Kings of Leon Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They hit the 1 million sales mark of Only by the Night here in UK in just over 3 months which is 14 weeks sooner than Coldplay's Viva La Vida hit the 1 Million mark

KOL are a decent band

In terms of sales KOL and COldplay are biggest in UK both doing over a million

However i doubt either could shift 1 million tickets in the UK like Oasis
they did 180k for their arena tour in OCt/nov
and they have done over 800k for summer 09

U2 could shift a million tickets easy as well

KOL are a decent band

In terms of sales KOL and COldplay are biggest in UK both doing over a million

However i doubt either could shift 1 million tickets in the UK like Oasis
they did 180k for their arena tour in OCt/nov
and they have done over 800k for summer 09

U2 could shift a million tickets easy as well

Agreed Oasis are a big live draw but i think KOL arrn't that far away they just sold 380,000 on their UK tour where all venues were sold out within 30 mins of going on sale so i reckon this number could of easily been doubled.

Still behind Oasis in the Live pull but i reckon next KOL album they could over take Oasis in this department as well as sales.

As you are aware i am a big KOL fan but i am also a big LIVE music fan and i watched Oasis twice on their current tour and KOL twice and i have to say KOL were much better! I find Oasis lazy when they play live not much passion about it and Liam comes across as he don't really want to be there. They also only play about 16-18 tracks (1hr 15 to 1Hr 30) compared to KOL 25-28
tracks (1hr 50 to 2hrs)

But compared to U2 yes KOL will sell more albums if they got released on the same day but will never have the same pull for live shows

I've heard about one song by Kings of Leon ever, and it wasn't good enough to make me look for more.

I'm convinced Andy is their manager or something.

I was lukcy to see Oasis early on in the tour where Liam's voice was 100% - i cant believe they dropped Live Forever - just shows how good their tunes are!

I hope to see KOL next summer sometime - maybe abroad as in UK its impossible

I've heard about one song by Kings of Leon ever, and it wasn't good enough to make me look for more.

I'm convinced Andy is their manager or something.

Everything I've heard from their new album has bored the shit out of me. Otherwise, they're a decent enough band. Because Of The Times was good, but I knew it would be the beginning of the end if they decided to go dull and atmospheric with future albums. The new one just sounds like a product, and lacks what made them worth listening to in the first place.

suppose you can't really win either way.

They go mainstream with the new album with big radio songs and then people say they prefer the old raw style then if they stayed raw and different so to speak people would say i they should try to get more mainstream and drop the unusual and raw sound.

Suppose it gonna be the same with the new U2 release some people on here will love it if its a new different sound but then some people will hammer them cus theres no big radio hits etc. Then again if they do another album with is similar to the last 2 they will get hammered for sounding the same!

Suppose thats the indusrty! can't please everyone

Back
Top Bottom