Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
I have no idea how I missed this until just now.

Kanye West's New LP Title, Release Date Listed Online - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

After premiering his new song "Love Lockdown," at the VMAs on Sunday Kanye West may be capitalizing on the song's instant acclaim. The track is rumored to be on the new LP that interview-shy West has been keeping mum about, but a title and release date for the LP were listed on Amazon.com and Target.com Wednesday (September 10).

The retail sites have posted presale info for 808's & Heartbreak, listing a sale price of $13.98 and release date of December 16. At press time, a spokesperson for Def Jam could not be reached for confirmation or further comment.

(On Wednesday, Kanye posted an MP3 and single artwork for the song on his blog.)

West sang "Love Lockdown" again on Tuesday night, to a much smaller crowd at New York's Knitting Factory, in a surprise set of classics and fresh-off-the-press bangers. He performed "Flashing Lights," "Swagger Like Us," "Put On" and "Can't Tell Me Nothing" in the intimate club, where the lineup featured Q-Tip and artists from 'Ye's G.O.O.D. Music record label, including Consequence and G.L.C.

In a recent interview with MTV News, T-Pain said he's been "going back and forth" with West in the studio over the past couple of months, but there is no confirmation that any of Pain's work will appear on Kanye's album.

"He'll call me to his room; I'll do a hook for him," T-Pain said. "I'll go back down, probably make a couple beats. I'll call him down: 'Yo, do a verse for me real quick.' He'll go back up; he'll make something, call me back up."

Besides working on his next LP, West has been producing Jay-Z's Blueprint 3 — which the pair premiered a track from at Kanye's Madison Square Garden show last month — and he appears on upcoming LPs by T-Pain (Thr33 Ringz), DJ Khaled (We Global) and T.I. (Paper Trail).

This sounds only marginally more believable than No Line On The Horizon's previous November 18th release date did, but hey, I'm thrilled if it's true. I've really liked all three of his albums, and '08 needs all the help it can get. TV On The Radio, Killers, and Kanye to finish up the year would be quite awesome. :up:

Also, the first "single" from the album, Love Lockdown, can be heard here:

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=206428_-1__0_~0_-1_5_2008_0_0&em3161=&em3281=

I really dig Kanye, but this song didn't excite me too much.

But a new album, a year after the stellar Graduation? Count me in.

I really dig Kanye, but this song didn't excite me too much.

But a new album, a year after the stellar Graduation? Count me in.

Yeah, me neither, but I have a feeling that it's not finished. This version is an update of sorts. The next step should be a freestyle which, along with some more prevalent percussion, would really get the song going. It has a great foundation, but if that's all there is, it sounds a little boring.

Yeah, me neither, but I have a feeling that it's not finished. This version is an update of sorts. The next step should be a freestyle which, along with some more prevalent percussion, would really get the song going. It has a great foundation, but if that's all there is, it sounds a little boring.

I knew something was missing but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Speaking of Kanye, one of the only songs on the radio I absolutely love right now is "American Boy." That's such a sick dance track, I love it.

Wow, that new song is bad. Did he even rap on it? I didn't hear a verse in there. That shit is stale.

For me he has gotten progressively worse since College Dropout, which I think is one of the best albums of the decade. The production never fails but I just don't find his newer stuff to be as fresh and, when he actually raps, his verses aren't as strong as they were on College Dropout. I'll still give the new album a listen but...meh.

I knew something was missing but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Speaking of Kanye, one of the only songs on the radio I absolutely love right now is "American Boy." That's such a sick dance track, I love it.

Yeah, that song has a fantastic beat, and Kanye actually delivers a very competent verse.

Wow, that new song is bad. Did he even rap on it? I didn't hear a verse in there. That shit is stale.

For me he has gotten progressively worse since College Dropout, which I think is one of the best albums of the decade. The production never fails but I just don't find his newer stuff to be as fresh and, when he actually raps, his verses aren't as strong as they were on College Dropout. I'll still give the new album a listen but...meh.

GAF, I'll have to disagree with you there, but I can see what you're saying. His production and song composition skills have gotten more polished as he's gone on, but I still really enjoy his verse. Graduation is my favorite of his for this reason.

I defy anyone to tell me "Flashing Lights" or "I Wonder" aren't two of his best songs. The gloves have come off, fellas.

Yeah, that song has a fantastic beat, and Kanye actually delivers a very competent verse.

Indeed. Too bad he's a raging asshole though.

I've been following this pretty closely, and I have to say I was originally disappointed in the change of direction. Apparently only two or three tracks on the album feature Kanye actually rapping. Disappointing because, to me, his ability to put together a sharp and clever verse was the top reason that I became a fan of his.

But, now that I've figured out what he's trying to do with this album, I've become more optimistic. Also, there's a song off the album called 'Robocop' that has surfaced and it's pretty good.

I just did a remix project of "Love Lockdown", some sort of odd hip hop meets swing music idea I was going with. That and transforming the vocals so that Kanye, what sounds like a little kid version of him, and an old blues singer trade off on the vocals.

As for the album, autotune needs to go away, but to me Kanye's strengths are his beats and mixing, not usually his lyrics. I'm interested but not eagerly anticipating it. Liked a bunch of tracks on each of his albums, but never really listen to any of them in a row.

I'm not afraid to say I'm extremely excited for this. Kanye's Sea Change/Blood on the Tracks in the year that I suffered my worst breakup of all time? Sign me up.

I can get behind "Heartless" and can sure as hell get behind the video, but "Love Lockdown" still disappoints me.

Love Lockdown took time with me, but I can appreciate the style he's gone for with it. That said, I wouldn't want to hear a whole album in the same vein. More 'Graduation' is good.

ETA: I haven't actually checked the new material out yet.

How can anything named "Robocop" not be awesome... besides Robocop 2 and Robocop 3.

How can anything named "Robocop" not be awesome

2194956631_595eaed93b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom