Kanye West discussion - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #676
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:04 AM
Haha yeah. That was the line that stood out to me, too.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #677
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:04 AM
That was a beautiful sentiment.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #678
The Male

Word from a KTT member (same guy who knew about the listening party a few weeks ago) who heard the track on Skype, All Day is a mixture of Niggas in Paris, Cold and Can't Tell Me Nothing. So basically, it's a banger. "It's an everywhere hit. By that, i mean, it'll be blaring at football games, basketball games, clubs, radio... it will be everywhere."

If I had to take a wild guess, Kanye will probably debut the song at the VMAs in August like he did with Runaway. We only know of a few performers right now, so he absolutely could be in there.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:30 AM   #679
45:33

Local Time: 03:04 AM
someone with a cold took a reasonably clear phone recording of two minutes of All Day Single Stream: Kanye West "All Day" (2014) | the AU review
Old 09-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #680

Alright so I thought I'd put my thoughts in here.

First up was Pusha T. Was seriously, seriously impressed. He was a terrific opening act. My favourite track of his is Pain, that piano sample/riff is to die for, so super stoked he played that. There wasn't a bad track though. Millions is a song I didn't know but it was awesome and the one-two of Nosetalgia-Numbers on the Boards was dope as hell. He also did snippets of So Appalled and New God Flow, which was fucking sick.

Kanye came out at 8:52, was nice that we didn't have to wait too long after Push. Opened with Black Skinhead, which was sick though I thought it started a bit slow, either he was getting drowned out by the crowd or they didn't have his mic up, but it got better, and fuck, it is SICK watching him do those loud, primal screams really angrily. Just set the tone for a great opening portion. On Sight has quickly become one of my favourite Kanye songs and it did not disappoint, though he extended the soul sample that cuts between the verses which I felt lessened the impact slightly, but minor, really irrelevant complaint. Never been a big fan of I Don't Like but it was good, Mercy and Cold were both sick.

Can't Tell Me Nothing was the first of the older material. It's weird, I probably don't like it as much as other Kanye fans do, probably because I never came on board until MBDTF.

The next section was fucking brilliant, and was the highlight of the night for me until the end, which I'll get to. New Slaves is just such a fucking boss song, and again, it's just so thrilling watching him get really angry with it. The crowd started singing Power as soon as the drum clap started, which was really cool, and then came Stronger - which was a true fucking highlight. Dunno if any of you have seen him lately and I don't know how much he's changed up the show since y'all saw him last year, but Stronger is played skin-and-bones; heavy fucking bass, and much of the production stripped back, and it was fucking brilliant. Didn't do my favourite bit ("you know long I been on ya...") but was still sick. Blood on the Leaves... we'll come back to that. Heartless was also great, again, stripped right back and Kanye let the crowd do most of the singing.

Me, personally, I love his rants and I love the moments where he speaks to the crowd, so I was actually a bit disappointed with Runaway, as it only went 13 minutes and his rant was a bit sub-par. Very cool though, with the full-face mask, and it's a great song - and Pusha did his bit which was sick - and I reeeeeeally want one of those pads programmed with the "whogotyawhogotyawhogotya" bit.

Had forgotten how good Ye's verse on Clique was, that was sick. The Cruel Summer tracks were a welcome addition. Diamonds, like Can't Tell Me Nothing, I don't love as much as other fans, and it was a little hard to hear, still sick though. Jesus Walks I've also never been a huuuuuge fan of, it's great live though. All Falls Down-Touch the Sky-All the Lights-Good Life-Gold Digger was a great run, a lot of fun, aside from the fuckwit next to me, who took like a 10-minute video. All of the Lights in particular is so fucking great. A-grade fucking mainstream hip-hop. Hate to say it but I thought Bound 2 was probably the lowlight of the night (was like a 7/10 compared to 9-10-11/10). The lead-in was fun (some bloke has a video of me singing Charlie Wilson's bits for like 30 seconds) but the song itself just fell a bit flat, didn't really translate very well to an arena with the massive screen behind him, and the production was also a little loud, and Kanye sort of seemed to be just getting through it, it lacked a bit of personality. Still fun though, and an undeniably great song.

but then.
BUT THEN.
if you don't read the rest of my review, fine. but read this shit.

Kanye comes back out, and starts playing Blood on the Leaves, having teased the first half of it earlier in the show. And again I don't know if this is new or not, but he instructs the crowd to create a massive circle pit before the songs starts, and then for the crowd to go fucking nuts when the beat drops (and what a FUCKING MASSIVE beat that is). Like, he literally tells the crowd to start pushing the people next to him. Potentially dangerous? Without a doubt. But I'm so fucking glad he does it, my god it's so much fucking fun. So he got us to do it earlier in the show and I just hung back, and the FIRST time he played Blood on the Leaves I hung back too. But the second time he played it he was like "make the circle bigger", so we did, and then I got into it. IT WAS FUCKING NUTS AND SO MUCH FUCKING FUN. Like it's a fucking wild song and it just takes on a whole 'nother level live. Then he played it again and finished it.

and then.
AND THEN.

the unmistakable Niggas in Paris beat starts up. He played it at least four or five times, every time the circle getting much bigger. I lost both my shoes in one of the all-in mosh pits. Just fucking nuts.

I haven't had that much fun at a gig in a long time. I was completely unexpecting that ending and it was just fucking perfect. And I was just smiling for so long afterwards, that he put on such a fucking fun, great, awesome, sick show. Legendary.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #681

I know we're all very excited about U2, but anyone who's seen the Yeezus Tour, is the mosh new?

Also I forgot to post about the end of my night: had a drink at a pub without shoes with two girls on acid.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #682
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:04 AM
Kanye West discussion

No mosh in September. P sure he started doing it at Outside Lands, because if he'd done it at X Games, I'm sure we'd have had a security meeting the following Monday.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #683
The Male

He's been encouraging "the circle" throughout this leg. Definitely saw it during the Made In America live stream.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #684
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:04 AM
Yeah I heard something about it after Made in America but nothing that detailed.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:40 AM   #685

Kanye's press while here has made me fucking livid.

First there was a (true) report that he was hospitalised and had to have an MRI. But that came with (completely false) reports that everyone was made to clear out the hospital. My mate's sister was working that night and she said not only was no other patient inconvenienced, but he and his entourage were better to deal with than AFL football clubs.

And then there is this claim that he abused wheelchair-bound fans at a few of his shows. Literally every single headline I've seen has been along the lines of "Kanye West Abuses Fans In Wheelchairs", which is complete and utter bullshit. He stopped Good Life because people were sitting down and said everyone had to stand up (which 1) should be applauded and 2) I've seen Matt Berninger among countless others ask of a crowd ffs). And he saw some people still sitting down. But once he realised they were in a wheelchair, he was like "well obviously that's cool, you can sit, everyone else gotta stand tho". But every single music blog and pathetic news website is reporting it as if he pointed out a wheelchair-bound fan and said "get out of your wheelchair and stand up".

I had to take a sabbatical from FB today, I got so fucking annoyed.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #686
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:04 PM
Great review cobbler. I so hope he comes here. Still no sign of a European leg yet.

As for your last post. Someone posted it on my wall as well. I just laugh with it, you know. Kanye West is an entertaining man. I don't care if everyone think he's a dick or if he's actually one.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #687
Blue Crack Distributor

I laughed at the story, it was a douchebag move. Guys not a saint, he never will be. Roll with your fandom, but realize he'll never stop catching flak. His bed, he made it.

If the story I read is correct, there were two separate moments of: everyone get up and dance! And then hey, you two, get up damn it! Only to discover in the latter incident the person had a prosthetic.

It's just one of a million stories, man... Can't let that shit get you down, or I don't know how you survive supporting him.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #688
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:04 PM
Fuck that, I say he embraces the batshit crazy and starts making promises that he's going to heal them of their handicaps through rap. Go with the God angle to the extreme on that one. In what way would that be any more damaging than preachers who actually get people to believe that faith can heal them?
Old 09-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #689

Old 09-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #690
The Fly

Local Time: 11:04 AM
at least he causes a storm.

and he loves Kimmy.

Tags
kanye west