KINGS OF LEON NEW ALBUM DETAILS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW! I thought that their last album was great, but this one is even better! It's EXTREMELY rare for me to listen to an album for the first time and like every song. The last time that happened for me was probably with Achtung Baby....Anyway, "Use Somebody" is one of the catchiest songs I've heard in years and I hope it turns out to be a single. I can't wait for the album to release officially so I can pick it up and lend KOL some support.

Also, if anyone has any Live versions of the new songs that they can share.........PLEASE!

asar1531@yahoo.com

Register with ones of there fansite New Page 1 there are lots of live tracks for sharing on there!

The album is just pure class i honestly don't think i have heard anything better in the last 4 or 5 years!

Not really. Nothing else on the album comes within spitting distance of "Closer." It's really the only interesting thing going on here. The drop off after the first three songs is staggering.

Chalk me up as disappointed. Aha will always be their best.

I dig the whole album. I've only listened a few times now, but it reminds me a lot (in spirit) of Boxer.

Closer - a big grower it has something which is special!
Crawl - Fantastic song sounds even better live
Sex On Fire - No1 single here in the UK say no more!
Use Somebody - Kings sounding more like U2 than ever before a big hit single!
Manhattan - Beautiful melody
Revery - The biggest grower on the album for me was not sure at the start love it now!
17 - Still not sure about this track
Notion - a little catchy number i like it alot
I want You - a bluesy number which is classy!
Be Somebody - Fantastic verse drumming with a big chorus
Cold Desert - Simply Awesome, Bloody Brilliant what a song!!!!!!!

will go to No1 here in UK for sure they might even sell close to what U2 sell in the first week sales for a new album

Is it just me or is the new album a bit of a letdown ? Lacking in energy, overproduced, just one mid-tempo song after another.....

I really like the album and I wouldn't call it a letdown but it is definitely my least favorite of the four KOL albums thus far.

I really like the album and I wouldn't call it a letdown but it is definitely my least favorite of the four KOL albums thus far.

Actually, I think it's probably better overall than Youth and Young Manhood purely because of their maturation and improvement as a band but it just isn't up there with Aha Shake and Because of the Times.

Its there best album by a mile!

I see that its No1 in the USA itunes chart do you think they will be a No1 album in the USA this time?

I think it's there best album. For the maturity factor mentioned by GirlsAloudFan. It's got the energy of Because Of The Times, but this time it's more focused.

THEIR!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon people, if you think the album is the best thing they have done it is THEIR best album, not THERE

The hyperbole for this mediocre record is astounding.

No shit, I find it very flat and lacking in energy, the songs seem very samey in terms of tempo. I'm sure someone will do a detailed bpm analysis and show there is a greater than 12-sigma variation but that's just how it feels. The first 3 or 4 songs are pretty good, but it just never builds, it kinda peaks there and loses me afterwards.

BOTT is far superior imho.

just me but i think we are gonna look back at this album in 5 years time and say it was a classic!

I must say though after 1 listen i said blimey thats chilled out for kings of leon but once i had played it 5 or 6 times i was like this is the best album i have heard in years!

I find it very flat and lacking in energy, the songs seem very samey in terms of tempo. I'm sure someone will do a detailed bpm analysis and show there is a greater than 12-sigma variation but that's just how it feels. The first 3 or 4 songs are pretty good, but it just never builds, it kinda peaks there and loses me afterwards.

BOTT is far superior imho.

:up:

I've only listened to it a couple of time through, but I have to agree here with toscano. Because of the Times was *much* better. I'm kind of bummed; I was hoping this one would live up to the hype.

:meh:

Because of the Times and Aha Shake...they piss on this new album.

It's a shame, really. The songs just aren't there.

Back
Top Bottom