KINGS OF LEON NEW ALBUM DETAILS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination. I genuinely do like all of the songs, but I probably wouldn't have put so many slow to mid-tempo songs back to back to back to back to back to back . . . there's about 5 real "same-y" ones in a row . . . again, I like all 5 of those songs individually, they just needed to be broken up a bit with couple real rockers thrown in the mix.

A good album, but I do like Because Of The Times better. :shrug:

Thats pretty much how I feel too:up:

I bought this last night and am in the middle of my first listen. It's very polished, which would be a compliment from me for most bands, but what I've always liked about KOL is that both their songs and their image is (was?) a little rough around the edges. While I haven't heard any songs I hate yet, I'd certainly say the album feels safe. It's been interesting to watch the band's evolution from their EP until this new album, but the fact that all four of their albums have been drastically different stylistically makes me think they're going to confuse their fanbase, or else lose older fans. Granted, it was three years ago, but I have to wonder how much all the booing (closed-minded) U2 fans got made them rethink their sound...

I also can't believe they're playing Madison Square Garden in January. I can't imagine there's nearly enough of a demand for them in the New York area to merit a space the size of MSG.

They hold the record here in the UK of selling the O2 areana out (20,000) in record time! beating the likes of led zep, Madonna, Oasis and Prince!

They hold the record here in the UK of selling the O2 areana out (20,000) in record time! beating the likes of led zep, Madonna, Oasis and Prince!

Well, that's just a WEE bit disingenious given that Led Zep was by lottery only and that MILLIONS of people applied for tickets !

They're playing a 7,000 seater here in one of the largest metropolitan areas in the US (Southern California) and typically they are playing smaller places.

Dropped to #46, still haven't sold 100,000, maybe if it was a decent album......

both single and album are still in top 3 here in UK. Album has now sold over 500,000 in 3 weeks and sex on fire is now the second biggest selling single of the year covering all types of music!

both single and album are still in top 3 here in UK. Album has now sold over 500,000 in 3 weeks and sex on fire is now the second biggest selling single of the year covering all types of music!

It's great that they're so popular in such a small country

Just because an album or single sells well doesn't automatically mean it's good. I doubt I'm alone when I say I don't pay any attention to charts and haven't for quite awhile. I don't even pay that much attention to critics anymore. I know what sounds good to me, and the longer I listen to a band, the higher my expectations for their new albums becomes. KOL didn't live up to my expectations this time. Is it a bad album? No, but it's not nearly as good as it could've been based on what they've already shown they're capable of.

I still don't understand the logic of an album of mostly mid-tempo songs, especially when KOL has displayed such a wide range on each of their other albums. I listened to Because Of the Times for the first time in quite awhile the other night, and even though I don't like it as much as Aha Shake Heartbreak, I'm still really impressed by the different styles of songs on the album and think it's a better album than this one.

That promo picture of them that's been showing up in a lot of places lately, the one where they're all dressed in the same shade of gray? That's sort of how they sound to me these days--monochromoatic. If they want to become one of those polished, put-together arena bands whose albums are safe but still sell well, that's certainly their choice, but I think they'll lose a lot of their earlier fans.

Back
Top Bottom