Kanye West discussion - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #271
Refugee

Local Time: 07:34 PM
I love that Kanye is a public figure who says ridiculous shit then gets bent of shape over someone who's JOB it is to ridicule public figures. It's like a perpetual motion machine of awesome.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #272
45:33

Local Time: 06:34 AM
I can't wait to sit down in the coming days and watch/listen to the whole Zane Lowe interview.

The skit made me chuckle a little, but Kimmel's whole lead-in was extraordinarily unfunny.

Shit I love Kanye. I'm glad I have four or five others here who share my blind love for the man.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bollox View Post
I love that Kanye is a public figure who says ridiculous shit then gets bent of shape over someone who's JOB it is to ridicule public figures. It's like a perpetual motion machine of awesome.
Honestly, that's one of the reasons I love the dude so much. It's easy to clown on the guy, but the fact of the matter is no one is as refreshingly real and raw and candid as he is. He's so unapologetically himself. He pours so much energy into everything he does and is so genuinely passionate about his projects.

I'd rather watch his Zane Lowe interview 1000 times than the shitty Letterman/Boner thing in which nothing of substance was said.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #274
The Male

Local Time: 11:34 AM
As a fellow musician, I do have mad respect for Kanye. I love that he isn't a dilettante for art and fashion but pours himself into those scenes like he does everything else, even though his work in those fields isn't as celebrated. He seems like the kind of person who, if he didn't have some sort of creative outlet, would completely lose his mind. Typically, that results in the best work.

I do feel sorry for Kanye fans who look up to him as a person because he always disappoints on a basic human level, but then I think it's usually best to know nothing about your favorite artists. It's a disservice to Kanye that he's under the microscope so often.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #275

I am the nucleus.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #276
The Male

I am Pac.

Now.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Honestly, that's one of the reasons I love the dude so much. It's easy to clown on the guy, but the fact of the matter is no one is as refreshingly real and raw and candid as he is. He's so unapologetically himself. He pours so much energy into everything he does and is so genuinely passionate about his projects.

I'd rather watch his Zane Lowe interview 1000 times than the shitty Letterman/Boner thing in which nothing of substance was said.
Did you find yourself utterly enthralled by the 30-minute version of Runaway and extended versions of the 808 tracks on the last tour?
Old 09-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #278
The Male

BTW, the New Slaves beat used on Zane Lowe was absolutely terrifying. And the vocal layering on BOTL was fantastic. Great performances all around; the hype for the tour is reaching critical mass right about now.

Now.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #279
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Did you find yourself utterly enthralled by the 30-minute version of Runaway and extended versions of the 808 tracks on the last tour?
I thought "Runaway" was pure emotion, loved the performance. And I don't recall any of the 808s songs being extended, not noticeably so at least.

Memories of that show are what have me thinking of dropping all that money on a ticket for December when I'll probably end up seeing him at a festival next year anyway.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #280

Oh man, Say You Will went for 10 minutes at the gig I saw, he went on this hilarious tangent about how he was flirting with some girl over text. Runaway was great, felt sorry for the dancer though.

I'll definitely part with a lot next time he's out here, if that happens again. Can't believe I've technically seen him twice... he opened for U2 in 06, when I wasn't interested. Idiot.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #281
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:34 PM
That whole Jimmy Kimmel business is just incredibly hilarious. Kanye must be the most entertaining person on the planet.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #282
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I think it's usually best to know nothing about your favorite artists.
nothing? perhaps next to nothing or little

and yes, art was better when it was about the art, and not about the artist 24/7
Old 09-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #283
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
Honestly, that's one of the reasons I love the dude so much. It's easy to clown on the guy, but the fact of the matter is no one is as refreshingly real and raw and candid as he is.
But he's so goddamn ignorant and dumb that all the rest of it goes out the window. If I need to tolerate a man's stupidity for a little candor, I'd rather not bother. There's little substance there
Old 09-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #284
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm not sure he's ignorant and dumb so much as socially inept, which is something that would be made so much worse living life under such media scrutiny.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #285
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
But he's so goddamn ignorant and dumb that all the rest of it goes out the window. If I need to tolerate a man's stupidity for a little candor, I'd rather not bother. There's little substance there
For me, he's more or less become this generation's Eminem. Only difference is I actually liked Kanye's music at one point.

Tags
kanye west