kiss/chilli peppers don't get in HOF - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #136
Refugee

Local Time: 07:11 AM
i respond to arrogance with arrogance. Your "gleam in your mommys eye " crap i consider to be a insult. So i respond in kind. I defend kiss, and you assume i must be in the kiss army. I don't think that was meant to be complementary.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:11 AM
And you told me to do research, implying I don't know what I'm talking about. That's not arrogance? Just letting you know that I've been doing research for more years than you've been alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeaver View Post
KISS were toys that played bad music. If there's any HOF they should be in it's the Toys That Play Bad Music Hall of Fame. They should not be in any "real" hall of fame. However, the rock and roll hall of fame being a sort of sham/bullshit anyhow, maybe KISS should be in. I dunno. Bottom line is both KISS and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame suck equally.
Awesome. Can that be housed next to the Hall of Misfit Toys?

Old 12-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #138
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:11 AM
I love online bitchslaps.

YouTube - CHERRY DR. PEPPER Gene Simmons

That just makes me sad.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #139
ONE
love, blood, life

Hey, can someone name a good Kiss song that wont get a lot of laughs?
Old 12-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #140
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by allbecauseofu2 View Post
Do some research
Probably should have done the same before the Bowie comment..... just sayin'
Old 12-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #141
The Male

Local Time: 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Hey, can someone name a good Kiss song that wont get a lot of laughs?
The debut album isn't too awful. I rather like Cold Gin, and the Replacements covered Black Diamond, so you know that song has some level of credibility. Can't think of too many others.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #142
Blue Crack Supplier

Allbecauseofu2, just wondering, did you attend a top 5 UK university?
Old 12-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #143
Blue Crack Distributor

Honestly, I think they're more cultural icons than any sort of musical innovators. I remember them being everywhere circa 76 - 77, and then they faded into being a niche band, with their core group of fans. They're more deserving than AC/DC, who I actively detest, probably more on par with Aerosmith, a safe, mediocre choice that not that many people are going to argue with.

Again though, in the grand scheme of things, the HOF doesn't have a ton of credibility, so it doesn't matter much.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #144
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Allbecauseofu2, just wondering, did you attend a top 5 UK university?
Be careful, Peef. The person you're interrogating might KNOW people.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
The debut album isn't too awful. I rather like Cold Gin, and the Replacements covered Black Diamond, so you know that song has some level of credibility. Can't think of too many others.
Detroit Rock City?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #146
Refugee

first, i checked bowie's us sales and while he had alot of gold records, thats not "huge". Led zeppelin is huge. And i had mentioned , i was going by us numbers. Low wasn't exactly frampton comes alive. Hey , unless no ones been updating his sales here. I asked does anyone have his us soundscans?

vintage, how about admitting you already were backtracking after i called you out about the influence. You asked the question, what did kiss bring to music?. i said, they are a major influence on many hard rock artists. Then you said you never said none were influenced by them, just not as many as i made it out to be. Wait a second. Then your admitting that you do feel SOME were influenced by kiss. You didn't mention that belief in your trashing of the band that before. You were doing research before i was born? great. Too bad thats all irreverent to this thread. Unless you were somehow researching kiss's influence on post 1970's hard rock while it was still actually the 1970's.Thats amazing. Excuse me while i go find out how the killers influenced the the rock movement of the 2020's.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:43 AM   #147
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
first, i checked bowie's us sales and while he had alot of gold records, thats not "huge". Led zeppelin is huge. And i had mentioned , i was going by us numbers. Low wasn't exactly frampton comes alive. Hey , unless no ones been updating his sales here. I asked does anyone have his us soundscans?
Again, why does the US only matter? A little bit more research and you would find that he was, indeed huge. Thats not even debatable
Old 12-23-2009, 12:49 AM   #148
Refugee

i didn't say it did. But since i'm from the us, my initial reaction is that, he wasn't huge commercially save for a few moments. I checked out his UK sales. I'm disappointed earthling didn't do better.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:12 AM   #149
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

vintage, how about admitting you already were backtracking after i called you out about the influence. You asked the question, what did kiss bring to music?. i said, they are a major influence on many hard rock artists. Then you said you never said none were influenced by them, just not as many as i made it out to be. Wait a second. Then your admitting that you do feel SOME were influenced by kiss. You didn't mention that belief in your trashing of the band that before. You were doing research before i was born? great. Too bad thats all irreverent to this thread. Unless you were somehow researching kiss's influence on post 1970's hard rock while it was still actually the 1970's.Thats amazing. Excuse me while i go find out how the killers influenced the the rock movement of the 2020's.
Um...

You're just baffling. You initially said

Quote:
most hard rock/metal guitarists revere ace frehley and kiss. I have heard this from their own mouths in many interviews. If your looking bash kiss from a no respect from other artists/no influence its not gonna work. They will tell you they brought alot to music, including the reason they themselves play rock to begin with.
I didn't backtrack on a damn thing. I can't backtrack on something I didn't say in the first place. I questioned your assertion that "most" have been influenced by them. That's ridiculous.

Yup, I stopped paying attention to music the minute you were born, you got me there!

Just because someone doesn't hold a mediocre band up to the same standards you do doesn't mean that they're "trashing" them.

So, tell me who exactly Kiss have had this tremendous influence on (and then we'll judge whether or not these influencees even carry any musical weight themselves), and then tell me, other than just naming "bands influenced by..." exactly what Kiss has done that's musically innovative. What genre did they develop or expand, and how has this had a lasting impact on music? What was unique about them musically? What did they do that no one before them had done?
Old 12-23-2009, 01:14 AM   #150
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:11 AM
KISS... they... "Love Gun..." blah!

Fucking Bowie never made it in the States!