative of Country Rock or the Outlaw Country scene, but where the fuck is Waylon Jennings?), we've already talked at length about Aerosmith, and I hate the fucking The Eagles, man.

JOHN MELLENCAMP. Whose country is this again?

i like (won't use love) john mellencamp and the eagles.

surely the eagles deserve a place.

Do something different, Bret.

Because their Greatest Hits album sold a whole bunch of records? Because "Hotel California" is on Classic Rock radio every 30 minutes? Name another Eagles song, and who the hell cites them as a major influence. Have they even recorded a new song together since the '70s? It doesn't appeal to me personally, but I don't see any sort of lasting significance to it either.

And FUCK JOHNNY JOHN-JOHN COUGAR MELLENCAMP. He's like Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen's retarded younger brother. It's like if fucking Ant-Man got into the Superhero Hall of Fame before Spider-Man or Iron Man, holy shit. Johnny Cougs has opened the door for fringe acts like Bryan Adams or Rick Springfield to get in. WTF???

THIS IS OUUUUURRRRRRRR COUNTRRYYYYYYYYY.

I can't think of anything worse than The Eagles, really.

Outside of knowing the music sucked in ways dictionaries still can't adequately describe, I also know that Don Henley used to (still does?) chain barely/not-legal girls to his bed.

Outside of knowing the music sucked in ways dictionaries still can't adequately describe, I also know that Don Henley used to (still does?) chain barely/not-legal girls to his bed.

So THAT'S what The End of the Innocence is about!

Well we know Jerry Lee Lewis probably voted for The Eagles to get in. Maybe Rick James and Chuck Berry, too.

And I'm sure GAF approves.

Name another Eagles song

Desperado
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Already Gone
Best of My Love
One Of These Nights
Lyin Eyes
New Kid in Town
Life in the Fast Lane
Heartache Tonight

Never was an Eagles fan, but these songs were everywhere during the 70s. If you were alive and didn't live in a cave, you knew these songs (whether you wanted to or not).

Should they be in the HOF? Who really gives a fuck? Does it really mean anything? If a musician or band doesn't get in are they suddenly considered shit? Or do the people that like them still like them and the people who think they were shit still think they are shit?

Desperado
Take It Easy
Witchy Woman
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Already Gone
Best of My Love
One Of These Nights
Lyin Eyes
New Kid in Town
Life in the Fast Lane
Heartache Tonight

Never was an Eagles fan, but these songs were everywhere during the 70s. If you were alive and didn't live in a cave, you knew these songs (whether you wanted to or not).

Should they be in the HOF? Who really gives a fuck? Does it really mean anything? If a musician or band doesn't get in are they suddenly considered shit? Or do the people that like them still like them and the people who think they were shit still think they are shit?

I'm annoyed by how many of these I recognise.

"One Of These Nights" is the best of a bad lot.

GAF:

You are scum, in the scuzziest and dirtiest possible way.

Hoever, the clip you just posted gives me goosebumps. I love that performance, love that band and hearing an old favorite like that played that evening was just perfect, doubly so with Berry on the drums.

Javy's back in the AL.

Indeed.

That whole night was great. Eddie's induction speech, the performances with Berry and, yeah, Gardening At Night is a favorite of mine as well.

I've always really liked Javy but hopefully he can get over whatever it is that makes his struggle in the postseason. I'm still slightly bitter that we started him in Game 1 of our Divisional series against the Rays in the '08 playoffs. He was awful that afternoon and it dropped us in a hole we weren't able to climb out of. I wish nothing but the best for him, though.

Back
Top Bottom