Kanye West Survivor: College Dropout Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your FOUR favorites

• Intro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graduation Day

• I'll Fly Away

• Workout Plan

• The New Workout Plan

• School Spirit (Skit 1)

• School Spirit

• School Spirit (Skit 2)

• Lil Jimmy (Skit)

• Family Business

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
And so it begins. Here are Kanye West's album rankings, according to 19 Interferencers:

1. Late Registration
1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
3. The College Dropout
3. Graduation
5. Watch the Throne
6. 808s & Heartbreak
7. Cruel Summer

This gives The College Dropout four songs, so in the poll above, please vote for your four favorite songs, as the top four will proceed. In the event of a tie, we will have a runoff round in order to conserve space in the final poll (we're up to 27 tracks now, so isn't really room to include all the tied tracks).

This poll will run for three days so you have time to re-listen to the album if you haven't done so in a while, or at all.

I included the skits because there was room to do so and hey, maybe you get off on that sort of thing.

This is really a tough vote for me since at least 6 of these songs deserve to go through, but:

1. All Falls Down
2. Slow Jamz
3. Spaceship
4. We Don't Care

I don't make these polls while driving so it only took an extra 20 or 30 seconds of my time

Less bitching, more voting.

Including the skits. Wow. Please don't do that for any of the rest of the albums.

1. Through The Wire (his best song)
2. We Don't Care
3. All Falls Down

That's my clear top three. All three would have a good shot at being in my all-time Kanye top 5. All three would definitely be in my top 10.

My fourth vote could go to any of the following: Spaceship, Jesus Walks, Never Let Me Down, Slow Jamz, Family Business, Last Call.

Tough decision. I'll probably throw it at Slow Jamz. Great single, and definitely one of his biggest star-making turns. I remember people quoting so many different lines from that song back in school. Ahhhh, memories. So many good memories associated with this album.

What's the big deal. You have to spend an extra second scrolling.

Anyway I'm sad Late Rego ended up with more votes than MBDTF but for this round in voting for All Falls Down, We Don't Care, Slow Jamz and Last Call. I love listening to Last Call, all of it.

Through the Wire is a good song but I just cannot get past those goddamn vocals. They just make me laugh every time and take me out of the song.

If Through The Wire doesn't make it through this round I'm not participating in the rest of this bullshit.

#laz #shuttlecock #threadsurvivor

What?

And didn't you just hear this album for the first time like yesterday? I don't even think you should be allowed to vote.

If you didn't hear Through The Wire in 2003 you don't truly know the song. I'm sorry. For most people, it was the first time ever hearing Kanye rap. And it was more than a breath of fresh air. Those pure, joyful, true hip-hop verses...damn.

Fuck this shit.

I'm really surprised Jesus Walks and Through the Wire are lagging behind. Maybe Laz can close the gap when he stops raging about the skits.

What?

And didn't you just hear this album for the first time like yesterday? I don't even think you should be allowed to vote.

If you didn't hear Through The Wire in 2003 you don't truly know the song. I'm sorry. For most people, it was the first time ever hearing Kanye rap. And it was more than a breath of fresh air. Those pure, joyful, true hip-hop verses...damn.

Fuck this shit.

That was the same post as Laz saying he would abstain from voting in the thread survivor if Shuttlecock didn't make it through.

Heard it for the first time about two or three months ago and have listened to it several times since. I like the song, would be in my top eight or so from the album, just not as much as you.

These are supposed to be fun, light-hearted things man and I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Would hate to see you not participate. I'm hoping more people will talk about their reactions to College Dropout, Late Rego, Graduation, 808s, cos I wasn't a big fan when any of them came out.

Shit I saw Kanye open for U2 in 2006, so after Late Registration came out. I recall not really being interested, and his set being a bit crap/hard to hear. I'm pretty sure I hated Gold Digger at the time. Then I saw him last year and that show immediately went into my all-time top five.

And JERMON BUSHROD!

Yeah, sorry. I'm acting like a dick, but I'm just pissed that Through The Wire only has two votes. That's some sirius black fucking bullshit. It's all good.

Through the Wire is so dope. I've lived with this album for 7 years and have grown more attached to other tracks but on a slightly weaker album TTW, Family Business, Jesus Walks and Last Call would have easily gotten my votes.

How often do you guys listen to the entirety of Last Call? I always do, but I'm tempted to skip it sometimes. Kanye's story is so good though.

Man, I still listen to this album every August before fall semester. It's been my tradition going on 5 years now.

Not a lot of Spaceship love either. A great example of how personal and heartfelt Kanye's early stuff is.

Including the skits. Wow. Please don't do that for any of the rest of the albums.

1. Through The Wire (his best song)
2. We Don't Care
3. All Falls Down

Tough decision. I'll probably throw it at Slow Jamz. Great single, and definitely one of his biggest star-making turns. I remember people quoting so many different lines from that song back in school. Ahhhh, memories. So many good memories associated with this album.

If Through The Wire doesn't make it through this round I'm not participating in the rest of this bullshit.

Fuck this shit.

Your Kanye survivor sucks, but I'm probably still going to vote in it because I'm bored.

I don't think we've ever been more in sync, GAF. :hug:

That was the same post as Laz saying he would abstain from voting in the thread survivor if Shuttlecock didn't make it through.

I never threatened anything. I simply never posted or voted in any of those threads again.

People should be ashamed of themselves for that bullshit.

Through the Wire is in the top 4 now. It's not that high for me but it does deserve to go through.

12 votes! Awesome. Thanks, guys.

Sucks that Slow Jamz is slipping out of the top 4, but I figured Jesus Walks would find its way in eventually. That's one of his signature songs.

Back
Top Bottom