Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d city - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:38 PM
I'm only on track 2,but damm, what a discrepancy between how amazing the beats are and
How shit the lyrics.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Was mlks dream to have a Dick so large he could fuck the whole world for 72 hours?

And what an odd request. Does he only want a Dick that large for 72 hours, or does he want to have a Dick large enough to give him the ability to fuck the whole world for 72 hour periods of time? Why only 72 hours?

Old 10-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #18
45:33

Local Time: 08:38 AM
The lyrics sounded great to me for the most part. Every hip-hop album has a boastful track with lyrics like that. Take Big Boi - "I'm shittin' on niggas and peein' on the seat / it's the nigga the B-I-G B-O-I O-U-T"

The only problem I have with that lyric is that it reminds me of "I bet I could fuck the world and make it cum hard" from Lil Wayne's Gonorrhea
Old 10-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

The lyrics are always going to be the reason I will never love rap.period.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Was mlks dream to have a Dick so large he could fuck the whole world for 72 hours?
Well, that's quite nauseatingly bad.

None of the tracks in the op did anything for me at all, but I'm guessing it's a grower. Gonna check it out today.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212

And what an odd request. Does he only want a Dick that large for 72 hours, or does he want to have a Dick large enough to give him the ability to fuck the whole world for 72 hour periods of time? Why only 72 hours?
Hahahaha. Wtf. I'm never going to listen to this, but I shall continue to read this thread for further hilariousness.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #22
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Hahahaha. Wtf. I'm never going to listen to this, but I shall continue to read this thread for further hilariousness.
It's worth emphasising that the penis size he desires is that of the Eiffel Tower.

Frankly, I'm not sure the world would really notice being fucked by that. Now, a dick the size of Everest? I'll pay that. But the Eiffel Tower fucking the world sounds to me like a breadcrumb trying to make sweet love to my knee.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:16 AM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

I got pretty bored by the album about halfway through,but I still applaud the sick beats. On to Calvin Harris.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #24
The Male

It's a good album, guys.

Although I am relieved that someone besides me considers it less than a 5/5, A+ masterpiece.

Backseat Freestyle is one of my favorites because the beat is sick and the lyrics are hilarious. Not a good example of what the album sounds like though.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #25
Refugee

Local Time: 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
True man. Good to see you around.

I like this album, and I suspect it will grow on me with every listen and slowly become love, but man, it's pretty inaccessible. Especially when compared with Section.80. The great moments from that record that you could cherry pick aren't to be found here, Compton and Backseat Freestyle aside.
Disagree. 'Great' moments are pretty obvious:
Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
Backstreet Freestyle
Money Trees
Poetic Justice
Swimming Pools (Drank)
Compton

And then The Recipe...

Re: the 72 hours line. That sort of chest-beating just isn't Kendrick, or this album. In context, that song is - according to P4K, which is spot on here - "the moment in the narrative when young Kendrick's character first begins rapping, egged on by a friend who plugs in a beat CD. Framed this way, his "damn, I got bitches" chant gets turned inside out: This isn't an alpha male's boast. It's a pipsqueak's first pass at a chest-puff."
Old 10-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #26
45:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V

Disagree. 'Great' moments are pretty obvious:
Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
Backstreet Freestyle
Money Trees
Poetic Justice
Swimming Pools (Drank)
Compton

And then The Recipe...

Re: the 72 hours line. That sort of chest-beating just isn't Kendrick, or this album. In context, that song is - according to P4K, which is spot on here - "the moment in the narrative when young Kendrick's character first begins rapping, egged on by a friend who plugs in a beat CD. Framed this way, his "damn, I got bitches" chant gets turned inside out: This isn't an alpha male's boast. It's a pipsqueak's first pass at a chest-puff."
All great songs, but there was nothing I immediately loved like Fuck Your Ethnicity, Ronald Reagan Era, Rigamortis, etc.

And to all that. Seems a bit weird to pick out that lyric when there's heaps of other great lyrics and nearly every other hip-hop has a lyric similar.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:38 PM
I'm just as willing to make fun of stuff like that in any other hip hop, though. It's a big part of why I hate the vast majority of the stuff I've heard. With shitty rock lyrics, I'm much more forgiving when they're accompanied by guitars. I have no idea who this guy is, what any of it sounds like, and dint intend to find out. I only popped in cos one of the funnier posts came up on the app and I was curious.

What does bmn'd mean anyway?
Old 10-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

The album received the best new music tag from pitchfork: b.n.m.

I was amused by the assertion that king shared the giant Dick dream with Kendrick.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:38 PM
Rap Genius had a dream:

Quote:
Also, the Eiffel Tower is 324.00 m (1,063 ft) tall, and the Earth is 7,926.41 miles (12,756.32 kilometers) in diameter, so his dick would be 0.025% of the 'length' of the world.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
The Male

Absolutely cannot get enough of Backseat Freestyle and especially Swimming Pools, which I've had on constant loop for the past day or so. It's hedonistic and mainstream, but a bit surreal too.

There are some ridiculous, trashy lyrics on this record, but to say they're far behind the beats is way off the mark IMO. Sit down and read the lyrics while you listen; it's like an autobiographical novel, but pulpy. Section.80 was a manifesto for Kendrick's entire belief system, and Good Kid is a history of where Kendrick came from, how much of a fuckup he was, and yeah, that's not a pretty subject. The narrative arc the album has is amazing, with some great emotional peaks (Real) and troughs (The Art of Peer Pressure) along the way. Dying of Thirst is a fairly upsetting climax too, a sad and terrifying outpouring of phobias and Catholic guilt.

I still don't know what he's doing with that alien voice though.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote