Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, the idea that Kiss is one of his songs with "perverted" lyrics is what's controversial. Kiss is ridiculously tame for Prince.

I mean, are you thinking of Gett Off? Or Darling Nikki?

I know but I am noob in that regard. before doing deeper into music i was more into very tame rock (REO Speedwagon, anyone?) so I guess I was kinda shocked pretty naively

I'm hearing a lot of rumblings that this album is coming to iTunes tonight in a full***** version. We'll see.

I'd have to listen to it again to tell you if I liked anything on it outside My Girls. I suspect so, but not really enough to revisit it.

I'm being a bit of a dick, I should just not comment. I'll always have My Girls and that song helped me stave off a panic attack last year so for that I'll be forever thankful.

Hey, no worries. I'd be willing to broadly state that all of their work pre-Feels is garbage juice.

It depresses the shit out of me that there's a new Kanye album out and we're talking about Prince and Animal Collective instead because of the release method.

Last edited:
Surely the most haphazard album release ever?

Kind of glad I haven't heard the tidal version yet - hoping confirmation of a final version is imminent.

Loved Yeezus - such a stellar first half.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Lots of discussion around this album around the Internet and work place has reminded me how many people really don't like Yeezus and they're nuts.

Even if you trimmed the fat and kept the 10 best tracks this wouldn't be better than Yeezus, which probably has 3 tracks better than anything on Pablo.

That's not really the point of the album. It would be like cutting the weaker tracks out of the White Album; the variety and weirdness would be squandered. Plus, there's no shortage of great tracks: Ultralight Beam, Famous, FML, Real Friends, Wolves, 30 Hours, NMPILA, Fade...

It's his least polished work, but far more inspired than most music I've heard this year. The guy just needs to cut some yes men out of his life; the ones letting some of these awful lyrics through (also a problem on Yeezus).

Last edited:
Of my two most trusted review sites, one says Life of Pablo is inspired genius and one says it is unfocused bullshit. The thing about Kanye is there is never a measured reaction to him. Everything is in extremes all the damn time.

God damn I love the writing on Yeezus. Wouldn't change a single word.

I also agree with LM on Pablo though. I've never been one to feel that cutting songs from long or meandering albums is a way to "improve" anything. I'd add Waves and Father Stretch My Hands to elmels list of highlights too.

Of my two most trusted review sites, one says Life of Pablo is inspired genius and one says it is unfocused bullshit. The thing about Kanye is there is never a measured reaction to him. Everything is in extremes all the damn time.

Out of curiosity, which sites are those?

God damn I love the writing on Yeezus. Wouldn't change a single word.

I also agree with LM on Pablo though. I've never been one to feel that cutting songs from long or meandering albums is a way to "improve" anything. I'd add Waves and Father Stretch My Hands to elmels list of highlights too.

I wasn't suggesting it be cut, I was simply trying to point out that even its strongest tracks don't stack up to Yeezus's streamlined quality.

The sprawl is part of Pablo's charm, I suppose. But comparing it to The White Album? No.

Back
Top Bottom