Kanye West Survivor: Final Round (Diamonds vs. All of the Lights)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, Power was eliminated with 5 votes.

We're finally here, guys. Fuck yeah. This poll will run for three days, so by Saturday afternoon we'll have a winner. To avoid any confusion, we will continue to vote for least favorites, though honestly the vote functions the same either way once it's an either/or choice.

Thanks for hanging in there for this. We've consistently had 10 votes a round, so that's pretty good.

Really, really hurts to do it, but I'm voting Diamonds. It's nearly impossible for me to pick between the two but All of the Lights is perfect. It's a beautifully composed track with hard-hitting beats, emotional strings and DAT CHORUS. Hip-hop tracks don't often have singalong choruses that potent, but Rihanna delivers.

Diamonds is unbelievable too. Kanye just tears it up. The sample is sublime. Really one of his most epic, angry tracks and it gets overlooked as a single with inferior tracks like Gold Digger and Stronger getting radio play. But it's not surprising, really; Diamonds is Kanye with a strong, weighty message and not everyone can dig that. Yeezus is bringing that sort of intensity so far though and I'm excited about that.

It's my top two Kanye songs left. Couldn't be happier with the results. I'll throw a vote to All of the Lights though.

No problem Bonnie, I'm trying to have the poll adjusted. I don't want anyone assuming this is a blowout and voting Diamonds to make things interesting.

The Taylor Swift alter vote is throwing off the totals :madwife:

Diamonds from Sierra Leone - 7
allbecauseofme, bono_212, cobl04, Imperor, lazarus, LemonMelon, The Sad Punk (vote change)

All of the Lights - 6
AiRMaRcI9o0, bollox, GirlsAloudFan, HeartlandGirl, mrs. tourist, the tourist

Well damn. All of the Lights is my second favorite and Diamonds of Sierra Leone is my second favorite. Can't complain about these results. Even though I still kinda wanna. :wink:

The Taylor Swift alter vote is throwing off the totals :madwife:

Diamonds from Sierra Leone - 7
allbecauseofme, bono_212, cobl04, Imperor, lazarus, LemonMelon, The Sad Punk (vote change)

All of the Lights - 6
AiRMaRcI9o0, bollox, GirlsAloudFan, HeartlandGirl, mrs. tourist, the tourist

Fuck you for this.

By that logic, All of the Lights won by a pretty good distance then. :lol:

You know how this alter bullshit can be avoided? Don't vote with alters. Pretty simple. My eyes about rolled out of my head when I saw that shit. I don't enjoy feeling like a humorless asshole, but it happens from time to time. I'm sorry. I love you guys. That just drives me up the wall for whatever reason.

Anyway, All of the Lights is the winner. See you next time when we do the Worst Mumford & Sons Song Survivor. The loser gets thrown in a volcano, and the winner also gets thrown in a volcano.

Aren't Bono 212 and LM the same person then, too?

212er only shows up to throw a same vote lm's way in polls, so absolut--oh wait...

I really couldn't care less. It's silly Internet polls.

Whose alter is that aIRniKE07bR person? That should be the real question.

212er only shows up to throw a same vote lm's way in polls, so absolut--oh wait...

Except she often doesn't vote the same as me. :shrug: So there's that. Besides, the only reason she signed up here in the first place was to post drunk pictures of me in the Superthreads, so it's not like she's invested in getting to know people. Probably the only reason she still even logs in is when I tell her about the polls. But hey, if she's no longer welcome to vote in the polls, I'll tell her to stop voting. Maybe I will too, since they're just silly internet polls and all.

Back
Top Bottom