Kid Rock's "All Summer Long"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Sad Punk

Blue Crack Addict
A discussion of this is necessary.

YouTube - Kid Rock "All Summer Long" Music Video

KID ROCK - ALL SUMMER LONG LYRICS

I'm going to prove to you that this is the most ridiculous song ever written.

1. Despite musical similarities, Werewolves of London and Sweet Home Alabama are about as far apart as two songs can get.
2. The rhyming of "man" and "Michigan". If that was even an attempt at a rhyme, I can't tell.
3. Michigan is not Alabama.
4. Our hero will never forget "the way the moonlight shined (sic) upon her hair" despite the fact they didn't have the internet.
5. Back to that: "shined"? It's not like "shone" wouldn't have worked there.
6. Kid longs to see this girl again, nearly twenty years later - however, judging by her whiskey-slugging antics, it would be wise to assume she hasn't quite preserved herself.
7. It's credited as being written by about five poeple, not including Warren Zevon, the members of Lynyrd Skynyrd or even Kid Rock.
8. It's a song about singing another song. CASE CLOSED

oh come on, dont talk rubbish!

this song is really catchy, very summery, and Kid Rock (thou Im not into him) looks very hot in this vid.

It’s doing very well in our charts.

and it makes me want to move to America, somewhere with a beach and a small house that has a porch with rocking chairs on it, sort of in the middle of nowhere where it is peaceful!

I rate it 8 outta 10. :up: and don’t even think of kickin my butt, you won’t change my opinion! ;)

It's not completely without any redeeming qualities (surprising for a Kid Rock song). It's catchy, when you're drunk it's a good song to have on in the background, and it makes the girls get up and dance.

Of course, you could just put on Werewolves of London and Sweet Home Alabama back to back and get the same effect for more than twice the time. :up:

Considering the most overplayed song on the radio last summer was Umbrella, and the year before that was Gnarls Barkley, this ain't so bad.

Considering the most overplayed song on the radio last summer was Umbrella, and the year before that was Gnarls Barkley, this ain't so bad.

The song fits very well into this awful tradition of "summer hits" that we seem to need every year in order to make it through the summer. These are the feel good songs that you still "get" even after drinking for 72 hours straight.

Crazy and Umbrella are both miles ahead of this song.

Way to cover Sweet Home Alabama and pass it off as your own, douchebag.

My thoughts exactly, and I haven't even listened to this song yet. At least the other two were good in and of themselves (and Crazy is a FANTASTIC song, one of the best radio singles of the last number of years in my opinion), the description alone of this one makes me want to hit myself in the face with a baseball bat.

Also, how does Kid Rock still have a career?

Well, the Kid of Rock knows all about the bayous of Louisiana after growing up in Michigan? Am I right?

I never said I disliked Crazy, and I agree that it's a whole hell of a lot better than this Kid Rock thing, but it was played completely to death in the summer of '06. By July I was ready to put icepicks into my eardrums when I heard that initial "thump thump thump thump".

I'm sure that very shortly I'll be ready to do the same whenever Kid Rock comes on.

Way to cover Sweet Home Alabama and pass it off as your own, douchebag.

:lol: exactly. This song would'nt be anywhere at all if it didn't sample Sweet Home Alabama and have girls with giant knockers in the video. :tsk:

I love this song. Reminds me of my youth to the tee. First time I heard the song Kid performed it on a late night show and I couldn't wait to d/l it on the internetz then bought the cd. This is the first time I saw the video. Sure it's sorta typical Kid Rock and he's not up there as one of my favorites, but it's aight. I wonder if that's his son in the vid. :hmm:

Sing it with me, now:

Ahhhhhh Ooooooh, get some real talent. Ahhhhhh Ooooooh, why is this popular?

I love this song. Reminds me of my youth to the tee. First time I heard the song Kid performed it on a late night show and I couldn't wait to d/l it on the internetz then bought the cd. This is the first time I saw the video. Sure it's sorta typical Kid Rock and he's not up there as one of my favorites, but it's aight. I wonder if that's his son in the vid. :hmm:

You spent your youth in a boat in North Michigan, drinking alcohol straight from the bottle with a 17 year old girl?

When I first heard it on the radio, I was thinking, who the hell is butchering Sweet Home Alabama?! :angry: It's catchy, but annoying as hell. One of those fucking songs that gets stuck in your head no matter what. :hate:

Back
Top Bottom