Kanye West Survivor: Late Registration Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your FIVE favorites

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, due to the obvious dominance of five songs, the tiebreaker was skipped and the five songs in question from College Dropout proceeded:

1. We Don't Care (9)
2. All Falls Down (9)
3. Jesus Walks (8)
4. Slow Jamz (7)
5. Through the Wire (7)

Now we move on to Late Registration. It tied for first in the album poll, so five songs from it will proceed. A tiebreaker will likely be enforced for this round if necessary because 6+ songs from one album is pretty intense.

Please vote for your five favorites.

One really confusing element of this poll is the different Diamonds From Sierra Leone mixes. If you guys would like, I can merge the totals from the two and go with whatever one places higher in the finals, if the combined total causes it to make the cut. Or I can treat them as separate entities all the way. I separated them in the poll because I was curious to see which one wound up with more votes, but I realize that will inevitably split the total. Whatever you guys think is best, but it would have been lame to merge the two from the get go.

OK so I went with

Heard 'Em Say
Touch the Sky
Addiction
Diamonds From Sierra Leone (Remix)
Gone

With a couple more slots available, We Major, Hey Mama and Late would also have received my vote. There are so many sweet, thoughtful, gorgeously produced tracks on this album. It's a beauty.

Touch the Sky
Gold Digger
Diamonds of Sierra Leone Remix
We Major
Celebration

What a great, great album. Of course, my iPod doesn't have the skits, and I'm fine with that.

I'll have to give this a bad boy another listen, but definitely Touch the Sky, Gold Digger and Diamonds Remix. Everyone is gonna vote for the remix over the other one.

I don't think it's close either. But you never know, Nick might come in and challenge the Kanye hive mind.

I just can't get into this album as much as the others, but it still has a number of songs I enjoy quite a bit.

I actually like the skits on this one as well.

Slow or not, I'd be okay with the results currently, seeing as my two favorites are in the lead!

Not me. The original version is what I first fell in love with. I like the verses on it a lot better. They're actually some of my favorite Kanye verses ever.

You guys should listen to that shit again. Classic stuff.

EDIT: Just listened to both. Wow. The original version shits on the remix.

On that Diamonds remix I swore I spazzed
Then my big brother came through and kicked my ass

Not me. The original version is what I first fell in love with. I like the verses on it a lot better. They're actually some of my favorite Kanye verses ever.

Well then maybe neither of them will make it because the split vote!

But yeah, I just listened to this album today at work. And I disagree with your last statement pretty easily.

Listening to this album straight through for the first time in a long time. Great, great stuff.

Could be tough to narrow it down to 5. I know for sure that the original Diamonds will be one of my votes, though. And Touch The Sky probably.

Well then maybe neither of them will make it because the split vote!

Like I said, I'll probably just merge the two and include in the finals whichever version has the most votes. Definitely wouldn't screw a classic like Diamonds on a technicality.

Roses is a really well-written song. Bitch, is you smokin reefer? But I probably won't vote for it.

I agree with GAF. I'll be voting for the original as well.

I probably like 10 tracks more than ether version of Diamonds.

We Major
Gone
Heard 'em Say
Touch The Sky
Crack Music

Tough call on the last spot, with Drive Slow and My Way Home very close.

1. O.G. Diamonds
2. Touch The Sky
3. Heard 'Em Say
4. Drive Slow (Verses are fucking great)
5. Celebration (So many awesome memories that go along with this one. Reckless youth, white kids downtown, drinking cheap liquor and smoking weed to new Kanye West songs.)

Almost gave a spot to Gone purely for the "flip sides like Anakin" lyric.

And there were a handful of others that were pretty damn close.

I'm mystified that Gone could fail to make anyone's cut. Brion's strings??

And that last verse is amazing.

Almost as good as the reprise of We Major when the horns come blaring in.

Touch the Sky
Heard Em Say (remember when Adam Levine wasn't a massive douche? :cute:)
Diamonds Remix (original is pretty damn good too though, you're right GAF)
We Major
Gold Digger

Close calls for My Way Home (sucks it's so short), Gone, Drive Slow and Late.

Nas' verse on We Major is pretty crappy (can he go one track without mentioning Illmatic?) but the rest is great.

Man, Addiction is getting hosed. What a sample.

Back
Top Bottom