Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice.

[TWEET]698748496153866240[/TWEET]
[TWEET]698749973769363456[/TWEET]
[TWEET]698750951889506305[/TWEET]
[TWEET]698753966188990464[/TWEET]

If this is real, I'll be the happiest person to have ever lived.

But there's no chance it is. He probably thinks he's so funny too.

If this is real, I'll be the happiest person to have ever lived.

But there's no chance it is. He probably thinks he's so funny too.

Yeah, I'm not sure myself, but it's fun to pretend that this is sincere and it's not just trolling.

Awwwwwffuuullllllll lyrics, but I haven't had this much fun listening to a new album in a while.

The production on TLOP makes most albums sound safe and boring.

The last minute of FML is classic Kanye.

As for the rest... I'm not convinced yet. Most songs are so short and seemingly unstructured on first listen that it's difficult to process.

I've only listened to everything up to and including Wolves. That song and Real Friends are a nice change of pace. I've read that the other tracks are bonus tracks. It seems that way at least.

I've read that the other tracks are bonus tracks. It seems that way at least.

They're really not. Kanye refers to 30 Hours as a "bonus track" in a very Last Call-esque spoken outro featuring Andre 3000, but I don't think there's a 13 track version coming. There's even a very funny intermission leading into the post-Wolves material that helps parse things out.

The album is completely different with the last 5 tracks as well, much stranger, more fun and all around satisfying. This entire era is captured perfectly with the album's bizarre flame out. Outside of that one viewing of the MSG stream, I'm never listening to the album without the last 5 tracks.

So is the album :up: or :down:

:up: :up: :up:

Last edited:
Man, what a fucking hoot this album is. My only major disappointment was having an orgasm when he was like "Three Stacks help me out" but no verse came and the song just petered out. Which is a shame cos it's pretty great. Real disappointing.

It's all over the shop and it's weird as shit and I fucking love it.

So apparently Kanye has already pulled the album from Tidal and says he wants to fix some things.

This has to be the strangest album release in history.

He said it all in one tweet. Not selling it just yet, only streaming. Fixing Wolves.

Of course, who knows what could change between now and next week ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's a great album. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but whatever. I'm glad Kanye is still making music as strange as his persona.

Last edited:
Three spins so far.

Real Friends is absolutely the best song in my eyes, that beat is fucking so good (self-produced, too), Ty Dolla Sign's feature is great and suits the song well, Kanye sounds really good and most of the lyrics are solid and fit the mood, despite being a little bit wanky, but that's what you get with a mogul, y'know.

Ultra Light Beams is spectacular, Chance's verse steals the show for the entire album just about. And the choral parts, particularly the ones towards the end of the song, are just amazingly powerful. The SNL performance was astonishing and it could be even better when Kanye lays it all out himself.

Famous rules, love Kanye's first verse, heaps of fun, and Feedback continues in the same vein, love the "good snooze" line, it's nice to hear Kanye having some fun, and this is the most he's had since, fuck, what, Graduation? The Ray Jay line in Highlights was one of several moments that had a whole cinema cracking up with laughter.

Everyone seems to LOVE Waves. I can see why, but I'm not too big on it, at least not at the moment. I liked FML a lot on the stream and it's good, nice Weeknd feature. Wolves I'm not huge on either tbh, maybe Sia will be back on it when he "fixes" it. The "surrounded by / the fuckin' wolves" is a wild line tho, I love it. 30 Hours I've spoken about, he should have just used the one he posted for GOOD Fridays. Maybe it'll change. It just shits me, the potential, what that song could have been. No More Parties I'm a bit less high on but probably because I've known it for like three weeks and there's more exciting new stuff. Still dope as shit. Did either Kanye or Kendrick change their verses from the soundcloud one? Facts has some funny lyrics but the song's a bit of a bust in my eyes. But Fade, man. Love that song.

I'm predicting Pitchfork will give it somewhere between 8.5 and 9.4. They overrated Yeezus, giving it a 9.5, so they have to underrate this one to maintain some credibility and I'm tipping it'll be like a 9.2. Might even be less, blaming cohesion and the messy process.

wait do I have to actively quit TIDAL after the trial is over even if i sign up just for the trial or does my TIDAL membership disappears after the trial is over?

Back
Top Bottom