Kid Rock's "All Summer Long"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a rip-off of Sweet Home Alabama, and more or less admits it, AND it has some of the worst lyrics I've heard, ever.

That's after just one listen. I hope this doesn't spread.

This song came on the radio in the boat I rode on to go parasailing. It would have seemed odd if it weren't for the creepy boat driver who sang to every song, including Maroon 5.

A discussion of this is necessary.

YouTube - Kid Rock "All Summer Long" Music Video

KID ROCK - ALL SUMMER LONG LYRICS

I'm going to prove to you that this is the most ridiculous song ever written.

1. Despite musical similarities, Werewolves of London and Sweet Home Alabama are about as far apart as two songs can get.
2. The rhyming of "man" and "Michigan". If that was even an attempt at a rhyme, I can't tell.
3. Michigan is not Alabama.
4. Our hero will never forget "the way the moonlight shined (sic) upon her hair" despite the fact they didn't have the internet.
5. Back to that: "shined"? It's not like "shone" wouldn't have worked there.
6. Kid longs to see this girl again, nearly twenty years later - however, judging by her whiskey-slugging antics, it would be wise to assume she hasn't quite preserved herself.
7. It's credited as being written by about five poeple, not including Warren Zevon, the members of Lynyrd Skynyrd or even Kid Rock.
8. It's a song about singing another song. CASE CLOSED

brilliant

he rhymes "things" with...

wait for it...

..."things"! :doh:

along with that...why are they singing "Sweet Home Alabama" in 1989...a song that was a hit in 1974? random drunken sing along?

This is not OK...I never listen to the radio anymore so I avoid popular music, but riding in my friend's car back from the beach yesterday this came on, I wanted to hurt somebody. I felt like Sweet Home Alabama was violated and I don't even like that song...as for Werewolves of London, that's like pissing on Zevon's grave.

Bingo and so what? To each his/her own. I'm just sayin.

It's not a to each his/her own thing, though. This song just really fucking sucks. Usually I can dig opinions - but in this case there is only one opinion, and even you have it deep inside, Carek. Even you hate this song.

this song did make me realize that sweet home alabama and werewolves of london are the same song.

If there's a chance - any chance at all - of a Skynyrd coming out and beating Rock over the head with a guitar while he steals their song, then yes, I think you should go.

Back
Top Bottom