Kanye West Survivor: Graduation Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your FOUR favorites

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
OK, so here's what happened. Last round, four songs went through without dispute:

1. Diamonds From Sierra Leone (13)
  • Remix (9)
  • Original (4)
2. Touch the Sky (12)
3. Gone (9)
4. Gold Digger (8)

Then a tiebreaker was forced as Heard 'Em Say and We Major both received 6 votes. Then, in the tiebreaker, they tied once again. Ordinarily, I would send both through. However, in the meantime, Ashley pointed out to me that THE SIREN, who voted for We Major, was an alter. This alter had voted in the Late Registration round as well, but I had no control of things by the time I noticed.

However, I do have control now. I'm not OK with the use of alters in voting (it's actually something you could get suspended for, but the mods generally don't give a fuck these days), so yeah, I'm not counting their votes in the future and handing the tie to our fifth winner, Heard 'Em Say. Yeah, it's going to piss some people off, but that's cool. If any of you are totally up in arms about this, I wouldn't mind hearing some contrary arguments, but I do believe this is the right thing to do.

As for this round, Graduation tied for second, so please vote for your four favorites.

1. Flashing Lights
2. Everything I Am
3. The Glory
4. I Wonder

5. Champion
6. Stronger
7. Good Life
8. Good Morning
9. Big Brother
10. Can't Tell Me Nothing
11. Homecoming
12. Drunk and Hot Girls
13. Barry Bonds

This one is a bit NLOTHy: the middle of the album totally sucks. I really like it though for the most part. Interesting new direction with the beats; it's definitely a transitional record into a colder, less soulful sound that he would follow up on with 808s and, to a lesser extent, MBDTF.

:down:

You're forgetting that some people may not have voted because they didn't want to break the tie. Should have asked a mod to alter the poll.

Fuck this.

:down:

You're forgetting that some people may not have voted because they didn't want to break the tie. Should have asked a mod to alter the poll.

Fuck this.

Up until an hour or two ago Heard 'Em Say had the lead and had sustained it throughout the morning, so I doubt that was a significant factor.

You did the right thing. Anyone reading the tiebreaker thread knew there was an alter situation and should have voted (or abstained) accordingly.

Voted for Flashing Lights, Champion, Stronger and Can't Tell Me Nothing.

Shame to see no other votes for Champion yet, hope it picks up. Not many Kanye songs beat how that opens:

Did you realise / that you were a champion in their eyes
Yes I did / so I packed it up and took it back to the crib

01. Flashing Lights
02. Stronger
03. Good Life
04. Big Brother
05. Champion
06. Good Morning
07. The Glory
08. Homecoming
09. Can't Tell Me Nothing
10. Barry Bonds
11. I Wonder
12. Everything I Am
13. Drunk and Hot Girls

Dag, I forgot this album is actually pretty good. It was tough picking just four. Even Barry Bonds is pretty decent, and while I'd never call it a good song, Drunk and Hot Girls has at least made me laugh a couple of times. The presence of T-Pain on the Good Life is actually a net positive. Tho I'll just pretend that Chris Martin song doesn't exist.

Kinda wanted to vote for Good Morning if only for this

You got D's muh fuckah
D's
ROSIE PEREZ!!!

You should really only consider 7 of those votes for gold digger since I actually went in and voted for only that song, despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I've never heard it. I was just in the mood to be a jerk.

On a different note, I did listen to a few of the tracks from college dropout the other day, and they weren't half as awful as I remembered them being. It's funny how much more tolerable they were removed from the lyrics being repeated incessantly by over-privileged suburban white kids pretending to be "gangsta". All Falls Down and We Don't Care are actually almost good.

One inherently flawed portion of the game: if we were only voting for 4 in the last round, I would not have voted for Gold Digger. We Major is my second favorite song on that album. Sucks that it got kicked out.

Definitely voting for Good Life, and mostly because he uses that 50 Cent line. Love that shit. In Da Club is so great. That first 50 album is really good. I probably should have listed it when I listed my favorite hip-hop albums the other day.

:applaud:

This whole thing is a sham.

Hahaha did you quit voting?

Really blows that Everything I Am doesn't stand a chance. That's easily one of the highlights on this thing. But I am pleased that Homecoming is getting shut out. Really annoying hook from Chrissy.

No real need to bump this, just wanted to make everyone aware that voting ends in about 7 hours, in case some have waited to do so. Of our regulars, I know Ashley hasn't voted yet.

808s is going to be interesting. I suspect Love Lockdown and Heartless will go through easily, but the third spot is a tossup.

Just do not like 808s, never have. I've always hated Love Lockdown. Paranoid's the only track I think can hold a candle to what we've nominated so far, and will nominate in the coming rounds.

Can't believe I was the only vote for Champion.

Love Lockdown's bass and the drums in the outro are absolutely sick. Love it.

Lockdown/Paranoid/Street Lights are undoubtedly my favorites, but there are plenty of others. I'm pretty tired of Heartless, but I still consider it one of the better songs.

No real need to bump this, just wanted to make everyone aware that voting ends in about 7 hours, in case some have waited to do so. Of our regulars, I know Ashley hasn't voted yet.

808s is going to be interesting. I suspect Love Lockdown and Heartless will go through easily, but the third spot is a tossup.

Almost forgot to vote :uhoh:.

I had to listen to the album again to decide and I'm still torn. Let's see if there's any strategic voting I can cause havoc with.

OK, I had three songs with asterisks (must votes) and those were: Stronger, Everything I Am and Big Brother.

After that, the pool was Can't Tell Me Nothing, I Wonder, Good Life and Flashing Lights.

I ended up voting for Good Life, not because it's my favorite of those, but because I was trying to prevent the possibility of a tie :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom