Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The second half of this album is much better than the first. The first half (aside from Ultralight Beam) sounds a lot like Yeezus, which is fine but feels like he's spinning his wheels. Once it gets to Waves is where things really pick up for me.

So, other than Tidal, is there any way to legally listen to this at this point? I haven't been following the latest.

So, other than Tidal, is there any way to legally listen to this at this point? I haven't been following the latest.

If it makes you feel any better about downloading and not paying, he's already $50+ million in debt supposedly. Another $10 isn't going to make much of a difference...

If it makes you feel any better about downloading and not paying, he's already $50+ million in debt supposedly. Another $10 isn't going to make much of a difference...

I should write to Mark Zuckerberg and ask him to give me a Tidal subscription.

Two things I've enjoyed from my Tidal free trial:

-The Life of Pablo
-Access to Prince's discography

Starfish and Coffee is my (maple syrup and) jam on that album. Love that song. Bunch of other great tracks on there too, of course. But that one is so damn infectious.

If I Was Your Girlfriend is such a powerful song lyrically.

But yeah, I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man is perfect. Great lyrics, hook, melody and AWESOME guitar break. Hope it goes far in the upcoming PRINCE SURVIVOR.

The title track is fuckin brilliant, too. I own it on the two disc CD and I'll admit I've listened to the first disc a lot more than the second. Never Take The Place of Your Man is a blast, though, yeah. Huge chorus.

I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man is perhaps my fav Prince song.

Also endorse the singling out of Starfish & Coffee, which sounds like a breakfast special Lance's Mom offers to graveyard shift workers who just clocked out.

Last edited:

I think that not financially rewarding him for this hour long commercial for Tidal is a moral imperative. Really, what kind of dick makes an album and says "Oh download it for $20 :lol: or actually you can't, you have to subscribe to Tidal if you want it :lol::lol::lol::lol:"

He's using his album to increase the value of his pathetic company. It's extremely unfair to his fans.

This is pretty disjointed, perhaps in reflection of its creator's own current mental state, intentionally or unintentionally. A handful of notable tracks, but this might be his second-weakest after 808s.

I applaud him for not making a safe record, at least. It's not as "revolutionary" as Yeezus but there's art in its abrasion and confrontation.

As an antidote to claims he takes himself too seriously (which he often does), the humor of I Love Kanye punctuated by his laughter at the end was nice to hear.

More comments after more listens, I'm sure.

the fact that lyrics of Kiss is kinda perverted shouldn't be so controversial, though

No, the idea that Kiss is one of his songs with "perverted" lyrics is what's controversial. Kiss is ridiculously tame for Prince.

I mean, are you thinking of Gett Off? Or Darling Nikki?

Back
Top Bottom