Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am. prrrrrobably should have put " " marks on either end. :lol:

now. just to clarify. in Blame Game, there is the girl who keeps saying "yeezy taught me". she was in a relationship with Kanye, but she is now cheating on him with Chris Rock, her former boyfriend, who is amazed at the things Kanye has taught her.

is that correct?

i am. prrrrrobably should have put " " marks on either end. :lol:

now. just to clarify. in Blame Game, there is the girl who keeps saying "yeezy taught me". she was in a relationship with Kanye, but she is now cheating on him with Chris Rock, her former boyfriend, who is amazed at the things Kanye has taught her.

is that correct?

Yes.

And I also love the bootlegger line.

Love All Of The Lights (Esp Rihanna's vocal and the frantic rhythm of the song) and So Appalled ( fukin ridiculous)

I was at a high school basketball game recently (for inscrutable reasons that would only make sense to an ageless being) and they played that song by Lil' Wayne where he continually says "fuck these niggas" and that he's gonna "pop that pussy." Only it was edited, so basically there were no lyrics at all. It was, needless to say, a bizarre choice.

In the late '90s, a Kid Rock/Metallica concert was broadcast live on Chicago radio. But the delay wasn't long enough to account for the wildly profane Kid Rock set. This meant that a looped instrumental track of "I Am the Bullgod" would play almost endlessly, whenever shit got too messy. Which meant it played almost endlessly, the entire time. Like, no shit. Not for 30 or 40 seconds, or even one or two minutes. It at one point played continuously for more than 15-20 minutes. I will tell you why.

The best parts were when the instrumental would drop out for just one or two seconds at a time, thereby giving you a fleeting, often incomprehensible idea of what was going on. Usually, it was just an unrecognizable beat, or some crowd noise or maybe somebody rapping four words. There was no way to tell what was actually going on, and it sounded chaotic only because of how randomly the snippets dropped. For whatever reason, the people in charge of the broadcast just couldn't get their shit together.

The single best part came when the "Bullgod" loop cut out at the worst possible moment, and you heard Kid Rock scream, "I'M FUCK FUCK FUCKIN' YOUR HOES, CUZ THEY KNOW WHO'S RUNNIN' THIS SHIT!!!!!!" From that point, the concert was no more than the "Bullgod" instrumental. At least 15-20 minutes, until Metallica came on. I didn't listen to their set, because I was only curious about how the fuck a commercial radio station was going to do a live broadcast of a Kid Rock concert. I'm glad that I found out. It was, at times, excruciating, but that wild outburst was cathartic as fuck. Not to mention hilarious.

I've been listening to the album for the last few days, enjoying it a lot. Love love love Monster :drool: My only quibble is that Runaway should have ended at 6 minute mark, and I plan to skip that stupid skit at the end of Blame Game every time I play the album. Blehhh. Otherwise I'm really happy that I got this on the strength of great reviews.

I reckon I've said Runaway is too long almost as much as Peef-a-lot has said the only bit he doesn't like in Pow Pow is the part where they actually say "pow pow".

I've also come around to the Chris Rock skit. It's pretty funny and as Mr. V said it makes sense in context.

Seriously how good are some of the lyrics to sing along to on this album?

I lost 30 mil / so I spent another 30 / cos unlike Hammer / 30 million can't hurt me / fuckin' insane / the fuck am I sayin'? / not only am I fly / I'm fuckin' not playin'

Champagne wishes and thirty white bitches / this shit is fuckin' ridiculous

How can you say they live life wrong / when you never fuck with the lights on

Don't get all the hate for Hell of a Life. Iron Man-aping chorus, and then that fucking arpeggio synth. Musically epic. Don't know what you fuckers are on about :drool:

Back
Top Bottom