King Crimson Appreciation Thread - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Old 12-17-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
The Fly
Local Time: 04:38 AM
King Crimson Appreciation Thread

Ok so this outfit is an INSTITUTION. Robert Fripp may be wacko and I have no doubt he's probably a little twit to get along with, but ya gotta hand it to him. He's kept the vision alive since 1969 and they'll be coming back with another album within the next 2 years probably.

I just picked up "Red" from 1975. WOW. It is heavy. Q Mag voted it one of the 50 Heaviest Albums of all time and it's become infamous as one of Curt Cobain's favorite albums and very influential on him. It took a few listens, but I see why. "One More Red Nigthmare" screams Nirvana rhytmically. And you can hear alot of Cobain's angst on "Fallen Angel". Not that I care much about Nirvana. Like Mickey Rourke says in "The Wrestler", "then Curt Cobain had to come along and ruin everything".

And since 1980, to have Adrian Belew join and have 2 of the GREATEST GUITARISTS IN THE WORLD in the SAME BAND, now thats just great.

LastEdgeOnEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
A childless dog
Local Time: 02:38 AM
In The Court Of The Crimson Kind and Red are classics. Haven't heard much else, but what I have seems aimless and wanky. I'll stick with those two for the time being.

LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 04:38 AM
What would happen if they teamed up with SCOTT WALKER and RUSH to write a song about DEVIN HESTER?

I don't even want to know.
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
Vocal parasite
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
What would happen if they teamed up with SCOTT WALKER and RUSH to write a song about DEVIN HESTER?

I don't even want to know.
I heard that they're going to use the instruments of Harry Partch for this song.
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote