Keane... Back in the Studio...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to listen to this album again. I just need to listen to it with the bass-boost on so it takes the treble out of the singer's voice a bit.

I know what you're talking about. I'm still kinda struggling with Love is the end, but I can feel that it's slowly growing on me.

But the one song I'm totally addicted to is the Japanese-version-only My Shadow. One of the best - if not the best song Keane have ever written.

Will have to check that tune out.....

Playing Along would have been a perfect album closer I reckon.

You Won't See Me is just gorgeous...

Anyone have the Japanese "My Shadow"? I would love to hear it. oktobergirl@yahoo.com

I too hated the album upon first listen. I have given it some time and I am really really liking it now. I also have tickets for their mini show on Jimmy Kimmel Live on 12/3. Looking forward to hearing what these songs sound like in a live setting. The only one I don't like is Spiralling. My God, what were they thinking w that one?

Anyone have the Japanese "My Shadow"? I would love to hear it. oktobergirl@yahoo.com

I too hated the album upon first listen. I have given it some time and I am really really liking it now. I also have tickets for their mini show on Jimmy Kimmel Live on 12/3. Looking forward to hearing what these songs sound like in a live setting. The only one I don't like is Spiralling. My God, what were they thinking w that one?

I have My Shadow and I will send it to you asap (I'm pretty busy at the moment so I can't promise when I will be able to do that). I'm sure you'll love it, it's such a beautiful song really.

Perfect Symmetry needs time to grow on you. I'm totally in love with the album now, even though my first reaction was quite honestly "WTF?". And as much as I hated Spiralling at first, it is now one of my fave tracks :lol:

Wow, have a good time at the Jimmy Kimmel Live! I'm so glad I can see the show here in Finland too. I myself am literally counting down the days to see Keane in London next February.

Damn the wretched Black Burning Heart. It is poison.

This album is quality, an improvement on Under The Iron Sea, yet there's just this one track that is the most auto-pilot song I've ever head.

Remove Black Burning Heart, and the album is an EASY 4 stars.

This album is quality, an improvement on Under The Iron Sea

I don't know about that. Iron Sea has 6 killer songs and then a few good ones at the end.

Okay so I finally listened to Perfect Symmetry in it's entirety a couple of times. The Lovers Are Losing seems to be the best song here. What a beauty! Other favorites include You Haven't Told Me Anything and You Don't See Me. I don't like Spiralling. The keyboards in that song sound comical almost! But the other songs are growing on me. Yeah I think this might be a grower.

The Lovers Are Losing :love:

I've been waiting for your opinion on the album, Zoots! :wink: It is a grower for sure. My favourite song changes all the time, right now it's Love is the end which I didn't like at all when I first heard the album. I think it's a good sign that I keep finding new faves all the time.

From KEANE | Official site | News, Blogs, Videos, New Music, Merchandise and Tickets:

We're very pleased to announce the launch of a special new run of digital retrospective EPs, which will only be available via the keanemusic.com shop. The idea is that these EPs will bring together some of the rarest Keane tracks, giving the band's most loyal fans (ie you lot) the chance to own them.

We begin with an Everybody's Changing-themed collection of songs. For £3.95, you'll get the following tracks as high-quality MP3s (which means they'll play on any player, including iPods). None of these are available elsewhere - and the video chat has been made especially.

EVERYBODY'S CHANGING EP
1. Original demo
2. Demo from July 2002
3. Fierce Panda version
4. Live version from first Lamacq Live electric session on Radio 1
5. Demo of Fly To Me (Everybody's Changing B-side)
6. Demo of Into The Light (Unreleased Song)
7. Video chat of Tim interviewed by Tom about Everybody's Changing

Excellent stuff, I must say. :up:

Yay! Goodies from the vault! :up:

Btw, this new album has grown on me even more now... esp. Again and Again and also the last 4 songs.

Goodies indeed :yes: Fly to me is such an incredible song and it's great to get the demo version of it now. And Into the light sounds like something that could have been on Perfect Symmetry which is pretty hilarious. Looking forward to the next EP :drool:

When you said that, I thought I didn't know Fly To Me. But I do know it because it's in Little Broken Words, from which I do enjoy a handful of songs including the beautiful covers of The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore and What A Wonderful World and of course the brilliant Snowed Under.

Okay, i've seen the Keane guys at Jimmy Kimmel and then last night I was treated to a tiny club show at the Echo in L.A. MAX 300 people. It was incredible. They are playing the Roxy tonight in L.A. but I am sitting that one out. Planning to go to their acoustic show at the tiny Largo club (sit down) on Sunday. This band is really great live. I'm so glad they decided to do these tiny one off shows here while they are promoting. One of my friends took video from the show at the Echo last night. I'll share the link here w/ you guys:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Whoa oktobergirl, lucky you! I've seen lots of videos from the LA gigs and they are just fantastic! How I'd love to see them at such a small venue (being a fan of the more intimate gigs). I think the new songs are really beginning to find their live "shape" so to say, for example You haven't told me anything sounds fantastic live.

Here's hoping to win a ticket to the free London gig on December 16th...:drool:

This makes me SO HAPPY: Perfect Symmetry has been named both Best Album of 2008 and Best Track of 2008 in a Q magazine/radio poll. :up:

Wow! While I don't agree that it is the best album of 2008, it makes me really really happy to see artists like Keane, Coldplay, Oasis and REM in that Top 10. So refreshing compared to the Top 10 lists here and on other music sites!

And in related news, I'm loving Perfect Symmetry so much now! The album is certainly a grower, and right now except for Spiraling which I still somewhat dislike, I love almost every other song! Several favorites now including Lovers Are Losing, You Haven't Told Me.., title track, You Don't See Me, Again and Again, Playing Along Pretend That You're Alone, Black Burning Heart... even the closer is nice. So really, the only songs I'm not crazy about are Spiraling and the obvious Bowie rip off Better Than This. But the rest of the album kinda make up for those two. I think I like this album as much as Iron Sea or maybe even a bit better, not sure.

Wow! While I don't agree that it is the best album of 2008, it makes me really really happy to see artists like Keane, Coldplay, Oasis and REM in that Top 10. So refreshing compared to the Top 10 lists here and on other music sites!

And in related news, I'm loving Perfect Symmetry so much now! The album is certainly a grower, and right now except for Spiraling which I still somewhat dislike, I love almost every other song! Several favorites now including Lovers Are Losing, You Haven't Told Me.., title track, You Don't See Me, Again and Again, Playing Along Pretend That You're Alone, Black Burning Heart... even the closer is nice. So really, the only songs I'm not crazy about are Spiraling and the obvious Bowie rip off Better Than This. But the rest of the album kinda make up for those two. I think I like this album as much as Iron Sea or maybe even a bit better, not sure.

i agree with ya zoots.. spiralling is not a fav of mine.. but the rest of the album is great.

Spiralling (Single Edit) was great, the album version not so much.....

Perfect Symmetry is a fine album, a much more cohesive and focused work than UTIS. Black Burning Heart is sooooooo autopilot and dull though......

Playing Along could have made a great closer.....

b-side song of Perfect Symmetry: Staring at the Ceiling...:drool:

I love this song so much. Keane have got the best b-sides really. I believe many bands would kill to have that great songs on their albums while others can afford to release them as b-sides :D

Oh I'm so glad to hear that, Zoots :) Perfect Symmetry is indeed a grower and with an album like that Keane's future looks even more interesting - you really can expect almost anything from album #4.

Playing Along could have made a great closer.....

I always thought so too! I really didn't care too much for Playing along at first but now it's my favourite track together with YHTMA.

Oh wait...38 days till my first Keane gig! :hyper:

I got this album about 3 weeks ago and I agree that it is a grower. I think I have become addicted to it at this point.

Personal favs are Lovers are Losing, Playing Along and Love is the end.

Wost song Spiraling and worst lyrics are Pretend your alone (or whatever it is called)

Back
Top Bottom