kiss/chilli peppers don't get in HOF - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2009, 12:29 AM   #76
45:33

Local Time: 08:44 PM
just reading all these replies.

^ has a point there. Nickleback have a right to be in there if they keep this commercial success going, and just because a bunch of you and/or others may think that Aerosmith aren't artisic, or deep, or influential, or whatever doesn't mean they shouldn't go in the hall of fame.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:59 AM   #77
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
and just because a bunch of you and/or others may think that Aerosmith aren't artisic, or deep, or influential, or whatever doesn't mean they shouldn't go in the hall of fame.
What does that say about the HOF?

Old 12-20-2009, 01:09 AM   #78
45:33

Local Time: 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
What does that say about the HOF?
very little, obviously, but you really can't deny massive commercial success. i don't know. i've got no idea of the inner workings of the hall of fame.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:23 AM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 09:44 AM
let me ask some of you people something. Outside of being the first everything, how deep and artistic are the songs of Elvis Presley? you act like rock music was founded on the likes of the VU and then some band came along and made it commercial etc. We wouldn't be here or have a rock and hall of fame if it wasn't for the 50's rock artists. That music was 3 chords,silly lyrics and believe me, COMMERCIAL. When elvis and the Colonel booked a concert,a tv appearance, etc it was to sell records and be as big as possible. You come off, like rock had started out as some underground,bohemian,low life,arty form of music and then was "ruined" by bands like aerosmith. Any documentary i see of 50's rock shows kids dancing and partying to the music. Something that aerosmith is alot closer to then the VU. Being commercial has been part of rock music since day 1. So not wanting to put someone in because they were extremely commercially successful is A LITTLE INSANE, DON'T YOU THINK? I do think the VU should be in. They took a non commercial route. and it worked.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #80
The Male

Local Time: 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allbecauseofu2 View Post
So not wanting to put someone in because they were extremely commercially successful is A LITTLE INSANE, DON'T YOU THINK?
Nobody here would deny a band access to the Rock And Roll HOF because they achieved commercial success. They would be denied because their music is garbage.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:39 AM   #81
Refugee

the millions of fans that brought said band's albums, say its not garbage. Theirs proly another bands message board right now in their "other artists discussion' saying how full of shit u2 is, what a bunch of losers their fans are, and how did they get into the HOF.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:41 AM   #82
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Nobody here would deny a band access to the Rock And Roll HOF because they achieved commercial success. They would be denied because their music is garbage.
Exactly.

Art and commerce rarely collide, and when they do, it's golden. Not that the Hall of Fame should only recognize artists who achieve both, although I do think they should consider the former more than the latter, but that's just me. That doesn't just apply to Aerosmith, by the way.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:52 AM   #83
Refugee

Ironic the love for the velvet underground when, one of the bands they influenced was the the ramones.A band much loved in the underground. A band that played a form of music that makes joe perry look like joe satriani. If your one of the people on here that is using the velvet underground as the basis for the anti kiss/aerosmith argument but also loves the ramones and thinks they should be in, i wanna hear this fucking explanation.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:52 AM   #84
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
So not wanting to put someone in because they were extremely commercially successful is A LITTLE INSANE, DON'T YOU THINK?
I said commercial success means bands shouldn't be allowed in?

I mean, I'm shocked by how illogical all of your arguments are, and I really feel like I need to break this down and explain it to you-

Quote:
Originally posted by allbecauseofu2
Oh, right.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:02 AM   #85
Refugee

i said that in response to whoever in general. its why i don't quote posts in my posts.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:02 AM   #86
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ironic the love for the velvet underground when, one of the bands they influenced was the the ramones.A band much loved in the underground. A band that played a form of music that makes joe perry look like joe satriani. If your one of the people on here that is using the velvet underground as the basis for the anti kiss/aerosmith argument but also loves the ramones and thinks they should be in, i wanna hear this fucking explanation.
Your posts feature ... MYSTERIOUS!

I need to give you my avatar. You're crushing me like a cheese sandwich.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:04 AM   #87
Refugee

whatever buddy. what the fuck ever.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:06 AM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:44 AM
Quote:
Oh sweetie, don't worry about them. They're just snob wannabes. Real snobs don't give a flying fuck who's in the Hall of Fame.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:08 AM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
easy, Sunshine
Old 12-20-2009, 02:11 AM   #90
Blue Crack Supplier

In all seriousness, I think the idea of a RnRHOF is stupid because music is way too subjective. In sports, at least the statistics mean something. In music, awards and record sales are commonly disputed as measurements of talent, which really means that there isn't any reasonable way to form said Hall of Fame. No two HOFs would look much alike.

That said, Aerosmith still shouldn't be in.