Kings Of Leon Only By The Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
Kings of Leon are a massive draw here in the UK and their single and album are both no1 at the same time and they have sold out London o2 arena in record time but could someone give me the details of how many copies 'Only By The Night' has sold in its first week here in the UK and in the US?

Not sure how many copies but I am one that bought a copy. I bought the Target Exclusive, which comes with a 2nd (Live) disc from Hammersmith Apollo.

I heard many complain about KOL when they opened for U2. KOL were a far better choice than Kanye West! (ack!) I loved that KOL opened for U2. I went to see them headline a show in LA during the summer of 2005. Good times.

It also seems that KOL guitarist Matthew Followill was paying close attention to The Edge during thier tour with U2. "Because of the Times" (released in 2007) shows that he was paying close attention to The Edge use of reverb, shimmer and whammy pedal use.

:applaud:

its was 220,000 copies in its first week of sales! can't beleive it! thats more than U2 sell

Just a measure of how far these guys have come in terms of sales. They have now RETURNED to number one in the UK, have well over 1,000,000 for Only by the Night and have TWO singles in the tp ten!

fair play to KOL, only by the night looks as if it will sell a lot more than the new U2 album in UK.

Coldplays UK sales have been somewhat disapointing compared to that of their last album. i think the new U2 album can v likely outsell it this time.

Is that for just the UK, though?

Worldwide would be a different story.

EDIT - yeah, ok. Just the UK. Obviously worldwide it's not even close. Coldplay blows them out of the water.

Kings of Leon are at 2.17 million worldwide (1.26 million in the UK)
Coldplay are at 6.8 million (1.09 million in the UK)

But Kings are at number 1 again in the UK chart so they're definitely gonna kick Coldplay's ass there

Worldwide naturally Coldplay are way ahead

And in all of these threads, there seems to be a competitive vibe. Who cares which band sold more? Who can even predict how the new U2 album will do?

There's no competition to win here. The KOL fans around here seem obsessed with justifying their adoration for the band. Uh, just like what you like and leave everyone else (and their favorite bands) out of it.

Only By The Night was just a lazy effort by KOL. I generally like this band but other than Crawl and Sex On Fire, this album was weak. :down:

The album has gone like 6 times platnium in Oz. which is like 400,000 copies sold, which is massive.

A shame really, cause it's on the back of that awful Use Somebody song.

Why do we persist in having such shite taste in music down under.

The problem with Only is that it starts amazingly well and then it goes gettin weaker by the last three-four songs. It's still great anyway.

I was a really big KOL fan until the Only By the Night. Because of the Times would have to be in my top five albums of the 21st century - and then to follow that up with "Use Somebody" and co means U2s status as my favourite band is secure for another few years yet.

Only By The Night was just a lazy effort by KOL. I generally like this band but other than Crawl and Sex On Fire, this album was weak. :down:

I agree completely. There are one or two other songs later in the album that I like, but after the first three songs, they all start running together for me, so I can't even tell you what the names of them are.

I think a lot of people are confusing an album selling well with it being good. They're two totally different things. It can sell a million billion copies and I won't think any differently of it than I do now, which is that it's mediocre at best.

I agree completely. There are one or two other songs later in the album that I like, but after the first three songs, they all start running together for me, so I can't even tell you what the names of them are.

I think a lot of people are confusing an album selling well with it being good. They're two totally different things. It can sell a million billion copies and I won't think any differently of it than I do now, which is that it's mediocre at best.

I'm gonna call bullshit on these two. I like every song on this album.

The album has gone like 6 times platnium in Oz. which is like 400,000 copies sold, which is massive.

A shame really, cause it's on the back of that awful Use Somebody song.

Why do we persist in having such shite taste in music down under.

And I'll remind everyone that this kid is an idiot.

Well Done KOL for winning their first Grammy! totally deserved for a fantastic album

Back
Top Bottom