Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha, great title, I suppose the marketing people had a fit trying to strategize how to advertise an album called 'Good-Ass Job'. :D

You guys do know the album is a tribute to Twilight fan fiction, right?

At least he's rapping again.

I hate to be a killjoy, but I feel pretty meh about this so far. "Power" is ok, but really, there are countless songs that say what he's trying to say in more astute and interesting ways. I can never help but feel underwhelmed by Kanye, simply because there are so many other MCs who are head and shoulders above him. But, I do understand his contributions to the producing side of things. And, regardless of who's more talented than he is, I can't deny that the dude knows how to market himself exquisitely well.

What interests me more is the recent turn to hard rock-esque guitars being included in beats; Atmosphere's newest EPs mark a significant shift in that direction as well, with Ant's production moving from symphonic, horn-driven beats to these songs built on guitar riffs. Just a curious observation, I suppose.

I agree that Kanye's lyrics are typically pretty weak beyond the hook, but his production, mixing and sampling talents are unmatched.

And yes, I also enjoy the alternative rock sounds hitting the alternative hip-hop genre, Kid Cudi has a lot of these sounds as well which is part of what made me a fan of him.

At least he's rapping again.

Is he, though?

Runaway has about a half a verse from him, if you can even call it that. I like the song a lot, but still.

Power is better on that front, but I don't think this is going to be some big return to College Dropout style classic three verse hip hop. Runaway eliminates that possibility. I see this being a mix of all the styles he's worked with. It will, without question, be brilliantly produced. RZA is producing the opening track, called Dark Fantasy. And there will be a lot of (probably too many) guest verses.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to hear it.

Or there will definitely be a ton of guest verses, just go to the Wikipedia page and see how many guest artists have been confirmed. Unfortunately not a lot of them are the left-field non-hip-hop artists like the ones that made many memorable appearances on his first 3 albums, but Seal should make for a good moment.

Is he, though?

Runaway has about a half a verse from him, if you can even call it that. I like the song a lot, but still.

Power is better on that front, but I don't think this is going to be some big return to College Dropout style classic three verse hip hop. Runaway eliminates that possibility. I see this being a mix of all the styles he's worked with. It will, without question, be brilliantly produced. RZA is producing the opening track, called Dark Fantasy. And there will be a lot of (probably too many) guest verses.

Way to play the race card.

"GAF doesn't care about black people" was the original draft of his famous Katrina telethon moment, but Mike Myers thought it wiser to go after George Bush.

Kenny :drool:

Apparently there are a few leaked tracks from the album, not including the "Good Friday" stuff he's been putting out. I don't think I'm going to go out of my way to hunt down the songs. I'll probably just wait to hear the full thing.

Is he, though?

Way back in April, DJ Premier said the album as "all hard beats and rhyme," but based on Runaway, he might as well have referred to it as punk rock from Venus. I dunno. This album is going to be a genuine surprise, which is refreshing.

I have no idea what the titles of the songs are, but aside from interpretive dance going on behind him, I didn't care for the first song he did on SNL. The second song was ok though.

The first song he did is called "Power" and the second is called "Runaway."

He did an alternate version of "Power" because the original has a verse that begins with the lyrics:

"Fuck SNL and the whole cast. Tell 'em Yeezy said they can kiss my whole ass. More specifically, they can kiss my asshole..."

Has anyone seen the album cover?

300.west.cm.102710.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom