Kanye West Survivor: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your FIVE favorites

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, we had four tracks proceed from 808s & Heartbreak, with the help of a tiebreaker:

1. Love Lockdown (4)
2. Paranoid (4)
3. Heartless (3)
4. Street Lights (3)

MBDTF tied with Late Registration for first in the Kanye album poll, so five tracks from it will proceed to the final round. Please vote for your five favorites. This poll will end Thursday afternoon, when we will proceed to the Watch the Throne round.

Can't decide between Minaj's performance on Monster or YEEZY REUPHOLSTERED MY PUSSY for the 5th spot.

Power
So Appalled
Dark Fantasy
Runaway

Oh yes.

What an album. Monster's my favorite thing on here, I think. And I'll toss votes at Dark Fantasy, All of the Lights, Runaway, and So Appalled.

1. Monster
2. All of the Lights
3. Lost in the World
4. Power
5. Runaway

6. Gorgeous
7. Dark Fantasy
8. Devil in a New Dress
9. So Appalled
10. Blame Game
11. Hell of a Life

But every song is great. Really. I felt bad ranking these because it makes it look like I dislike something on this album.

God I love this album. Really hard to pick five because I love every song.
Devil in a New Dress - Seriously gorgeous and underrated tune that's become my favourite on the album. Beautiful melancholic beat built on just eight seconds of a Smokey Robinson song that is easily sustained for six minutes. Terrific verse from Kanye, interesting, touching lyrics, a guitar solo in the middle, and then an absolutely outstanding verse from Rick Ross. That's another thing Kanye does really well, he brings out the best in others. I haven't heard anything Ross has done before or since that even comes close to this verse.
Monster - Duh. I don't think Jay-Z's verse is as bad as people say. And how exciting is Nicki Minaj's verse?
So Appalled - Awesome beat and great verses. Love Jay-Z's in particular, especially how it starts and how it ends.
Power - "At the end of the day goddamn it I'm killin this shit / I know damn well y'all feelin' this shit / I don't need yo pussy bitch I'm on my own dick / I ain't got a power trip who you goin' home with"
All of the Lights - Elton John.
Lost in the World/Who Will Survive in America?
Blame Game
Gorgeous
Hell of a Life
Dark Fantasy
Run Away

We've already matched the vote total for 808s in 12 hours. :lol: Not unexpected. It will be interesting to see what the turnout is like from here on out.

Power
All Of The Lights
Blame Game
Devil in a New Dress
Lost in the Wolrd

I must be missing something with Monster, it's always been my least favourite on the album, tied with Hell of a Life. Not a bad song, but completely overshadowed by just about everything else.

Power
All Of The Lights
Blame Game
Devil in a New Dress
Lost in the Wolrd

I must be missing something with Monster, it's always been my least favourite on the album, tied with Hell of a Life. Not a bad song, but completely overshadowed by just about everything else.

This is the closest thing to agreeing with any positive opinions regarding this album that I'm going to get. Except that I didn't make it far enough to ver hear hell of a life. I almost like power (ok, i do actually like power. not sure why) and all of the lights, yet monster reminds me what I hate about most hip hop in the first place (it sort of strikes me as a hodgepodge of too many people with too many cheesy verses about how they're fucking badass monsters or something).

Ideally Lost in the World/Who Will Survive in America would be one track, I think. Otherwise I would've picked that over Hell of a Life

Power
All of the Lights
Runaway
Hell of a Life
Blame Game

Cobbler merged them and that's fine too. They are not technically listed that way, but it's like An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, I can't blame people for voting based on whatever makes the song better.

1. Runaway
2. Power
3. Gorgeous
4. Monster
5. So Appalled
6. Dark Fantasy
7. All of the Lights
8. Hell of a Life
9. Lost in the World
10. Blame Game
11. Devil in a New Dress

Gorgeous deserves more love.

Nikki's verse on Monster is the second best on the album; top honors go to Pusha T on Runaway. #controversial

Gorgeous fucking rules. Contains my favourite Yeezy verse on the whole album.

Can't even recall off the top of my head how Pusha-T's verse on Run Away goes.

I'm very happy with this poll. No chance of a tie really and, with Ashley's vote, we'll have reached the vote ceiling for the tournament. :up:

Agreed that Gorgeous is being underrated though.

OK, I'm giving this my required listen before voting and WHERE THE HELL IS THE ALL OF THE LIGHTS INTRO?!

I'm not joking. I used that shit on a DI list. I love that fucking interlude.

I leave the skits in, I get shit for it. I take them out, I get shit for it. :tsk:

17 votes!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom