Kings of Leon Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
Just got back from watching Kings of Leon at the O2 arena in London and WOW!

Firstly i was extremely impressed with the venue its massive! 22,000 sell out last night so it was packed to the rafters.

The Kings were simply awesome they really did put on a fantastic show. They played 25 songs and were on stage for 1hr 50 mins which i think is a fantastic effort. The whole stadium was right into it! the brand new songs or the older ones it did not matter the crowd where just going for it!

I really think this band are getting bigger and bigger all the time and going on last night they are only gonna get bigger!

SETLIST
Closer
Crawl
My Party
Razz
Taper Jean Girl
King of the Rodeo
Mollys Chambers
Fans
Revery
Joes Head
Milk
4 Kicks
Wasted Time
Pistol of Fire
Sex on Fire
The Bucket
Notion
Use Somebody
On Call
Cold Desert
Slow Night, So Long

Knocked Up
Manhattan
Charmer
Black Thumbnail

they have the record of selling the O2 arena out in record time here in the UK something like 4 mins

They're playing MSG, I think in January. I never even considered the possibility that they'd rise to this level of popularity. I probably would've made more of an effort to catch them on their last tour if I'd known I would' have the chance to see them in a small or mid-sized place again.

Yeah they have sold out Maddison Square Gardens 22,000 in January 2009

If the band can stay sober enough/out of trouble/together, Kings of Leon will be the size of U2 some day.

Am I the only one who's mildly horrified that KOL have become an arena act? :uhoh:

I am shocked how I really love thier entire new album. Every time I've tried to listen to thier old stuff I get horrible flashbacks of being trapped in the elipse listening to them :crack: I just do not like thier old stuff at all.

I also was interested in going to see them locally here in Columbus but was cavalier about getting tickets. Until I heard they were sold out a few days after going on sale :shock:

I really can't stand Kings of Leon, I can't believe their new album is set to outsell Coldplay's in the UK, the singles sound so bad...

Yep Kings of Leon album will now outsell Coldplay by the end of 2008! it really is a fantastic achievement. I am so excited by them and if anyone has caught them live on their current tour you will know why! they are just increadiable they play for nearly 2 hrs every show which includes set list over 26+ songs! compare that to Oasis 16-18 songs per set and there is no comparision.

These guys will def be the main challengers to U2's crown as the biggest act in the world over the next 5 years or so.

They're album's probably going to outsell U2's new one in the UK I'd say...they're probably the biggest band in the UK these days

They're album's probably going to outsell U2's new one in the UK I'd say...they're probably the biggest band in the UK these days

Unless U2 produce a masterpiece i think U2 have no chance of even getting close to outselling this Kings of Leon album in the UK.

Unless U2 produce a masterpiece i think U2 have no chance of even getting close to outselling this Kings of Leon album in the UK.

The Bomb sold 1.2 million and Kings of Leon have sold a million so far; if the album has some good singles it might match it.

The Bomb sold 1.2 million and Kings of Leon have sold a million so far; if the album has some good singles it might match it.

Thats 1 million sold in 3 months though! Bomb sold 1.2 since 2004. Kings of Leon still have 2 more singles to be released from album and another UK tour in June i predict Kings of Leon to sell nearer 1.5m in the UK so for U2 to beat this they will have to out sell there last 2 releases which i feel would be unlikely unless they have some massive radio friendly tunes!

Kings of Leon are absolutely HUGE in Australia at the moment; they have the biggest selling album of the year unless Pink catches up to them and you hear them on just about every radio station. Whether this "It Band of the Year" thing will translate into a long-term success and Telstra Dome shows a few years down the track is anybody's guess.

Personally I'd like them more if their singer didn't sound like he's got ten layers of rust coating his throat.

It's bizarre to me that I'm feeling a really strong sense of nostalgia for a band that's been around less than 10 years. The new album isn't bad, but there's nothing really remarkable about it. It has a very generic, mass-produced sound to me, and I think it pales in comparison to all of their previous work. KOL suffered because of opening for U2--certainly not financially, since they've got a huge fan base now and are selling plenty of albums, but I'd argue they've suffered creatively. I keep listening to it, hoping it will be a grower, but it hasn't been. If nothing else, it's made me realize what a good album Because Of the Times was, though.

I just saw them live at the O2 here in London and honestly they were sensational reminded me of U2 in the late eighties. I am a massive live music fan and U2 are simply the best live but these guys are brilliant too and i can only see them going from strength to strength. Their next tour is now bound to be the big stadiums (but i prefer the smaller venues)

I saw them live on this tour. I thought they were good, maybe even really good, but nowhere near great. :no: And I can name 5 bands off the top of my head that I've seen in the past couple years that were much, MUCH better live than Kings of Leon, starting with Bloc Party.

U2 are great.

Kings of Leon are good.

Bono was at the side of the stage for the kings of leon gig at the O2 in Dublin on Friday night. Reports says that he was really into it and singing along to every song!

He must have great taste in music!

Bono Watches Kings of Leon at the O2

Bono was at the side of the stage for the kings of leon gig at the O2 in Dublin on Friday night. Reports says that he was really into it and singing along to every song!

He must have great taste in music!

There's already a KOL thread (started by you, amazingly enough :ohmy: ) on the first page of this forum. Why start a new thread for this?

Back
Top Bottom