Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's Kim's birthday, and he proposed at AT&T Park, which he rented for the night :lmao:

210y1ia.jpg

Great track, yeah. I hope the next Kanye album sounds like that/Bound 2. Not because I don't absolutely love Yeezus (of his 8 or so projects, I'd put it 4th), but because that's where his life is at right now and I think he would knock it out of the park.

White Dress was all "yeah, yeah, I could see myself settling down," and the music released after it is a sharp reaction to the realities of that new lifestyle. Yeezus, to me, feels like the bachelor party before the big day, with the hangover and trepidation included. It's the album he needed to make at that moment in time, just to get shit off his chest before he had a kid and got engaged. It's a very angry, bewildered record, almost a midlife crisis. I like to picture Bound 2 as Kanye coming to terms with all of that and moving on, hence its placement on the record.

:up: and agreed on all fronts, I'm staggered at how much I like Yeezus now compared to my initial reactions.

And x2 on hoping the next album sounds like White Dress/Bound 2.

I met a girl on Saturday night who was at his LA show last night. She went to the popup Yeezus shop too. I've rarely known envy quite like this. I'm actually half-seriously looking up the prices of flights to the States.

Well, it's really only a few dates of the show...for now. Probably going to mess up the Chicago dates. I wish they'd announce their plans now, because I could go for some refund money right about now.

That's cool. I really need the money right now, so if I can get a refund, maybe I'll be able to get better seats when it resumes. As it stands, I would have been going by myself because Ashley will be out of town, so this may be a blessing in disguise.

I forgot we had someone else here in the Chicago area.

If the show's not postponed, I could probably hook you up with my ticket, but it's a REALLY crappy seat, just so's you know.

Better get the tissues for the nosebleed now.

Seriously, ticket is yours if you want it.

I may have a friend in town who maaaay end up with an extra ticket for me anyway, but I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Drop me a PM when you know for sure, I don't want to hand it over to Ticket Oak if I don't absolutely have to.

Back
Top Bottom