Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks...Weird, that wasn't on the one I was looking at.

Hey guys, don't tell LeMel that I'm buying this, K? :shh:

Poor grammar aside, is there anyone else not feeling it?
It's not a masterpiece but there aren't many artists who can follow up a masterpiece with another one.

Kanye's made a highly enjoyable, daring, aggressive record with a few bangers on it. I wasn't asking for more.

I would be more concerned with him reading about you hitting on the new guy at work. :wink:

I had already heard that story, so purchasing a CD copy of something can go back to being the most disturbing thing I've read so far today.

Had my third listen to this last night, album is amazing and growing into a more cohesive and monstrous listen every time. Basically the entire first half (I didn't like Hold My Liquor very much at first, then I noticed the guitar solo) + Blood on the Leaves is grade-A Kanye. Guilt Trip and Bound 2 are dope too. I'm In It and Send It Up are the weak tracks and still way better than the shitty songs on past albums like Barry Bonds, Drunk and Hot Girls, See You In My Nightmares, etc. I don't see the album as being inconsistent at all because even the weaker tracks have some great qualities about them, even if they don't totally stick.

Not going to go on and on about "innovation" or whatever because I like this album for more reasons than just that, although it certainly is fresh and interesting.

ZPvqzjd.jpg

That note is awesome, but the price is awful. Maybe Cobbler's complaints about being a music fan in Australia have been deserved. I've probably spent about 3 hours at the Virgin Megastore in Sydney in my two trips there, and don't recall the prices being that outlandish.

I miss Virgin Megastore. :sad:

I don't believe they ever had a Seattle location, but I spent many hours (and dollars) in the San Francisco, Burbank, Sacramento, and New Orleans stores.

I hear you. I literally spent hours there every time I went to SLC. I can't imagine how much money I gave them over the years they were in Utah. I really miss the big Virgin / Tower Records type stores. Those have closed, the lesser name ones have closed (MediaPlay, FYE, Hastings), and even most of the indie stores have closed in Utah. I'm pretty much entirely an Amazon shopper now, with the rare thing picked up at a place like Best Buy or Target.

There is still a "flagship" FYE store in Silverdale about 20 minutes from me. They have a pretty good selection including a decent vinyl section.

I was in Wenatchee a couple of weeks ago. They still have a big free-standing Hastings, but I was really disappointed in their selection. Most of their floorspace has been given over to video games, toys, headphones, books, cheap guitars, etc. The CD and vinyl sections were tiny.

BLOOD ON THE LEAVES YEEZUS CHRlST GOOD GOLLY

lol I was expecting an all caps reaction from you dude :hi5:

Fantano thinks the album blows so I know it's OK to like it. I think the only album we've agreed on this year is Modern Vampires of the City.

I don't remember that one, but I'm In It was the only song I didn't really care for.

lol I was expecting an all caps reaction from you dude :hi5:

Son, all caps was an understatement on my part. I've listened to this four times now and I cannot get enough.

Feels good to be blown away by two new albums in one day.

I keep wondering if I should give Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy another chance. I don't even remember why I disliked it so much any more. Haven't listened to it in years.

Finally showed up on amazon as a cd so I ordered it. Should be here Thursday. As usual, I'm late to the party.

I literally spent hours there every time I went to SLC. I can't imagine how much money I gave them over the years they were in Utah.

I did too. In fact I remember spending a couple hours in Virgin waiting for the Kanye West/U2 concert to start in '05. I bet we've crossed paths at some point, mofo.

'Black Skinhead' is my favorite here. Not blown away by the album. In fact, I think I like it less than 808's at this point. (which I do like quite a bit)

Every time Justin Vernon pops up on this bitch I start WILDIN' THE FUCK OUT.

4th listen:
-Second half gives the album much of its character despite the album's awesome, blustery start, so if you're not liking it yet, give it another try; it has grown on me immensely, especially Guilt Trip
-Blood on the Leaves is 808s: Evolved
-It's tough to get past Hold My Liquor because the guitar solo is so beautiful
-I'd slightly adjust the sequencing to emphasize great transitions between Black Skinhead/New Slaves and Hold My Liquor/Blood on the Leaves:

1. On Sight
2. Black Skinhead
3. New Slaves
4. I Am A God
5. I'm In It
6. Hold My Liquor
7. Blood on the Leaves
8. Guilt Trip
9. Send It Up
10. Bound 2

One good girl is worth a thousand bitches. BOUND.

Back
Top Bottom