Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I quit one of my jobs last week, I was too relieved to hear less Adam Levine to plan an elaborate dance exit.

Sometimes I think Complex is a lowkey Kanye fansite, but this list just dropped and look at #1 (#2 is also correct):

Best Rap Albums of Last 5 Years | Complex

And then there's #8 on this list of greatest albums of all time, above 36 Chambers and Illmatic (which is pushing it tbh):

Entertainment Weekly‘s 100 Greatest Albums Ever - Stereogum

And #353 here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/l...st-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-20120524

MBDTF is going down as a canon hip-hop classic. I think the only question at this point is whether it gets #1 on Pitchfork's best of '10s list or gets an honorary Super #1.

I quit my job the other week and got everyone pizza. Maybe I should have worn a Go-Pro and poured lighter fluid everywhere.

Maybe so. Apparently that girl has already received a number of job offers from competitors.

I don't know why someone would hire a person willing to throw their company under the bus if it so served them, but apparently she has talent.

Yeezy will apparently appear on Jimmy Kimmel tomorrow night where we'll likely find out that their Twitter "feud" last week was a publicity stunt.

They both swear it wasn't:

Kanye West On Jimmy Kimmel Live (Full Interview) Part 1 of 2 - YouTube

Kanye West On Jimmy Kimmel Live (Full Interview) Part 2 of 2 - YouTube

Woooooowww Kanye is all over the place here. He felt like preaching tonight. Some quotes:

Jimmy: Do you really think I look like Spongebob?
Yeezy: Well, it's the first thing that came to mind, so, you know.

"No matter how many people tell me stop 'believing in yourself, stop saying what you can do, stop affirming what you’re gonna do and then completing that and then completing that in real life, that’s the improper way to do it.' I refuse to follow those rules that society has set up in the way that they control people with low self-esteem with improper information, with branding, with marketing. I refuse to follow those rules."

"So when I compare myself to Steve Jobs or Walt Disney, Howard Hughes, David Stern, Michaelangelo, Da Vinci, Jesus or whatever it is. I’m saying these are my heroes. These are people that I look up to. This is the type of impact I want to make on the earth."

"You're gonna love me, you're gonna hate me...but I'mma be me."

yeah, all over the place

some of those places are; pompous, delusional, arrogant and idiotic

"I want to shout out to stars of the Walk of Fame real quickly cuz they said something about they're not going to put my girl on the walk of fame because, you know, she's a reality star," West said. "It's like people are so, so dated...There's no way that Kim Kardashian shouldn't have a star on the Walk of Fame."

Just watched the interview. The last five minutes, holy shit.

There's no one like him.

You guys see this?

After 8 Years, Kanye West's "Gone" Debuts On Billboard Charts

His songs that have charted equal or higher - Through the Wire (15), Slow Jamz (1), All Falls Down (7), Jesus Walks (11), Gold Digger (1), Stronger (1), Good Life (7), Love Lockdown (3), Heartless (2), Runaway (12), Monster (18), All of the Lights (18), Otis (12), Niggas in Paris (5), Mercy (13), Clique (12).

Pretty remarkable.

You guys see this?

After 8 Years, Kanye West's "Gone" Debuts On Billboard Charts

His songs that have charted equal or higher - Through the Wire (15), Slow Jamz (1), All Falls Down (7), Jesus Walks (11), Gold Digger (1), Stronger (1), Good Life (7), Love Lockdown (3), Heartless (2), Runaway (12), Monster (18), All of the Lights (18), Otis (12), Niggas in Paris (5), Mercy (13), Clique (12).

Pretty remarkable.

And it's easily one of the best songs in that group.

And if you ever flip sides like Anakin, you can take everything including the mannequin. Got a new bitch, now you Jennifer Aniston.

LETS RANK THE SONGS ON YEEZUS.

On Sight (went from least to most fav)
New Slaves
Bound 2
Blkkk Skkkn Head
I Am A God
Guilt Trip
Blood on the Leaves
I'm In It
Can't Handle My Liquor
Send it Up

Can't Handle My Liquor? No wonder you hate that song, you're listening to a different track from the rest of us.

Blood on the Leaves
Black Skinhead
Guilt Trip
Hold My Liquor
New Slaves
Bound 2
On Sight
I Am A God
I'm In It
Send It Up

I knew that was wrong. I like Kanye's parts but not much else. The solo's nothing to write home about, Chief Keef is boring and Justin Vernon doesn't add much.

Bound 2
On Sight
Blood on the Leaves
Hold My Liquor
I'm in It
Black Skinhead
New Slaves
I Am a God
Guilt Trip
Send It Up

SHABBA DA DEE TWEE TWEE

On Sight
Black Skinhead
Bound 2

^ Definitely my three favorites. Three of my favorite Kanye songs period.

New Slaves
I'm In It
I Am A God
Hold My Liquor
Blood On The Leaves
Send It Up
Guilt Trip

New Slaves
On Sight
I Am A God
Blood On the Leaves
Black Skinhead
Bound 2
Hold My Liguor
Send It Up
I'm In It
Guilt Trip

I'll bite:

Blood on the Leaves
Black Skinhead
Hold My Liquor
Bound 2
New Slaves
On Sight
I'm in It
I Am A God
Guilt Trip
Send It Up

1. Blood on the Leaves
2. Black Skinhead

tumblr_m8o3vtsTuS1ryfrfko1_500.gif

You can all get fucked. I hope you arseholes realise how goddam lucky you are. You're going to get to see Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West and now Flying Lotus is doing something, which will be incredible, whatever it is.

Of all of Kanye West’s myriad personality flaws and tics, his biggest one might be this: the dude can’t accept the fact he’s a flaming asshole. Yeezus Christ, man, the crown fits, so why don’t you once and for all proudly wear it?

Instead, West has repeatedly shown himself to be that guy who gets belligerently bombed at the house party and then spends the next day phoning everyone to apologize.

Take, for example, Mr. Kim Kardashian’s recent troubles with Jimmy Kimmel. By all accounts, West and the man whose balls used to rest on Sarah Silverman’s chin have some sort of relationship, having even hung out at weddings. That didn’t stop the rapper from going apeshit after Jimmy Kimmel Live! decided to spoof a Yeezy BBC interview.

If you can’t go 17.3 seconds without checking Twitter, you’re probably familiar with the back story. West had originally gone on BBC Radio 1 with Zane Lowe to share his views on who is the Number 1 rock star on the planet (Kanye West!), who is fascinating enough to star in a real-life remake of The Truman Show (Kanye West!), and who is the only person in the world who appreciates the genius idea of leather jogging pants (Kanye West!).

Kimmel responded to this by hiring two milkshake-slurping kids to recreate the more surreal parts of the interview. Like, everything, including the part about leather jogging pants.

That’s when shit got interesting, with Yeezy going on a Twitter rampage that made Courtney Love seem sane.

Highlights? That would include later-deleted Tweets like “JIMMY KIMMEL PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES … OH NO THAT MEANS YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TOO MUCH GOOD PUSSY IN YOUR LIFE…” and the two-part “I LIKE YOU, YOU KNOW ME, I WENT TO YOUR FAMILY’S WEDDING….WHO YOU MADE IT CLEAR TO ME WASN’T YOUR FAMILY WHEN I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH YOU 5 MINUTES AGO, YOU MANIPULATIVE MEDIA MUTHERFUCKER.”

That said Tweets were ALL IN CAPS proves that West was either really, really angry, or that he is unclear how the caps-lock function works on his iPad.

Where it’s hard to respect West is that the guy doesn’t have the stomach to be a full-time world-class dick. Every time he acts like the kind of riot dinnnk that makes Fred Durst seem like a decent human being, he ends up immediately repenting.

Remember that time he jumped up on-stage at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards during Taylor Swift’s best female video acceptance speech for “You Belong With Me”? If you are going to rip the mike out of the hands of America’s reigning pop-music sweetheart, inform her that “Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time”, and flip off the crowd when everyone starts booing, the least you can do is own it. Instead, West apologized up the ying-yang—to Swift’s mother immediately backstage, on his blog (twice!), and, in the ultimate embarrassment, on The Jay Leno Show.

Remember how West went UFC on photographer Daniel Ramos at LAX this past July, this leading to battery charges? This past week, he’s seen fit to apologize, blaming news that his grandfather was dying for putting him in a bad mood.

If West isn’t backtracking on his comment “George Bush doesn’t care about black people,” he’s asking forgiveness afterwards for crashing the stage at the 2006 MTV Europe Music Video Awards to argue that his video for “Touch the Sky” kicked the Euro-trash ass of both Justice and Simian.

You know what the problem is here? It isn’t that West is firmly convinced that he is God. (Or, more accurately Jesus, as evidenced by titling his latest record Yeezus.)

West has some desperate need to be liked, hence his popping up on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last week after his Twitter rant. Predictably, he was there to make peace. As such he didn’t flinch when Kimmel told him that people think he’s a jerk. West did, however, rant about everything from how Kanye West is just like Muhammad Ali to how Kim Kardashian deserves a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Even though he’s yet to apologize for it, he came across as an asshole.

Of all of Kanye West’s myriad personality flaws and tics, his biggest one might be this: the dude can’t accept the fact he’s a flaming asshole. Yeezus Christ, man, the crown fits, so why don’t you once and for all proudly wear it?

Instead, West has repeatedly shown himself to be that guy who gets belligerently bombed at the house party and then spends the next day phoning everyone to apologize.

Take, for example, Mr. Kim Kardashian’s recent troubles with Jimmy Kimmel. By all accounts, West and the man whose balls used to rest on Sarah Silverman’s chin have some sort of relationship, having even hung out at weddings. That didn’t stop the rapper from going apeshit after Jimmy Kimmel Live! decided to spoof a Yeezy BBC interview.

If you can’t go 17.3 seconds without checking Twitter, you’re probably familiar with the back story. West had originally gone on BBC Radio 1 with Zane Lowe to share his views on who is the Number 1 rock star on the planet (Kanye West!), who is fascinating enough to star in a real-life remake of The Truman Show (Kanye West!), and who is the only person in the world who appreciates the genius idea of leather jogging pants (Kanye West!).

Kimmel responded to this by hiring two milkshake-slurping kids to recreate the more surreal parts of the interview. Like, everything, including the part about leather jogging pants.

That’s when shit got interesting, with Yeezy going on a Twitter rampage that made Courtney Love seem sane.

Highlights? That would include later-deleted Tweets like “JIMMY KIMMEL PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES … OH NO THAT MEANS YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TOO MUCH GOOD PUSSY IN YOUR LIFE…” and the two-part “I LIKE YOU, YOU KNOW ME, I WENT TO YOUR FAMILY’S WEDDING….WHO YOU MADE IT CLEAR TO ME WASN’T YOUR FAMILY WHEN I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH YOU 5 MINUTES AGO, YOU MANIPULATIVE MEDIA MUTHERFUCKER.”

That said Tweets were ALL IN CAPS proves that West was either really, really angry, or that he is unclear how the caps-lock function works on his iPad.

Where it’s hard to respect West is that the guy doesn’t have the stomach to be a full-time world-class dick. Every time he acts like the kind of riot dinnnk that makes Fred Durst seem like a decent human being, he ends up immediately repenting.

Remember that time he jumped up on-stage at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards during Taylor Swift’s best female video acceptance speech for “You Belong With Me”? If you are going to rip the mike out of the hands of America’s reigning pop-music sweetheart, inform her that “Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time”, and flip off the crowd when everyone starts booing, the least you can do is own it. Instead, West apologized up the ying-yang—to Swift’s mother immediately backstage, on his blog (twice!), and, in the ultimate embarrassment, on The Jay Leno Show.

Remember how West went UFC on photographer Daniel Ramos at LAX this past July, this leading to battery charges? This past week, he’s seen fit to apologize, blaming news that his grandfather was dying for putting him in a bad mood.

If West isn’t backtracking on his comment “George Bush doesn’t care about black people,” he’s asking forgiveness afterwards for crashing the stage at the 2006 MTV Europe Music Video Awards to argue that his video for “Touch the Sky” kicked the Euro-trash ass of both Justice and Simian.

You know what the problem is here? It isn’t that West is firmly convinced that he is God. (Or, more accurately Jesus, as evidenced by titling his latest record Yeezus.)

West has some desperate need to be liked, hence his popping up on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last week after his Twitter rant. Predictably, he was there to make peace. As such he didn’t flinch when Kimmel told him that people think he’s a jerk. West did, however, rant about everything from how Kanye West is just like Muhammad Ali to how Kim Kardashian deserves a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Even though he’s yet to apologize for it, he came across as an asshole.

You forgot to give credit where it's due again:

http://www.straight.com/music/503121/kanye-west-needs-accept-fact-hes-asshole

It's ok, we're all a little forgetful sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom