KINGS OF LEON NEW ALBUM DETAILS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is gonna be No1 both sides of the atlantic at the same time! that takes some doing safe to say i think KIngs of Leon can now say they are right up the top as one of the biggest rock acts at the moment in the world!

Fair play though it is a fantastic album! they deserve it!

Whats the quote they have in the record industry:-

'You need to break America to make mega bucks but you need to break the UK to see whether your any good or not'

Well looks like they might have done both now!

No shit, I find it very flat and lacking in energy, the songs seem very samey in terms of tempo. I'm sure someone will do a detailed bpm analysis and show there is a greater than 12-sigma variation but that's just how it feels. The first 3 or 4 songs are pretty good, but it just never builds, it kinda peaks there and loses me afterwards.

BOTT is far superior imho.

BOTT is great album. I thought this new album was going to have that Black Thumbnail/ Camero feel based off Crawl & Sex On Fire.

After listening I'm pretty dissappointed in the album.

Tracks 1-3, good order/vibe

Tracks 4-8 it feels the song never changes. I understand change is important for bands, but this group of songs are some of KOL worst.

I do enjoy tracks 9 (favorite) and 11 (great song). 10 does nothing for me.

Fleet Foxes or Evil Urges (MMJ) are still up for my album of the year by a long shot.

this is gonna be No1 both sides of the atlantic at the same time! that takes some doing safe to say i think KIngs of Leon can now say they are right up the top as one of the biggest rock acts at the moment in the world!

Fair play though it is a fantastic album! they deserve it!

Whats the quote they have in the record industry:-

'You need to break America to make mega bucks but you need to break the UK to see whether your any good or not'

Well looks like they might have done both now!

Anything else good happen next Tuesday while you were visiting in your Tardis ?

I mean, that IS when the US charts come out.....

FWIW it's only #5 on the Amazon sales list and #3 on the tower sales list, so maybe #1 isn't as much a gimme as you think here in the US.

And as for the UK charts telling you if you're any good, don't even go there..........there's been some pretty embarrassing stuff there....

that quote was not my quote! it was someone high up in the music industrybut can't remember who off the top off my head but i remember reading it in the Q magazine.

But the UK chart is a much better gauge for rock/indie bands to know whether your any good or not

that quote was not my quote! it was someone high up in the music industrybut can't remember who off the top off my head but i remember reading it in the Q magazine.

But the UK chart is a much better gauge for rock/indie bands to know whether your any good or not

That assumes that Sales = Good. Definitely not the case.

As for the Q magazine quote, you DO realize those things go to print weeks ago and they have no insight whatsoever as to what ACTUAL sales figures are like this week, not unless they used their Tardises also.....

As I said, the fact that those aren't the best selling albums at those online retailers is not a good sign for the album going to #1. It could though, we'll know Tuesday.

The quote 'You need to break america for mega bucks but you need to break the UK to see whether your any good or not' is not just about album sales i think the person who quoted this means bands that can sell out 20,000 tickets in less than an hour and bands who headline the main UK festivals etc that what they mean about breaking the UK

They sold 220,000 in its first week of sales here in the UK!

I can't believe it! ATYCLB only sold 160,000 on its first week here in UK and HTDAAB sold 180,000

220,000 copies in its first week here in UK that puts them in the very top bracket for album sales! U2 sold 180,000 for HTDAAB Oasis sold 200,000 for their last album only coldplay have sold more recently in the first weeks sales! and all this for a non UK/Irish band!

220,000 copies in its first week here in UK that puts them in the very top bracket for album sales! U2 sold 180,000 for HTDAAB

Why are you telling us this again ?

You DO realize HTDAAB, which is almost as average as the new KOL, sold over 1.2M in the UK and over 3M in the US right ? This will be lucky to do one tenth of that here in the US, 70,000 in the first week isn't terribly promising.

Crashed in at #5 , got it's ass kicked by the Pussycat dolls, will fall out just quickly, so much for "simultaneous #1" hype !

Why are you telling us this again ?

You DO realize HTDAAB, which is almost as average as the new KOL, sold over 1.2M in the UK and over 3M in the US right ? This will be lucky to do one tenth of that here in the US, 70,000 in the first week isn't terribly promising.

Crashed in at #5 , got it's ass kicked by the Pussycat dolls, will fall out just quickly, so much for "simultaneous #1" hype !

This album will sell more than 1.2mill here in UK for sure but then again us brits have always had a better taste in music hav'nt we!

Nice to see andyuk still hasn't stopped fellating this tepid album.

Nice to see andyuk still hasn't stopped fellating this tepid album.

LOL!

First it was going to #1 in the US (missed by a country mile), now apparently it will sell as many as HTDAAB, but he doesn't care about sales, although he points out the UK sales numbers whenever possible. And cue.........

It's a real pity as I had much higher hopes for this album

It's not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination. I genuinely do like all of the songs, but I probably wouldn't have put so many slow to mid-tempo songs back to back to back to back to back to back . . . there's about 5 real "same-y" ones in a row . . . again, I like all 5 of those songs individually, they just needed to be broken up a bit with couple real rockers thrown in the mix.

A good album, but I do like Because Of The Times better. :shrug:

I just heard the opening moments of the opener Closer used as transition music on NPR's Morning Edition.

So, it may be a radio-friendly rock album, but it is a breath of fresh air for the radio, and the female fans of KOL will have to agree that this band are anything but 'tepid.'

I bought this last night and am in the middle of my first listen. It's very polished, which would be a compliment from me for most bands, but what I've always liked about KOL is that both their songs and their image is (was?) a little rough around the edges. While I haven't heard any songs I hate yet, I'd certainly say the album feels safe. It's been interesting to watch the band's evolution from their EP until this new album, but the fact that all four of their albums have been drastically different stylistically makes me think they're going to confuse their fanbase, or else lose older fans. Granted, it was three years ago, but I have to wonder how much all the booing (closed-minded) U2 fans got made them rethink their sound...

I also can't believe they're playing Madison Square Garden in January. I can't imagine there's nearly enough of a demand for them in the New York area to merit a space the size of MSG.

Back
Top Bottom