Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
toshoweryr7-1.jpg

I felt like the main character [in Twelve Years a Slave]. And what I’m dealing with even as a mega-popular rich celebrity, you know, ‘Fuck you, who do you think you are to complain about anything?’ situation that I’m in. In the past when I’ve dealt with attempting to create in other fields, or attempting to create in clothing. I’ve kind of been on this campaign that started with, ironically, my song, ‘New Slaves.’ Where I was sitting in Paris and dealing with all of these companies that I had promoted, and I saw my friends promote it. And the reason, literally, why they would sell on Barneys’ floors is because me and Jay Z and everyone wore it. It’d be something that maybe I kind of discovered four years before then me and Don C started putting it on-trend.
Then you start doing more research and say, ‘Hey, I want to be a part of the creative conversation and be able to make money off of that also.’ They stop you right there and say, ‘You can’t be a part of that conversation,’ or they’ll give you a one-off. At Louis Vuitton I did one shoe. At Nike I did two shoes but they spread them apart over four years and they had the most impact possible. I kind of saw that side of what it was, as a creative, to be free, the parallel to the main character in Twelve Years a Slave. When it was taken away from me, it felt like what it felt like as a creative to be enslaved.”

lo-ford01-jpg.jpg

I felt like the main character [in Twelve Years a Slave]. And what I’m dealing with even as a mega-popular rich celebrity, you know, ‘Fuck you, who do you think you are to complain about anything?’ situation that I’m in. In the past when I’ve dealt with attempting to create in other fields, or attempting to create in clothing. I’ve kind of been on this campaign that started with, ironically, my song, ‘New Slaves.’ Where I was sitting in Paris and dealing with all of these companies that I had promoted, and I saw my friends promote it. And the reason, literally, why they would sell on Barneys’ floors is because me and Jay Z and everyone wore it. It’d be something that maybe I kind of discovered four years before then me and Don C started putting it on-trend.
Then you start doing more research and say, ‘Hey, I want to be a part of the creative conversation and be able to make money off of that also.’ They stop you right there and say, ‘You can’t be a part of that conversation,’ or they’ll give you a one-off. At Louis Vuitton I did one shoe. At Nike I did two shoes but they spread them apart over four years and they had the most impact possible. I kind of saw that side of what it was, as a creative, to be free, the parallel to the main character in Twelve Years a Slave. When it was taken away from me, it felt like what it felt like as a creative to be enslaved.”

I made reference to this awhile back, I knew he would say it,

what's amazing about the guy, not much

At trivia last night, they used Bound 2 in the 'Crap Song Corner' question, where you've gotta guess the song and artist. I was fucking fuming that such an incredible song be used in that question, but then I turnt the pub the fuck up when I got up and sang and rapped the entire song, chickens included, for an extra five points.

For all of the folks criticizing the Bound 2 video, they should check out Bound 1 with Ray J.

So apparently, Bound 2 is Kanye's highest charting solo song since Runaway. It hit #12 this week.

Infuriating how many people think this is real.

Kanye West: ‘I Am The Next Nelson Mandela’ - The Daily Currant

I admit, when I saw the headline, I did for a second think it might be real, because he has said some pretty outrageous things recently... but I've always been able to see where he's coming from. Having watched most of his long interviews lately there is no way he'd say something like "I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever." But then I saw that it was the Daily Currant. But I've seen so many people share it and go on a rant about him.

Infuriating how many people think this is real.

Kanye West: ‘I Am The Next Nelson Mandela’ - The Daily Currant

I admit, when I saw the headline, I did for a second think it might be real, because he has said some pretty outrageous things recently... but I've always been able to see where he's coming from. Having watched most of his long interviews lately there is no way he'd say something like "I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever." But then I saw that it was the Daily Currant. But I've seen so many people share it and go on a rant about him.

Knowing Kanye West as he is, this could perfectly be real.

Back
Top Bottom