Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad I can listen to it again. When my free Tidal subscription expired I didn't even go through the hassle of illegally downloading it. That probably says something about how good I think it is. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the album, but it's definitely not great.

The first, I don't know, 6-7 minutes of this album are fucking astonishing. ULB and the intro of FSMH1 are absolutely out of this world and flow together beautifully. Famous and 30 Hours show off Kanye's mastery of the sample flip. I think the melody and sentiment of Waves is as heartwarming and life-affirming as anything he's recorded since Graduation. FML and Real Friends are two of the best songs he's ever recorded, period. NMPILA is lightning in a bottle and we should all be thrilled that such a meeting of the minds even happened. It has one of the best Kanye verses in years. The album as a whole is emotional, funny, unhinged and extremely Kanye.

Fuck yes this is a great album. And I can confirm that the changes are largely positive. Freestyle 4 has gotten even crazier. Some mixing issues have been fixed. Wolves is a completely different song now and I'll leave it up to you to decide if it's been improved because I'm not sure, but I think it's slightly better.

This listen was a very good one. A lot of small changes (and one or two major ones) added up to a holistically stronger experience.

Last edited:
Gotta give the updated version a listen. But yes, this album if fucking great, and far from being my least favorite Kanye.

I'd say Wolves is better now. I miss a little about the way the original version was structured, but my favorite Kanye parts are still here and it has infinitely more Sia than it did before which is a net positive.

Why the fuck doesn't anyone else care about 30 Hours? The first half is phenomenal. The second half is a fucking travesty. Can you imagine if 3000 dropped a Pink Matter-style verse there. Jesus.

I literally just praised the beat like 3 posts ago.

I'm not a huge Arthur Russell fan but that melody is glorious.

With Governors Ball cancelled tonight, Kanye is playing a pop up show at Webster Hall at 2am. This is the street outside right now:

[TWEET]739686105822470146[/TWEET]

Edit: for some reason I can't embed the tweet. Trust me, it's a madhouse.

Last edited:
Hahaha fuck he's still going!!

THE LIFE OF PABLO now has a new closing track, "Saint Pablo". It takes a little while to get out of first gear, and it feels like a response that he's just recorded rather than from the Pablo sessions, but it's fucking great and sounds good too.

Back
Top Bottom