Keane... Back in the Studio...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hyper:

You have NO idea how happy I am to read all that! A couple of my friends were at the DC show too and they said all the same things as you - about the show and meeting the guys afterwards! They really are so down to earth (or so I've heard, I've never met them...yet) and like to meet their fans. I can't wait to see your pictures!

This really didn't help my madness. Ten days until I see them!! :hyper:

you are going to see them again! awesomeness!

They really do like to talk with the fans. It's amazing. I didn't feel nervous around them either. I even joked a bit with Tom when he came over. Now if I only can be this way around Bono and Co. hahaha.. ya rite..

you are going to see them again! awesomeness!

YES! I'm expecting a special show. The Shepherd's Bush Empire seems to be an amazing place and it'll be great to see them in such a small venue after the huge O2 Arena.

They really do like to talk with the fans. It's amazing. I didn't feel nervous around them either. I even joked a bit with Tom when he came over. Now if I only can be this way around Bono and Co. hahaha.. ya rite..

Yes they seem to be laid back and really take their time with the fans. I've heard such funny stories about the meet & greets! I haven't met Keane but I have met Bono & co and I can tell that they too are very approachable and relaxed (even though they have a couple more bodyguards around, lol!). Fingers crossed you get to meet U2 as well! :pray:

YES! I'm expecting a special show. The Shepherd's Bush Empire seems to be an amazing place and it'll be great to see them in such a small venue after the huge O2 Arena.

Yes they seem to be laid back and really take their time with the fans. I've heard such funny stories about the meet & greets! I haven't met Keane but I have met Bono & co and I can tell that they too are very approachable and relaxed (even though they have a couple more bodyguards around, lol!). Fingers crossed you get to meet U2 as well! :pray:

Yeah, I have met Bono and Edge and they are down to earth and approachable but yeah a tad more security. But it's not as relaxed with them. The atmosphere is quite chaotic at times.

Where are the pix, Amy?

HAHAHHA!

I'm still recovering. Youtube has a lot of video from the DC show and check out keane's website for pix from their experience in DC.

:madwife: PFFT.. I am still recovering over here too.. Give me time woman.. I'll get them uploaded to photobucket and then here.. I have a lot of really good pics in there.

here ya go... a bunch of pix!

just the best of the bunch..:D (no particular order since I uploaded 86 pictures)

My Autographs on a acquired setlist from the crew (wasn't easy cuz the venue staff was trying to get us to leave)
IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

omg your pics are so much better then mine and I went to the Boston show tonight and had front row! I was the end seats to the right (in the middle section though) which was a bit further from the action then i wanted to be, but oh well!

I'll upload my videos and pictures tomorrow. This band never ceases to make me love them again and again. :)

here ya go... a bunch of pix!

just the best of the bunch..:D (no particular order since I uploaded 86 pictures)

My Autographs on a acquired setlist from the crew (wasn't easy cuz the venue staff was trying to get us to leave)
IMG_1819.jpg

[/IMG]

Wow, wicked pics and a wicked set, seems so much longer than the Melbourne one, and you got Leaving So Soon, Bad Dream and Playing Along......so lucky.

OMG THOSE PICS :ohmy::drool::heart: Thank you so much for sharing!

Btw, I'm still not used to seeing Tom wearing All Stars :D

HAHA... I know.. usually in his black pointy boots. When he came out after he was in a dark navy blazer with a white shirt and I can't remember what shoes he was wearing..lol

A week ago I had the best gig experience of my entire life, hands down.

So yeah, I went to see Keane (and Ladyhawke and Tom Tom Club) at the Shepherd's Bush Empire as part of Island Records 50th anniversary. I have never experienced a gig so passionate and so loud in my entire life. The band were shaking their heads in disbelief and they couldn’t stop smiling. Even before they could end a song the crowd just ROARED and shouted “KEANO! KEANO! KEANO!”, completely drowning out the music. It was mind-blowing to say the least. London crowds are usually hard to please but this time was just a win from the beginning to the end. Everybody, even those die-hard fans who've been to dozens and dozens of Keane gigs said that this was a really magical night. It was a spiritual (almost religious) experience.

They played "My shadow" for the first time in the UK and it made me cry like a baby, and it was followed by "Under pressure" which almost made the venue explode. Here's my signed setlist:

P6010247.jpg

A couple of my pics from the gig (I was in the second row and it was so worth the 11 hours in the queue :drool:)

P5310136.jpg

P5310212.jpg

And as if the gig wasn't enough, I had the funniest, most memorable meet & greet with the band afterwards! The guys were in a hurry as they had a festival gig in The Netherlands on the next day but yet they found time for us (there must have been at least 50-60 people outside). I chatted a long time with Richard, gave a birthday present to Tim and nearly melted in front of him lol :love:

Tim and I :cute:
P5310236.jpg

But what happened with Jesse and Tom was absolutely HILARIOUS. I was having my pic taken with Jesse when Tom rushed in, ruffled Jesse’s hair, gave him a kiss on the cheek and said very loudly “Stop touching my bum, Jesse!” It was absolutely hilarious! So practically Tom gatecrashed my picture with Jesse and I still can’t quite believe that! Tom had turned down some fans when they’d asked for a pic with him (in a very nice way though, explaining they were in a hurry) and then he literally volunteered to be in the pic with me and Jesse :D I hadn’t even though of asking for a pic with him and yet I got several thanks to my friends who kept taking pics of this hilarious moment. Jesse, Tom, me and basically everyone there were laughing so much, and Jesse even managed to whisper to me “But he touched my bum!” These pics say it all:

Tom the Intruder on his way to spoil my moment with Jesse
4206_1085989625593_1101983345_30235.jpg

Stop touching my bum!

4206_1085989665594_1101983345_30235.jpg

I'm still laughing at all that silliness! :lol: After this I still had a nice, long chat with Jesse who's my absolute fave of the guys, even though he's not an official member. He's such a sweetheart really. I guess I don't have to say that I haven't stopped smiling since last Saturday and my love for Keane has definitely gone up to 11 :wink:

This is a totally random moment, but embarrassing, so I had to share..

I was driving to town today with my three girls, and I was listening to Keane on my iPod (with the ear buds). I was listening and signing out loud to one of my favorites, The Night Sky, and I pulled up behind another car at a stoplight.

My favorite part of the song came up and I was singing my heart out: "..I ask so little, oh what I would give...to stand at the bus stop, or browse in a book shop, to sleep and always be still..."

During this time, I noticed that the car in front of me had some decals on the back window, one of which said something about a sex wax. So yeah, I sang out unwittingly: "to stand at the bus stop, or browse in a SEX shop..." I stopped and thought (wtf did I just say??) My kids heard me and I was *mortified*!

So yeah.. :reject:
:back to lurking:

Back
Top Bottom