Kings of Leon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Ok, I just saw them at the Forum (8/22 gig) and it was fucking spectacular...spine tingling. Excluding Bono, Caleb (the lead singer) is the most passionate singer in rock today...his voice is ridiculous...raw, powerful...one of the most unique voices I've ever heard. And just like U2, KOL is a much different experience live. Seriously...Cold Desert, Closer, Use Somebody, Manhattan, Be Somebody...the list goes on and on. They played 22 songs and almost every performance was amazing...

I'm just curious what everyone's thoughts are on KOL...because I think they're one of the greatest live acts in the world today.

Listen to Cold Desert live...one of the most epic things ever.

Really? The search function is your friend, Rob. This is the one millionth Kings of Leon thread to be made in this subforum over the last year and a half.

Anyway, I used to like this band, but they have devolved into a terrible, soulless shell of shit and they have now lost every shred of their dignity and credibility.

Fucking amazing band...don't care what the haters say. (GIRLSALOUDFAN LOL)

While Caleb may not have the best stage presence, he's got an amazing voice...just listen to "Cold Desert" and "Trunk".

YouTube - Cold Desert - Kings of Leon - Only By the Night

I never ever cried when I was feeling down
I've always been scared of the sound
Jesus don't love me, no one ever carried my load
I'm too young to feel this old

I've loved these guys since the 7th grade, and they never fail to dissapoint. I saw them two years ago will catch them again in September, I'm really looking foward to it.

Chris Martin > Kings Of Leon

2ed5jqu.gif

Really? The search function is your friend, Rob. This is the one millionth Kings of Leon thread to be made in this subforum over the last year and a half.

Agreed.

I definitely fall into the "hater" category with these guys, so I will say no more.

KOL ON COCO O'BRIEN TONIGHT!

I'M USING CAPS TO EXPRESS HOW EXCITED I AM!

conan_obrien.jpg

Anyway, I used to like this band, but they have devolved into a terrible, soulless shell of shit and they have now lost every shred of their dignity and credibility.

haha. I used the search function, and I searched back about 6 or 7 pages, couldn't find a single topic on Kings...oh well :shrug:

Anyway, I can't stand it when people say shit like KOL sold out...it all stems from the fucked up "big is bad" philosophy....that whole mindset makes me sick. And how the fuck can you say they're soulless? That couldn't be further from the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the band, saying their singer is the next best thing since sliced bono just isn't right in my books.

Ok...who do you put over him right now? Yes..I'm saying he really is THAT good...his voice just fucking destroys everything...if you haven't heard Cold Desert or Closer live, then you have no perspective on this...fuck stage presence! This guy is incredible.

And Caleb shits on Chris Martin....Caleb is in another universe...Chris Martin isn't even a good rock singer...he's fucking Chris Martin.

^You're so right Rob33....you really have to heard them live to really understand just how powerful Caleb's voice is.

It blew me away, and I just don't throw that term around.

I saw KOL headline at the Greek a few years ago and it was the best concert I saw that year. BRMC club opened and sucked big time.

That said, I don't want to buy the new album because every single thing I've heard from it has been shit. The first two were masterpieces, the third was ok, and now this. :tsk: When they get back to making music that doesn't suck, I'll be there.

Oh, and Chris Martin is shit. Not the shit, just shit.

Anyway, I can't stand it when people say shit like KOL sold out...it all stems from the fucked up "big is bad" philosophy....that whole mindset makes me sick. And how the fuck can you say they're soulless? That couldn't be further from the truth.

Like Brian Eno said... (Talking about U2) "There's a tendency for people who are in the business of art - critics, writers, people who consider themselves insiders - to distrust anything that is easy to like. There's an assumption underlying this that people are quite stupid, and if a lot of them like something then it too must be quite stupid".

I want to catch KOL's concert in October, but sadly I don't think I'll be here by that time.

I don't get this. :hmm:

Ok...who do you put over him right now? Yes..I'm saying he really is THAT good...his voice just fucking destroys everything...if you haven't heard Cold Desert or Closer live, then you have no perspective on this...fuck stage presence! This guy is incredible.

And Caleb shits on Chris Martin....Caleb is in another universe...Chris Martin isn't even a good rock singer...he's fucking Chris Martin.

Caleb obviously has some bow problems then.

His voice destorys my ears too, so you're right there. Who is better than him? To name a few; Bono, Brandon Flowers, Billie Joe can carry a tune live, thats for shizzle.

Again, he's good....but he's not the best.

Saw them open 5 times for U2. They have some good music, but their live performances didn't make much of an impact on me. Of course, that was 4 years ago.

My first experience was them opening up for U2... and the poor guys either never had a chance to sound check or their crew sucked because their sound was just mud.

Never gave them a chance until recently and was blown away, I think they have a great sound and given a proper gig are damn good live...

Sometimes I enjoy his voice, sometimes I wish I could have an entire album with the vocals stripped away (Because of the Times instrumental would be some fucking awesome dirty rock music).

I'm kind of peeved the only decently priced seats left to their show in Massachusetts next month were 'obstructed view', and they weren't even using the general admission lawn... waste, that's what summer concerts are all about for me.

Caleb obviously has some bow problems then.

His voice destorys my ears too, so you're right there. Who is better than him? To name a few; Bono, Brandon Flowers, Billie Joe can carry a tune live, thats for shizzle.

Again, he's good....but he's not the best.

Like I said...this is excluding Bono and excluding U2...and the only name that comes to mind in this discussion is Brandon Flowers...but still, after seeing KOL, I think Caleb has a more powerful voice than Mr. Flowers :shrug:

i can't even say "i like their older stuff" for this band. use somebody is quite seriously the song i hate more than any other i've ever heard. sex on fire was good once or twice, as was revelry.

woeful.

and as for his voice, well that's just shit too. he sounds drunk on revelry. i tried to rock up late enough to sound relief so i would deliberately miss kol, but i got there just in time.

Like I said...this is excluding Bono and excluding U2...and the only name that comes to mind in this discussion is Brandon Flowers...but still, after seeing KOL, I think Caleb has a more powerful voice than Mr. Flowers :shrug:

Differing opinions is all, nither of us is wrong or wight.

I'd add jack White to my list as well.

Danny, did you ever listen to this album?
TheTemperTrap-Conditions-400x400.jpg

they're from melbourne, it's pretty good!

it comes out in the states soon, i wonder if this lot will enjoy it.

use somebody is quite seriously the song i hate more than any other i've ever heard. .

Piece of shit song, ghastly.

Temper Trap are good, listened to Conditions once, heard Sweet Disposition a few times, quality stuff.....

Piece of shit song, ghastly.

Temper Trap are good, listened to Conditions once, heard Sweet Disposition a few times, quality stuff.....

I hate it more than most songs. It was being played on radio while I was at work at least six times a day.

It's a pretty good album, the second half is much better than the first. Fader :heart:

Back
Top Bottom