Kid Cudi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This an improvement on the last one. A lot less whiny, yet somehow moodier. It lacks a standout like Day N' Nite, but most every track has something to offer. Good album, though I wish The End was actually the closer.

I like the song, personally. But I've only heard it on radio once, which was a treat at the time.

It probably doesn't come as a surprise that Erase Me sounds nothing like the rest of this new one; definitely a single in the Make Her Say mold. That is, I dig both, but don't return to them all that regularly.

Also, he says his third album will be a rock album instead of hip-hop, with a backing band called Wizards. I'm not surprised since a lot of his songs have leaned towards alternative rock in the past, but I do quite like his alt. rock/alt. hip-hop blend, and the hip-hop genre needs more out-there creative people to be successful like him.

This album gets a firm :down: from me. I don't know when cudi's life got so shit, but I don't want to hear about it. A lot of boring, musically uninteresting, monotonous tracks and not one song that is as good as Embrace the Martian or his other hits.

The End is the best song, with Erase Me and Mr Rager the other two I enjoyed.

Gotta say I can't relate to him now that the 'lifestyle' has unfortunately taken its toll on him, but I wouldn't call the music uninteresting. "Scott Mescudi vs. The World", "Mojo So Dope", "Ashin Kusher", "Maniac", "Erase Me", "Mr. Rager", & "REVOFEV"" among others are killer tracks.

I'm wondering if he'll complete the trilogy despite his reports about not wanting to rap anymore, or if he'll move right on to his rock band 'Wizards'.

Back
Top Bottom