Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Ca5SQ0eUMAAiAkq.jpg

If anyone missed the premiere party and absolutely cannot wait, Tidal is replaying it right now:

http://tidal.com/us

Kanye's shop lists the album as dropping 2/12:

WiUHJGV.png

I just turned on the stream and the audio quality was pretty shitty on my laptop. Think I'm just gonna wait and get the digital copy and burn it onto a CD*. Hopefully it's available at midnight.

*Maybe like 50 CDs and I'll just pass 'em around to strangers

What a bullshit rollout this is. Such a frustrating release model. Fucking let your fans buy your music, man.

You know this shit is fuckin ridiculous.

You tell everyone your album comes out on February 11 and then February 11 comes and nobody can buy it. Hahahaha. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised. He's one of a kind. I'm gonna go smoke a cigarette.

Another reason this will be out tonight: it would be unbelievably stupid for the album not to be available when he performs on SNL in, oh, 48 hours.

Not that this rollout has made any sense.

Haha.

Buddy of mine sent me a download of the audio rip and a download of the full video of the show from earlier today. I'm tryin to decide if I should watch the video or just listen to it. I'm on a good high right now so I'll enjoy it either way

Alright, just listened. Here are some scattered notes:

Chance's verse on "Ultra Light Beams" is so good! Kanye doesn't even have a verse on the opener! What the hell.

"Father Stretch My Hands" - I liked his verses. The first one is pretty funny. Didn't immediately love the song, though. I have a feeling this one in particular will grow on me.

Album really picks up with "Freestyle 4". Song is a lot of fun.

"Famous" is the best song in the first section of the album. This should have been the opener. Wow.

"Highlights" - The woman speaking at the start reminds me of Prince's sermon at the start of "Let's Go Crazy" on Purple Rain. This would have been a good opener too. Verse at the end is great. I like this album A LOT when Kanye is actually, you know, rapping.

"Feedback" was not that strong on first listen. Don't even remember it now. Not much to say about it. I look forward to hearing it again, though.

"FML" - Pretty much the same.

"Real Friends" is a breath of fresh air at this point. I already love this song and I see why it was one of the first ones from the album that he put out there.

"Wolves" is great! Maybe the song that moved me the most. Powerful.

Why the fuck is "No More Parties" not on this? Bad move.

The album is good, though. Can't wait to bump it some more this weekend. Just realized the version my friend gave me had the tracks out of order. Fuck. And is "FACTS" on the album?

Last edited:
I legitimately want Ghostface to kill that cunt.

That line was stupid as hell.

Taylor approved it herself :shrug:

Alright, just listened. Here are some scattered notes:

Chance's verse on "Ultra Light Beams" is so good! Kanye doesn't even have a verse on the opener! What the hell.

"Father Stretch My Hands" - I liked his verses. The first one is pretty funny. Didn't immediately love the song, though. I have a feeling this one in particular will grow on me.

Album really picks up with "Freestyle 4". Song is a lot of fun.

"Famous" is the best song in the first section of the album. This should have been the opener. Wow.

"Highlights" - The woman speaking at the start reminds me of Prince's sermon at the start of "Let's Go Crazy" on Purple Rain. This would have been a good opener too. Verse at the end is great. I like this album A LOT when Kanye is actually, you know, rapping.

"Feedback" was not that strong on first listen. Don't even remember it now. Not much to say about it. I look forward to hearing it again, though.

"FML" - Pretty much the same.

"Real Friends" is a breath of fresh air at this point. I already love this song and I see why it was one of the first ones from the album that he put out there.

"Wolves" is great! Maybe the song that moved me the most. Powerful.

Why the fuck is "No More Parties" not on this? Bad move.

The album is good, though. Can't wait to bump it some more this weekend. Just realized the version my friend gave me had the tracks out of order. Fuck. And is "FACTS" on the album?

Loooooooooooved that Chance verse. Y u no mention Fade though? It had a fucking wicked, old-school funk bass line to it.

As I said, I'm guessing No Parties was cut cos it doesn't fit the gospel theme, but I hope he makes it clear or someone asks him soon enough cos it would make the album better, it's extremely good. And the tracks were out of order cos Kanye played them out of order. Do you not fucking read anyone's fucking posts you fucking moron?

Yeah, it was very clear from the outset that the Taylor line was more of a joke than anything, and it's definitely a good attention grabber. It's the most talked about moment on the album after day one. By all reports, they have a good relationship now. There were even those rumors that they recorded together a while back. They had the public make up at the VMAs, etc.

Haha, I deserve that cobbs. And damn I did like Fade. I need to hear it again tomorrow. Right now I'm gonna unwind and watch some TV. I've been thinking about Kanye pretty much non-stop for like the last six hours or so. I need to step back.

It's a good attention grabber but it's not a good line, by the way. And it IS a mean-spirited joke and not even close to true. But I get why he said it. He's a provocateur. I guess I'm trying to say I don't find it remotely shocking.

Last edited:
This album release feels like a Nigerian prince inheritance scam.

Back
Top Bottom