Keane... Back in the Studio...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in love with this album. I love Spiraling. I'm late to the Keane party---but now I wish I saw them open for U2 instead of Mr. Gwen Stefani.

Perfect Symmetry is one of the greatest albums ever released. But Keane haven't released a bad album yet.

:up: to Keane

Nice to see some (new) love for Keane here :) I'm really excited at the moment as I'm going to see them live twice this week, at the O2 arena in London. My first ever Keane gigs and I just know I'm going to love them. I'll return with a review and photos next week as soon as I'm back from the UK!

Nice to see some (new) love for Keane here :) I'm really excited at the moment as I'm going to see them live twice this week, at the O2 arena in London. My first ever Keane gigs and I just know I'm going to love them. I'll return with a review and photos next week as soon as I'm back from the UK!

That's great, hope you have fun. Do you know if They are planning a US leg---or did I miss it?

That's great, hope you have fun. Do you know if They are planning a US leg---or did I miss it?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have fun! They haven't announced the US tour dates yet, but I've heard they're coming over there in May.

oh wow ava it's finally here! u lucky girl.. don't forget to report back!:hyper:

Yeah it's finally here, I'm flying to London tomorrow and I just can't wait anymore :hyper: I promise a long report and (hopefully) a lot of pictures!

I'm back from the UK, happy and sad and touched and longing to go back. It was amazing -- no, it was the best thing ever, hands down.

I went to see the last two gigs of Keane's UK tour, both at the O2 Arena in London. I was there with a group of amazing fans from all over the world and we were crazy enough to queue about 9 hours both days, but it was worth it as we made it to the front row both Thursday and Friday ;)

Thursday's gig was the first time I ever saw Keane so they didn't need to do a lot to impress me but boy, were they amazing or what!! Poor Tom had a bit of a cold and he was struggling quite a lot with higher notes, but even when his voice isn't the best he's still one hell of a singer, definitely one of the best male vocalists of our time.

Personal highlights were basically all the new songs, Again and Again made our group dance like mad and Perfect Symmetry is such a masterpiece. And Spiralling, wow! I also loved the live version of Black Burning Heart, I've never been too crazy about the version on the album but it was so much better live, starting with a funky bassline. The best however was You Haven't Told Me Anything - the way they built up to it from Bruce Springsteen's The River (!!) was spine-tingling! Leaving so soon was probably my fave of the old songs, I was completely out of breath when it finished as I had been singing and dancing so hard to it!

I was really pleased after Thusday's gig and I could never even in my wildest dreams think that Friday would be from another world. Thursday was great but Friday was simply EPIC - everyone agreed on this and some hardcore fans who've been to dozens of Keane gigs over the years said that Friday's gig was probably the best Keane have ever done. The band were in a great mood, fooling around and rocking out as if their lives depended on it. Tom was all loved up during the gig, patting Tim's back all the time, singing to his face and trying to make him laugh (and succeeding in that :lol:). He also interacted a lot more with the crowd and I had my special moment during Bend and Break as Tom came to sing right in front of us. I had my hands in the air the whole time really, but as I saw him come closer I stretched my right arm as much as I could and pointed at Tom, singing back at him. And he followed my gesture, pointing back at me with his right arm stretched out, staring right into my eyes, then placing his hand on his heart and still keeping eye contact with me. It lasted for about 30 seconds and I thought my heart would stop because I was singing my heart out and Tom was so close and singing right back at me. When he moved on to the other side of the stage my friends went absolutely nuts shouting "OH MY GOD HE WAS SINGING TO YOU" and hugging me and this complete stranger standing behind me patted on my shoulder, giving me the thumbs up! I was shaking so much and had I been on my own I would have thought it was just my imagination but so many people saw it that I have to believe it. :D One of the Keane forum boardies stood a little to the right of us and took a picture of Tom during this moment which is pretty awesome.

I can honestly say that the Friday gig was the best one I have ever been to. It'll be hard, probably impossible to top that gig.

I took a lot of pictures, they're not that amazing but if you want you can see Thursday's pics here and Friday's here.

A lot of people think Keane are the definition of uncool and boring. I wish these people would go and see this band live at least once to see what an amazing group they are! They just blow your mind. I don't think any other musician is as into the music as Tim Rice-Oxley is during the gigs, he's just unbelievable on stage. The passion this band has is truly incredible. And I must say that Jesse Quin on bass (and all the thousand other instruments he plays on stage - the guy is such a talent!!) adds so much to the live experience. We stood in front of him both nights and he was just rocking his heart out, loving the attention he got and simply being his gorgeous self :love:

Ok, this wall-o-text needs to end now :wink:

from the keane newsletter..

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

US TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT IMMINENT...
Shh, it's a bit of a secret, but those of you in the US of A (and, indeed, Canada) will be pleased to hear that we'll be announcing a full North American tour before the end of this week, with a special pre-sale due to kick off at the beginning of next week. Keep it locked to keanemusic.com for all the info

FINALLY WE GET THE NEWS FOR A US TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applaud:

i am so going!! Can't wait to see them again!

Oh I'm so happy for you! :applaud: (ignore the slight jealousy though - cows will learn to fly before they come to Finland :() You must go see them, they've never been this great live!

Oh you can count on that! I will be there come hell or high water (silly american expression). I have seen them twice so far. Yes I agree they are amazing live!

So the dates have now been announced. Where will Keane see you? :D

the DC show on May 19th! Presale is monday ugh.. And this venue is seated so NO GA..DAMN IT.. It's gonna suck trying to get good seats close.. I am so used to being right up front. :sad:

for us US folks here's the info:
MAY, THE BAND BE WITH YOU

We're very pleased to announce some Keane shows in America and Canada. The band will be crossing the Atlantic in May to play the following gigs:

MAY
8 - Oakland, CA - The Fox Theater
9 - Los Angeles, CA - The Hollywood Palladium
12 - Salt Lake City, UT - Kingsbury Hall
13 - Denver, CO - The Ogden Theater
15 - Minneapolis, MN - Myth
16 - Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
19 - Washington, DC - Constitution Hall
20 - Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theater
21 - Boston, MA - Bank of America Pavilion
23 - Toronto, ON - The Sound Academy
24 - Cleveland, OH - Tower City Amphitheater
27 - New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall

Tickets will go on sale on Monday via a special km.com presale (in conjunction with one of the big US ticket sites). The presale kicks off at 10am ET / 7am PT on Monday 23rd Feburary. Head back to the website then for all the details...

"It's been such a long time since we toured North America and it's probably my favourite place to go on tour, so I'm very, very excited about it," Tim just told us. "I can't wait."

UPDATE: Sorry, we had to move the time of the presale back slightly - it's now 10am ET / 7am PT (and it won't change again!).

the DC show on May 19th! Presale is monday ugh.. And this venue is seated so NO GA..DAMN IT.. It's gonna suck trying to get good seats close.. I am so used to being right up front. :sad:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get good - no, excellent seats! :pray: A seated venue doesn't sound too good to me (I NEED to dance and jump up and down at gigs - and seats make that a bit difficult!) but it's better than no concert at all of course.

ok.. I GOT AWESOME 2ND ROW TIX FOR THE DC SHOW.. THANKS TO skjuls aka Julie my awesome friend. :hug: They are playing DAR Constitution Hall. Great venue.

I am so 'cited!:hyper::drool::love:

btw: if anyone needs tix to this show I have some awesome extras that we got just in case (we were trying for the best seats this morning). 2 seats together ORCH/row D (4th row from stage) dead center. And one seat ORCH/Row E (5th row from stage). PM me or email me at Liams_mom@yahoo.com.

ok.. I GOT AWESOME 2ND ROW TIX FOR THE DC SHOW.. THANKS TO skjuls aka Julie my awesome friend. :hug: They are playing DAR Constitution Hall. Great venue.

I am so 'cited!:hyper::drool::love:

:applaud::hyper::drool::love:

Wow, 2nd row! That's SO amazing! I'm sure you'll be blown away. I'm so excited for you!

I have severe post gig depression but I'm glad I have friends who are going to gigs - a friend in Mexico is going to see Keane tonight and she's promised to keep me updated by texting me, and another friend who's going to five shows in the US has promised to do the same. Things like this make me thank modern technology :D And yes, you can tell that my Keane madness has no limits these days :giggle:

Looking forward to this SO MUCH:

LIVE 3D WEBCAST ON APRIL 2ND

On 2nd April 2009 Keane will make history with the world’s first ever live webcast in 3D. The band will record the live session at London’s legendary Abbey Road Studios, the home of The Beatles' historic first ever satellite broadcast, and will feature live mixed graphics from world-renowned digital artists D-Fuse.

“We believe that the tradition of rock'n'roll is to always innovate, to bring new ideas and concepts into music. We are therefore incredibly excited about the prospect of being the first band to beam our music live in 3D over the internet. Over the last couple of years, our website has become a hive of artistic creativity for us and our fans. On April 2nd at 8pm (UK time), hundreds of thousands of those fans will be able don their 3D glasses and watch us play some songs from our new record, Perfect Symmetry. We will be broadcasting from Abbey Road, scene of the first ever live satellite broadcast - The Beatles ‘All You Need Is Love’ - and we hope that this will become a similarly powerful new way for music to connect people all over the world.” (Tom, Tim and Richard)

3D glasses are available from the brand new keanemusic.com shop with the 7-inch of the new single Better Than This on 16th March. (We're also hoping to show you how to make your own 3D glasses.)

The audio from the gig will also be simultaneously broadcast live on-air on newly launched national station Absolute Radio. The gig will also be available to watch on-demand via km.com afterwards.

Swear I posted in this thread an hour or so ago, must not have submitted properly.

Anyway, You Haven't Told Me Anything is the best track of the new album I reckon, and I heard it live in Melbourne last night. Quite brilliant. Probably the highlight of the night, though Bedshaped, Everybody's Changing and Crystall Ball were all highly anticipated by myself, and didn't fail to excite. Top band, a top gig, a top night. Dunno about Tom's Jacket though...

Anyone who hasn't seen 'em live is in for a treat when they do.

Swear I posted in this thread an hour or so ago, must not have submitted properly.

Anyway, You Haven't Told Me Anything is the best track of the new album I reckon, and I heard it live in Melbourne last night. Quite brilliant. Probably the highlight of the night, though Bedshaped, Everybody's Changing and Crystall Ball were all highly anticipated by myself, and didn't fail to excite. Top band, a top gig, a top night. Dunno about Tom's Jacket though...

Anyone who hasn't seen 'em live is in for a treat when they do.

Glad to hear that you had a good time! Have to agree with you on YHTMA, it rocks live. Did Tom wear that blue jacket? I really wish he'd ditch that one for good. :|

Can't wait for my next Keano gig in a month and a half.

Glad to hear that you had a good time! Have to agree with you on YHTMA, it rocks live. Did Tom wear that blue jacket? I really wish he'd ditch that one for good. :|

Lucky you :up:

Yep, the blue jacket, which is very 80s and looks in need of a good iron, quite tight as well, doesnt go with his slim black jeans......

my next keane gig is a month away now.. Can't wait!:hyper:

Saw the band last night at the Hollywood Palladium. What a fantastic show. if they're coming near you, go see them!

oh yeah, tom had the blue member's only jacket only on. ha ha ha ha.

Thoughts on UK band Keane?

I adore them!

i'm going to see them Thursday in Boston.

What do you guys think of them? Hopes and Fears was their best CD but I still love them to this day. :)

Hi, we have a Keane thread here :) Nice to see someone who appreciates this amazing band (my absolute #1 band!). I hope you'll have an amazing time at the gig, look forward to your review! Btw, are you on the keanemusic.com board?

I actually reckon Perfect Symmetry is their strongest album, a cracker, the only belmish being the auto-piotness of Black Burning Heart.

You're gonna love them live. My first gig was a month ago and they are top top stuff.

:drool: x infinity! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A SHOW! and i got some awesome pictures too. I was second row dead center (DAR Constitution Hall is a small venue so they were only 5 feet from us) in front of Tom! :heart: these guys. Got the setlist from the crew and went outside the venue and met all four of the guys, got autographs and pictures with ALL of them (even jesse and tom!). They are so down to earth even more so than Bono and Co. So humble and patient and really spent time to talk to all of us out there. :up::applaud:

I am at work so can't post till i get home from work.

running on 3 1/2 hrs sleep too.. :yawn:

:drool: x infinity! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A SHOW! and i got some awesome pictures too. I was second row dead center (DAR Constitution Hall is a small venue so they were only 5 feet from us) in front of Tom! :heart: these guys. Got the setlist from the crew and went outside the venue and met all four of the guys, got autographs and pictures with ALL of them (even jesse and tom!). They are so down to earth even more so than Bono and Co. So humble and patient and really spent time to talk to all of us out there. :up::applaud:

I am at work so can't post till i get home from work.

running on 3 1/2 hrs sleep too.. :yawn:

:hyper:

You have NO idea how happy I am to read all that! A couple of my friends were at the DC show too and they said all the same things as you - about the show and meeting the guys afterwards! They really are so down to earth (or so I've heard, I've never met them...yet) and like to meet their fans. I can't wait to see your pictures!

This really didn't help my madness. Ten days until I see them!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom