Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really like that review. Touches on the parts of the last few months that have had Kanye sycophants like myself frustrated, annoyed, disappointed, angry. Touches on how ridiculous the whole thing has been. But also mentions the moments of glory. It doesn't really read like a 9.0 though. Some actual discussion of more of the songs would have been great; most of the rest of that would have just made for a really good article in its own right.

Yeah, Pitchfork gave it a 9.0. Their review is a good read.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
and Pitchfork only gave 8.4 to Purple, Baroness' masterpiece. and don't take this as me overly sensitive as I love to bitch about things.

wait do I have to actively quit TIDAL after the trial is over even if i sign up just for the trial or does my TIDAL membership disappears after the trial is over?

Did you give them your credit card number? If so, you probably have to actively quit or they will start charging you.

I signed up the day Rihanna's new album dropped, and they were offering a 90 day trial with no credit card information. I assume they will cut me off right at 90 days, but no way am I going to quit.

...because of the high-quality audio? From what I've seen of Tidal it's awful. I can't wait until he releases it properly.
What's so awful about it? I'm sticking to Google Musical but Tidal doesn't look too bad.

I'm soured from it not authorising my sign in and purchase properly but then charging me $1 and allowing me to stream. And they had Facts twice and not Fade. Spotify kicks the shit out of it... (although do artists get more from Tidal..?)

I like Google's interface the best. Spotify was/is ugly as hell.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm waiting until it gets out on Spotify/physical release. It sucks, but I don't feel like registering on Tidal just for this.

I'm so glad the music is out there and can take on a life of its own now.

It's the albums, not the twitter rants that people will be coming back to years from now.

BTW, Tidal is a scam. It doesn't even have gapless play unless you pay an extra $10 every month. That's laughable considering Spotify has that at its base level.

Last edited:
I've already listened to Fade about 700 times today. Who knew Kanye would do deep house.

Deep House? by Kanye? wow I got to listen to it

When I was watching the album launch stream it was like 4 am and I was out of it..when Fade dropped I was like "oh ok he's taking a break from his album and playing some classic house? cooool" lol

Oh sorry, I'm on mobile and didn't click the link lol

Kanye repping his hometown's house scene makes me smile.

Does anyone really think Kanye is in debt for $53 million?

If he is, it might make sense for him actually to give people some way to purchase the damn album, especially while he has managed to conjure so much buzz around it the last week.

Back
Top Bottom