Just when you thought it was safe, comes another IWB Street Dogs thread. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:05 AM
lists

all the "mixes" i've made lately have been restriction-less ipod messes. i really miss mix tapes.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #17
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 07:05 AM
I've been thinking it would be funny to make people legitimate mix tapes so they have to go out and buy a tape player to actually listen to them.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I've been thinking it would be funny to make people legitimate mix tapes so they have to go out and buy a tape player to actually listen to them.

i still own a tape player.

and a vcr!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #19
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
i still own a tape player.

and a vcr!
Friggin' hippies.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

yes, with our out-dated technologies and long hair...wtf is that all about?

i'm still watching tv on the 13inch non-flatscreen cube i bought for 40 bucks 7 or 8 years ago...i really can't justify buying a new tv when this one still works and i could always just go watch shit in the living room on our 73" beast.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

here we go.

1. Savin Hill
2. Cutdown on the 12th
3. You Alone
4. 2 Bottles
5. Tale of Mass Deception
6. In Defense of Dorchester
7. Rattle and Roll
8. Up the Union
9. There is Power in a Union
10. The General's Boombox
11. Declaration
12. Not Without a Purpose
13. Kevin J. O'Toole
14. Stagger
15. 2 Angry Kids
16. Punk Rock and Roll
17. Fading American Dream
18. Jakes
19. Common People
20. Fighter
21. Shards of Life
22. Katie Bar the Door
23. Yesterday
24. Back to the World
25. Patrick
26. Hard Luck Kid
27. Oh Father
28. A State of Grace
29. In Stereo
30. Drink Tonight
31. Free

90 min of pure street dogs-y goodness, iwb-style. yeah, there were a couple savin hill tracks i had to cut, i really wanted "where it ends," "last call," and "modern day labor anthem" on here, as well as an assortment of other songs from most of the albums (stirke a blow, into the valley, elizabeth, and a few more). but in the interest of playing by UL's vague parameters of keeping it kind of balanced, they didn't make the list. no big deal, really, because the songs i put on there from the new album i really, really fucking like. and actually, i'm finding i think it's a pretty solid album. way better than my initial reaction. in defense of dorchester is still the classic "hometown anthem"-theme song for me, and rattle and roll doesn't even come close--something i think is made even more glaringly apparent putting them back to back, but i kind of thought they needed to be like that. kind of like how it had to start with savin hill, and then cutdown couldn't go anywhere but right after.

common people is supposed to start side 2 if this was on a tape, and katie bar the door end the first. shards and fighter at the very least would probably have to be moved, but until i get a tape player with a record button (because i'm down to just a walkman since the recorder/player i got for my 8th birthday finally shit the bed. it was truly a sad day when that happened, let me tell you. that thing took so much abuse) that consideration will have to be purely hypothetical.

oh yeah, and it should really just go without saying that the version of fighter is the original. i still see no reason whatsoever for them re-recording that.

and i have a confession to make. i never did pick up the "war after the war" mp3. i've heard it, but i still need to get that. i'm a bad fan.

edit: hmmm...."bobby powers" is about 6 different kinds of awesome. ok, swap out shards for that...and we come to the problem that all my lists always eventually develop. that whole way that they have of changing 5 minutes after i make them.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

gonna keep talking to myself for now. it's official, the new album has grown on me. i'm thinking it's more solid as an album than state of grace or back to the world. probably a few things on a song-by-song basis i'd take on either of those two over a lot of the new one, but i really fucking like it right now.

i'm skipping "formation" ever time. although i like how it's a little more ominous than rallying. i'd be really bummed out if i felt compelled to liken it to "cadence to arms." and i'm pretty psyched about the way rattle & roll/up the union bleed into each other. punk rock n roll is great, but that was the first really positive thing i had to say about the album a couple weeks ago. heart on the sleeve cheesiness at its finest. yesterday is just plain catchy. bobby powers, as well. like i said. 6 kinds of awesome. in stereo, too. and hang em high. i thought ghosts was interesting before, when i thought everything sounded the same a couple weeks ago, because at least that song didn't. oh father is great. poor, poor jimmy ends the album just find. harpo and portalnd are the only things i really could take or leave right now.

oh, how i want to call out of work sunday night to drive out to pawtucket to see them. i really might do that.

and i suck for not getting the version (or being aware of it til now) with the bonus tracks on it. that's what i get for picking the thing up at best buy.

so i got on itunes to spend the buck whatever on "war after the war." somehow ended up linked to it's long-gone, pretty sure sometime around when he joined the army, yes. too bad the board isn't pull-up-able. i thought the internet was forever? how come i can't cringe at the stuff i may have posted back in 2005? i guess if i wanted to embarrass myself i could just do a little digging on here, and find some old posts from when i frequented pleba i'm curious how much nervous bravado was in my review of the murphy's law show i temporarily got thrown out of when i was 19