KINGS OF LEON NEW ALBUM DETAILS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
Can't Beleive it that Kings of Leon have a new album called 'Only By the Night' which will be released in September!

They are also HEADLINING all the UK festivals this Summer including Glastonbury, V Festival, T in The Park.

Fantastic news can't wait for the new album! these guys a'rnt arfraid of hard work they have only just finished a world wide tour etc from there last album 'Because of the Times' but i suppose that the massive succsess and following they now have they decided to keep writing and performing.

There's a lot of very good music coming out in the next few months. The Verve, Kings of Leon, Oasis, U2...

I'm surprised these guys haven't moved to the UK yet, considering how much more successful they seem to be overseas than they are here. I'm looking forward to hearing this one. I didn't realize they were working on another album already.

can't wait for this. must be a tour coming up as well then. i've seen them 5 times before and look forward to seeing them for the 6th time now :D

Snap! i have seen them 5 times now and can't wait for the 6th 7th and 8th! they are awesome!

Funny and true story about the time I went and saw Kings of Leon live last year at the Riviera in Chicago. We pushed and shoved our way up into the first few rows directly in front of the stage. The "pit", as some may refer to it, was packed. It was in between the opening set (performed by some shit band) and the KOL set. There was hardly any room to move.

My friend...who is about 6 foot 5...got on his tip-toes and screamed for everyone to make room for him. The people obliged. He proceeded to sit down...Indian style...in the middle of a packed theater...no more than 5 feet from the stage. He took out 2 grams of weed and rolled it into a giant blunt. He lit this blunt and passed it to me and I decided to pass it around to everyone that was in our area in front of the stage.

Everyone at the Riviera got high. We then watched the Kings of Leon and it was fun.

Moral of the story: Kings of Leon are a cool band. I look forward to the new album!!!

British Press are just faling in love with KOL! the main daily newspaper here in UK today said that KOL were by far the best act at Glastonbury and are now with out doubt 'The world Hottest Rock Ticket'

They were out of this world on Friday night!

just listened to 2 of the new songs one is called 'Crawl' and sounds brilliant! along the lines of 'On Call' and another called 'Manhatten' which is along the lines of 'Arizona' from the last album

From their newsletter:

New Kings of Leon "Only By The Night" out September 23! Kings of Leon return with the release of their highly anticipated fourth album 'Only By The Night' on September 23 through RCA Records.

'Only By The Night' was recorded at Blackbird Studios in Nashville, Tennessee and was produced by Angelo Petraglia, Jacquire King, and Kings of Leon.

'Only By The Night' is a bold and expansive sonic statement that looks set to solidify Kings of Leon's position as one of the most important international acts of 2008 and beyond. It follows rapidly in the footsteps of the bands previous albums 'Youth And Young Manhood', 'Aha Shake Heartbreak' & 'Because Of The Times', which have quickly established them as one of the most prolific and acclaimed acts around.

I've enjoyed hearing how much their sound has changed with each album, so I'm hoping that's true of this one, too.

all of KOL's album titles are 5 syllables long.

my geeky fact of the day :nerd:

Yeah I noticed that too.

Youth and Young Manhood, Aha Shake Heartbreak, Because of the Times, Only by the Night.

I realized it when I read an interview with Caleb and he said something along the lines of "I'm just sittin around drinkin and tryin to think of another 5 syllable album title..."

After seeing these guys support Pearl Jam, I bought Aha Shake Heartbreak and love it. What should I go for next?

Edit: Never mind, I see it's a choice of either Youth and Young Manhood, or Because of the Times. Until September that is. :)

Go for Youth and Young Manhood. BOTT is a little different to the first two so it'll be a nice progression when you finally hear it.

Crawl sounds good.

Im looking forward to the new album as well, hopefully coming just weeks before new U2.

Because of the Times actually hooked me to KOL more than Aha Shake Heartbreak. I remember being underwhelmed seeing them open for U2, but have since grown to like their sound.

Yes, Crawl does sound awesome...as does that Someone Like You song and the song Manhattan (which we've only heard live).

I can't wait for this album.

But you don't hear much talk about these guys on this board and judging by the low amount of responses to this thread and to the other KOL new album thread that was started a few weeks back, I guess Interference doesn't care much for the Followill clan. Well I do. Bring on the tunes.

PS, Luna Lovegood...that is an awesome screen name and you are a Kings of Leon fan so you are my new best friend. Thanks.

The song 'Someone like You' Sounds real Epic its fantastic! i really can't wait for the album also going to see them twice in December!

I'll download Crawl when I'm back on my own computer later in the week. I'm looking forward to hearing it. There haven't been a lot of new albums I've really been into this year, but this is one I'm looking forward to.

2 songs I've heard so far sound fantastic. Hopefully KOL get the recongnition they deserve in the US.

Back
Top Bottom